Author Topic: So We gonna Act Like West Coast Has got a single successfull lyrical mc?  (Read 433 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: So We gonna Act Like West Coast Has got a single successfull lyrical mc?
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2010, 11:41:50 AM »
fyi: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/lyrical

Your point being? If you are hinting to that you don't think I know what "lyrical" means, you are sadly mistaken kid

just sayin....you think Crooked I is more deeply emotional and enthusiastic than Pac? I'm nowhere near a kid either.

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2010, 12:03:27 PM »
Then stop making childish remarks.

I thought we we're talking about people who are alive? Pac is a legend, that's a given. But as far as ACTIVE rappers on the west coast: Crooked I.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2010, 03:06:20 PM »
Then stop making childish remarks.

I thought we we're talking about people who are alive? Pac is a legend, that's a given. But as far as ACTIVE rappers on the west coast: Crooked I.

what childish remarks? I haven't said anything to you except to suggest Gift of Gab as an alternative to Crooked I (which is the point of this topic). Stop catching feelings for no reason.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2010, 03:17:03 PM »
If we're talking alive rappers I've got a bunch that I consider great lyricists. Not sure what's meant by "successful" but if you mean like multi-platinum selling than that narrows it down to just a few. The most popular rappers on the west coast have always been gangster or pop oriented. That's true for the south as well. For some reason east coast lyricists tend to be more successful, at least during the 90s.

As far as platinum-selling lyricists I'd put Ice Cube and Xzibit on top of the list.