Author Topic: 50 Cent, Tony Yayo Register As Bone Marrow Donors To Help 11-Year-Old (PROPS)  (Read 500 times)

Elano

The G-Unit members register as a bone marrow donor to help a young actress diagnosed with leukemia.

Rappers 50 Cent and Tony Yayo have registered as bone marrow donors in hopes of helping a young actress diagnosed with leukemia.

According to Yahoo Music News, the rappers made the decision to register with DKMS and become a part of the Be The Match Registry when 50 learned that 11-year-old Shannon Tavarez needed a bone marrow transplant.

Before being diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, Tavarez had a co-starring role as a young Nala in the Broadway production of The Lion King.

The story hit home to 50, who has a child of his own. "My son is just a couple years older than Shannon and I can't imagine if his life was needlessly cut short when there is someone out there that could save him," said the Queens rapper in a statement.

"Shannon's chances of finding a matching donor are slim because she's African American and Dominican and minorities are underrepresented in the national registry," he added. "Everyone, regardless of their race or ethnicity deserves a fair chance at life. Registering to become a bone marrow donor starts with a cheek swab but it's more than that. It's a commitment to save a life."

To sign up as a bone marrow donor, visit GetSwabbed.org. Registrants must be between the ages of 18 and 55, and be in good health.

Below is footage of 50 Cent getting swabbed to be a part of the registry, followed by a video about Shannon Tavarez.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/b5NmA8cc6-w" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/b5NmA8cc6-w</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hXefpqOTetQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hXefpqOTetQ</a>

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i guess this is more reason to feel sorry for young bucc huh, 50 is a good dude and yayo keep it networth, good deed yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

theremedy360

Never thought much of 50 or Yayo as people but this is good to hear.

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
Yeah, big props to both of them..
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

• Muthafuckin' Don!
wow 3 replies to this,but a warren g thread will get a shit load for a regulate 1000 ep smh hahaha yell

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
lmfao @ box, box come to the old chillspot my equal...were back kickin it like old times.

Lunatic

Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

• Muthafuckin' Don!
lmfao @ box, box come to the old chillspot my equal...were back kickin it like old times.
whats the url again yell

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
PR 101
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

sofdark

nice, its always good to see others doing stuff that results positive.