Author Topic: Dr. Laura goes "nigger" crazy on her show and then apologizes  (Read 2804 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dr. Laura goes "nigger" crazy on her show and then apologizes
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2010, 08:02:42 AM »
What a dumbass lol I dont know why White people are so obsessed with being able to say the word "Nigger". Its like their arguing point to show that they are discriminated against too lol The tough life of a White Person in America....they cant say the word "Nigger". For one, no one can tell anyone else to what degree something is supposed to bother them. This lady is an idiot. And theres obviously a difference between people calling themselves something...and someone outside calling them it. You could get pissed at sister and call her a bitch, but if somebody else did youd take offense.

For the record I think that all of these so called racist words, when used in a derogatory way are just childish, but we are talking about people, like english teachers for example not even being able to quote a passage which contains that word without having to say n word, it's pathetic and ridiculous. I will never support the censoring of words because it's all a slippery slope.

there is always this "slippery slope" that people talk about tho...and it is always so exaggerated. Whats the slippery slope here? For longest time it has been considered wrong to say the word "Nigger". Whether White America thinks they should be allowed to say it or not, the word is still offensive to some. Has using the phrase "N word" really done a lot of damage to the country and to free speech as a whole? You are still free to say what you want, but there are reprecussions as with anything you say. The word is tied to probably the most shameful period in this countries history, envokes a lot of emotion, and it is essentially a curseword at this point. What would be wrong with teachers not saying it? They wouldnt be allowed to use any other offensive word. I remember learning about the Holocaust in school....I dont remember any teachers feeling the need to use the word "Kike". We learned about some Mexican American history. There was no need for them to use the word "Spic" or "Wetback" or anything. But with "Nigger" it seems like people get up in arms about NOT being able to say it.

difference being jews dont call them kikes all the time, etc
when i rap along a song that includes nigga or nigger i damn well am gonna say it... plus does anyone say "the k-word" for kike? or the "s-word" for spic? the "c-word" for cracker?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Anunikke

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2010, 03:28:25 PM »
That was it?
People complain about that?

You americans are truly retarded

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2010, 03:57:03 PM »
People say the C-word for Cunt LOL

This stuff is beyond words though, it's about respecting other people.  The words themselves are not bad at times, but come on any word said at the wrong time to the wrong person can possibly give you an ass whopping lol. 

Sikotic™

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2010, 04:31:16 PM »
when i rap along a song that includes nigga or nigger i damn well am gonna say it... plus does anyone say "the k-word" for kike? or the "s-word" for spic? the "c-word" for cracker?
So because a couple of ignorant motherfuckers from the hood say it in rap songs or a black comedian says it in his act on stage, that deems it acceptable in society now? C'mon now.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Blasphemy

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2010, 04:41:53 PM »
That was it?
People complain about that?

You americans are truly retarded

And Basing your assumptions of a entire Country, off one incident between two stupid bitches on the rag, clearly shows Intelligence. I'm not saying everyone in America is Smart, but not everyone is a Idiot. People with your logic is one of the problems. It's called Stereotyping.  Either way it's bad.

So because a couple of ignorant motherfuckers from the hood say it in rap songs or a black comedian says it in his act on stage, that deems it acceptable in society now? C'mon now.
No but as Society progress, eventually Certain Subjects become less Taboo. As such we need to evolve. We still need to acquire some sorta Standard, but it requires fucking thought. People like the caller have made Race such a intense Subject, that the one they Love who's making the Jokes appears hateful based off her perception. Which is illogical because then he'd never marry her ass in the first place.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2010, 04:50:47 PM »
Wait, the caller has a right to be annoyed.  If everything the other person is saying is, "is that what you black people do?" It's even worse if they're not good friends. 

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2010, 05:29:22 PM »
daygo made some good points,but i'm sorry i don't want nobody of another race to tell me how to feel about the word period,and if a white muthafucca call me that it's gonna be problems it's that simple, if you are a friend you'll get can you not use that word around me first,but after that it's problems,and i'd be the same way with any other race it's all about respect,and freedom of speech my ass if you are in control of the rules yes,but as a rather citizen please, and some of you white folks on here know damn well even if you was singing your songs with the word nigga in it,if you was around some muthafuccas you don't know who you feel would whoop yo ass you would skip over that word or rap that shit under your breath, keep it networth hahah, this lady was full of shit yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2010, 06:22:52 PM »
What a dumbass lol I dont know why White people are so obsessed with being able to say the word "Nigger". Its like their arguing point to show that they are discriminated against too lol The tough life of a White Person in America....they cant say the word "Nigger". For one, no one can tell anyone else to what degree something is supposed to bother them. This lady is an idiot. And theres obviously a difference between people calling themselves something...and someone outside calling them it. You could get pissed at sister and call her a bitch, but if somebody else did youd take offense.

For the record I think that all of these so called racist words, when used in a derogatory way are just childish, but we are talking about people, like english teachers for example not even being able to quote a passage which contains that word without having to say n word, it's pathetic and ridiculous. I will never support the censoring of words because it's all a slippery slope.

there is always this "slippery slope" that people talk about tho...and it is always so exaggerated. Whats the slippery slope here? For longest time it has been considered wrong to say the word "Nigger". Whether White America thinks they should be allowed to say it or not, the word is still offensive to some. Has using the phrase "N word" really done a lot of damage to the country and to free speech as a whole? You are still free to say what you want, but there are reprecussions as with anything you say. The word is tied to probably the most shameful period in this countries history, envokes a lot of emotion, and it is essentially a curseword at this point. What would be wrong with teachers not saying it? They wouldnt be allowed to use any other offensive word. I remember learning about the Holocaust in school....I dont remember any teachers feeling the need to use the word "Kike". We learned about some Mexican American history. There was no need for them to use the word "Spic" or "Wetback" or anything. But with "Nigger" it seems like people get up in arms about NOT being able to say it.

Firstly it wasn't about simply this word, it was about the censoring of any words, it's contrary to freedom of speech and as for it being a slippery slope, haven't the democrats being trying to press ahead with a "fairness doctrine"? it's a slippery slope because it opens up the door for all manner of hate speech and hate speech, is anything that is deemed hateful. I don't use any of these names, I think those that do are idiots, but it's a word, it might be an offensive word, but tough shit, people should really get a grip and snap out of this daze, far more chilling occurences going down in the centre of power in washington than a lady repeating the "n" word.

The thing is she didnt just say the word in passing on the street. She said it ON the job. Im not sure where u work, but have you ever been to a harrassment seminar or meeting? lol. If you look at a woman the wrong way (whatever the wrong way is, because when it comes to harrassment it is defined in the 'victims' perspective) and say "nice shirt", your job can be in jeopardy. I would think that repeatedly saying the word "Nigger" over and over is somewhat of a big deal. Bill Maher got taken off of ABC for saying the troops werent heroes lol. Bottom line is, no one out there can say what is or isnt offensive. Only those offended can. Im not offended by the word "fuck". Yet it still isnt allowed to be used by teachers in school. Why? Free speech sounds great, but there will ALWAYS be a limit to that. There has to be.

Why does there have to be??? It's called Free Fucking Speech. IE Speech that is Free, as such I do not have to pay for what I say. Paying being fine, jail time, or any type of Legal Recourse for my words. If you're to uninvolved to progress pass the concept of Curse Words, or being offended. You can go away. That's it, nothing more. Get the fuck outta my face. Go some where else if you don't want to hear it. If it's in music? Don't listen to it. TV? Don't watch it. Book? Don't fucking read it.

A lot of these people willing put themselves in situation were they'll be offended. If they had any true Idea about the fucking world, they'd see this is all trivial bullshit, that's not important in the bigger picture.   

lol If you want true free speech....someone would also be allowed to threaten your mom and tell her they will kill her. Thats truly free speech. Someone would be allowed to yell "fire" in a crowded movie theater with true free speech...even tho the result could be injury to others. Thats why there HAS to be a limit. True free speech would also allow someone to blurt out any racist/sexist comment they want in the work place. That would be a mistake to allow. But it would be true free speech. People NOW, more than ever want to be able to do or say whatever they want without having ANY consequences for themselves.  Obviously I dont agree with anyone being jailed for using an offensive word lol. But it is still YOUR responsibily to be responsible with the shit u say.  If I decided at work to start throwin around prejudice remarks against a certain race, I should be grown up enough to know that I just put my job in jeopardy.  Its a toddler-like mentality that believes you should never put a filter on the shit that is in your own head. I used to think that way too.....but I was a kid.  
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2010, 06:30:40 PM »

So what if they dont call themselves it all the time. Guess what, they can. Deal with it. People are so concerned with wanting to be included in what everyone else does. They dont stop to think whether they should. White people just want to say the word "nigger" because theyve been told its wrong to say. lol. The only other reason they would want to say it, is because they are racist. Ive had Mexican friends who throw around racial slurs about Mexicans. But guess what, they can. No big deal. I dont go throwin around racial Mexican slurs if I dont plan on offending somebody. It doesnt bother me that Im not included in the group lol.  There will always be things that are acceptable amongst a group...that are not acceptable from those outside of it. I guarantee you that you and your friends/family allow shit from eachother that if a stranger did it...youd probably get pissed. Thats life.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2010, 07:16:20 PM »
I've had English teachers read the word "nigger" in reading a passage of a novel.  I've also had a black teacher allow us to read the word out loud. "It's okay, this is a work of fiction".  You gotta be a fucking douchebag to protest this, when it's being used in the classroom for educational purposes.  This whole idea that the word is being censored in schools is new to me.  Maybe teachers are just censoring themselves, but it's not something that is happening by force. 

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2010, 07:22:11 PM »
Real talk box...which one of u is cool wit a race usin the term they shouldnt even if someone n that approves of it?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2010, 07:28:47 PM »

So what if they dont call themselves it all the time. Guess what, they can. Deal with it. People are so concerned with wanting to be included in what everyone else does. They dont stop to think whether they should. White people just want to say the word "nigger" because theyve been told its wrong to say. lol. The only other reason they would want to say it, is because they are racist. Ive had Mexican friends who throw around racial slurs about Mexicans. But guess what, they can. No big deal. I dont go throwin around racial Mexican slurs if I dont plan on offending somebody. It doesnt bother me that Im not included in the group lol.  There will always be things that are acceptable amongst a group...that are not acceptable from those outside of it. I guarantee you that you and your friends/family allow shit from eachother that if a stranger did it...youd probably get pissed. Thats life.

The only thing I care about is free speech. I don't give a fucc what color you is, what you say, but you need to have the goddamn freedom to say it. You a white person who likes to say the word nigger then do it muthafucca. Yeah you might get shot in the face, but a nigga should be able to say whatever the fucc he wants to say. Same with freedom of religion. Like them busta ass muslims who want that mosque on Ground Zero. Do it!!! I don't give a fucc if you get killed. Stupid people really do deserve to die. Put that on Lights tombstone.

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2010, 07:30:28 PM »
I've had English teachers read the word "nigger" in reading a passage of a novel.  I've also had a black teacher allow us to read the word out loud. "It's okay, this is a work of fiction".  You gotta be a fucking douchebag to protest this, when it's being used in the classroom for educational purposes.  This whole idea that the word is being censored in schools is new to me.  Maybe teachers are just censoring themselves, but it's not something that is happening by force. 

Could be. I mean offensive words by a teacher shouldnt be used if they arent used for the purpose of education. But if you are teaching about the Civil Rights movement, the word will come up.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2010, 07:34:02 PM »

Could be. I mean offensive words by a teacher shouldnt be used if they arent used for the purpose of education. But if you are teaching about the Civil Rights movement, the word will come up.

Yeah, that will happen as well.  So I don't know where this idea that teachers are being censored?  New to me, and I work with middle school and high school students. 

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2010, 07:36:49 PM »

The only thing I care about is free speech. I don't give a fucc what color you is, what you say, but you need to have the goddamn freedom to say it. You a white person who likes to say the word nigger then do it muthafucca. Yeah you might get shot in the face, but a nigga should be able to say whatever the fucc he wants to say. Same with freedom of religion. Like them busta ass muslims who want that mosque on Ground Zero. Do it!!! I don't give a fucc if you get killed. Stupid people really do deserve to die. Put that on Lights tombstone.

What Im sayin is just that if you say somethin, be prepared for the consequences. I can understand why the law doesnt want threats and shit that can cause harm. I get that. If you just wanna say somethin offensive, thats your choice. But there are consequences to everything.  I just always find it funny how white people are SO hung up on bein able to say the word nigga lol.