Author Topic: Carmelo Anthony could force trade to New York Knicks  (Read 996 times)

Elano

Carmelo Anthony could force trade to New York Knicks
« on: August 18, 2010, 02:08:11 AM »
It seems more and more likely Carmelo Anthony will not sign a contract extension with the Nuggets, which likely will force the team to trade him, perhaps to the Knicks.

ESPN.com reported last night that Anthony is "going to make it real clear that he's not coming back" to Denver, according to an NBA source.

"Both Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke and Anthony already are well aware that they don't have a future together, sources say. That became clear to Kroenke at a reception after Anthony's July 11 (wedding) to La La Vasquez in Manhattan," the report says.

During the reception, Hornets guard Chris Paul and new Knicks forward Amar'e Stoudemire both mentioned in toasts that Anthony should join the Knicks. Anthony "apparently did nothing to discourage or dismiss the suggestions that he should leave the Nuggets," the report says.

Anthony, who grew up in Baltimore and played at Syracuse, could return to the East Coast in two ways: He could sign the three-year, $65 million extension the Nuggets have offered, then force the team to trade him. Or he could refuse to sign, leaving the Nuggets to trade him or receive nothing when he becomes a free agent after this season.

Either option could have Anthony in a Knicks uniform at the start of this season, or at the league's February trade deadline.

The Denver Post reports the Nuggets have maintained they will trade the high-scoring forward rather than lose him for nothing, and ESPN said, around the NBA, "The persistent belief is New York is where he wants to end up."

According to ESPN, the Knicks could offer Eddy Curry and his expiring contract to the Nuggets, along with players, in a trade.

Last week, Anthony said he had no timetable to sign the extension, a very lucrative deal considering the NBA's unstable labor situation heading into 2011-12. Other reports had those close to Anthony saying the Knicks are "perfect for him."

The Nuggets recently fired their basketball operations chief, Mark Warkentien, and could wait to hire front-office personnel before trading Anthony.

ESPN reports Anthony took a liking to Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni during the 2008 Olympics, where D'Antoni was an assistant coach for Team USA.

The Knicks signed only Stoudemire from a 2010 free agent class that included LeBron James and Chris Bosh, who both joined Miami, with their respective teams (Cleveland, Toronto) getting nothing in return.

There are two ways that Anthony could force a trade in the near future. He could sign the three-year, $65 million extension Denver has offered him and demand a trade.

He could also refuse to sign, leaving the Nuggets to trade him or receive nothing when he becomes a free agent after this season.

theremedy360

Re: Carmelo Anthony could force trade to New York Knicks
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 09:48:11 AM »
It seems more and more likely Carmelo Anthony will not sign a contract extension with the Nuggets, which likely will force the team to trade him, perhaps to the Knicks.

ESPN.com reported last night that Anthony is "going to make it real clear that he's not coming back" to Denver, according to an NBA source.

"Both Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke and Anthony already are well aware that they don't have a future together, sources say. That became clear to Kroenke at a reception after Anthony's July 11 (wedding) to La La Vasquez in Manhattan," the report says.

During the reception, Hornets guard Chris Paul and new Knicks forward Amar'e Stoudemire both mentioned in toasts that Anthony should join the Knicks. Anthony "apparently did nothing to discourage or dismiss the suggestions that he should leave the Nuggets," the report says.

Anthony, who grew up in Baltimore and played at Syracuse, could return to the East Coast in two ways: He could sign the three-year, $65 million extension the Nuggets have offered, then force the team to trade him. Or he could refuse to sign, leaving the Nuggets to trade him or receive nothing when he becomes a free agent after this season.

Either option could have Anthony in a Knicks uniform at the start of this season, or at the league's February trade deadline.

The Denver Post reports the Nuggets have maintained they will trade the high-scoring forward rather than lose him for nothing, and ESPN said, around the NBA, "The persistent belief is New York is where he wants to end up."

According to ESPN, the Knicks could offer Eddy Curry and his expiring contract to the Nuggets, along with players, in a trade.

Last week, Anthony said he had no timetable to sign the extension, a very lucrative deal considering the NBA's unstable labor situation heading into 2011-12. Other reports had those close to Anthony saying the Knicks are "perfect for him."

The Nuggets recently fired their basketball operations chief, Mark Warkentien, and could wait to hire front-office personnel before trading Anthony.

ESPN reports Anthony took a liking to Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni during the 2008 Olympics, where D'Antoni was an assistant coach for Team USA.

The Knicks signed only Stoudemire from a 2010 free agent class that included LeBron James and Chris Bosh, who both joined Miami, with their respective teams (Cleveland, Toronto) getting nothing in return.

There are two ways that Anthony could force a trade in the near future. He could sign the three-year, $65 million extension Denver has offered him and demand a trade.

He could also refuse to sign, leaving the Nuggets to trade him or receive nothing when he becomes a free agent after this season.

LOL, why would anyone in their right mind even consider taking on Eddy Curry's terrible contract?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 09:52:21 AM »
I want to see angry Lakers fans in here. Bitching and complaining that he "scumbagged" the Nuggets.

This is a straight up LeBron James move; now start crying to me.

theremedy360

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 10:01:47 AM »
^ He's still acting like a bitch, but not on LeBron's level. He's telling them he wants a trade, not waiting until the last minute and announcing his decision to leave on a fuckin ESPN special.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 10:07:02 AM »
^As an owner I'd prefer a player to play out his contract while winning the MVP and making my team tons of money while winning 60+ games, than a player who demands a trade prior to his contract ending.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

theremedy360

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 10:35:40 AM »
^ I see where you're coming from, but at least Melo is giving them a chance to actually acquire some pieces for him. And besides LeBron making a bunch of money for the organization last year, what else did he do for them? They got eliminated in the second round.. And I don't remember there being anything in Melo's contract that said he could only go to the Knicks, there's probably plenty of large market teams that would give up prospects for Melo. I don't agree with what either guy is doing, but LeBron's seemed way more classless to me (which is saying something)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 10:37:55 AM by TheRemedy360 »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 04:15:27 PM »
A writer from the Denver Post said that this in no way is as big as the LeBron deal. Now within the Nuggets org, this is like Armageddon, but for the fans, Denver is a football town that got lucky that the Detroit Pistons were dumb enough not to pick up 'Melo, and Denver is a city that has won titles in other sports so they are not going to be as mad. In Cleveland, they are a whatever team has the best chance of winning a title because none of my teams have even a snow balls chance in hell, except for the Cavs who are lead by our hometown hero. Then the hometown hero stabbed us in the back, and is now talking shit about never liking Cleveland. There's a huge difference.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 05:18:40 PM »
I'd say it's the same. Melo bailing out now cancels out the hour long decision show LeBron had & he's going to play with Amare, which is more help.

& let's be real, I wouldn't be surprised to see CP3 heading to NY next season either. Basically the EXACT same thing LeBron did; but since it's LeBron & there are "LeBron>>>" talks, you guys run & make it seem different.

Let's have an unbiased viewing of the situation at hand; it wasn't like Lebron said "I'm without a doubt coming back to Cleveland", he took his time played it out & made you all sit & watch & it made you sick, but in the end just the fact that it aggrivated you so much to see & hear about him everywhere you turned that made you hate it when he ran to his best scenario & given the chemistry is there will beat the Lakers in the Finals lol.

If a week after he lost to Boston he said, "I think I'm going to play in Miami with Wade" & wasn't on TV, you'd still hate on the decision. But if he came out & said, "I'm going to New Jersey with Jay-Z" you'd respect the decision because as a Lakers fan or any fan of a competitive team, you know him playing in NJ can't hurt you.

Bottom line, you're all just mad that he's in the world's greatest scenario to win a title besides play with Kobe in LA; when in reality Melo is doing the same thing, just situating himself in his best possible scenario.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 05:26:37 PM »
man if i was in nuggets management i'd laugh at this equal for being a bitch like alot of the 03 draft class,then  ship his ass off to the clippers for some of they good young talent and draft pics without giving his ass the extension, i mean really how you gonna ask for an extention and a  trade hahahaha,tell a equal he a star now and he goes extra diva, may not be no labron shit but fucc wanting and extension and a trade would even make labron say damn even i ain't do no bitch shit like that yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 05:35:53 PM »
I'd say it's the same. Melo bailing out now cancels out the hour long decision show LeBron had & he's going to play with Amare, which is more help.

& let's be real, I wouldn't be surprised to see CP3 heading to NY next season either. Basically the EXACT same thing LeBron did; but since it's LeBron & there are "LeBron>>>" talks, you guys run & make it seem different.

Let's have an unbiased viewing of the situation at hand; it wasn't like Lebron said "I'm without a doubt coming back to Cleveland", he took his time played it out & made you all sit & watch & it made you sick, but in the end just the fact that it aggrivated you so much to see & hear about him everywhere you turned that made you hate it when he ran to his best scenario & given the chemistry is there will beat the Lakers in the Finals lol.

If a week after he lost to Boston he said, "I think I'm going to play in Miami with Wade" & wasn't on TV, you'd still hate on the decision. But if he came out & said, "I'm going to New Jersey with Jay-Z" you'd respect the decision because as a Lakers fan or any fan of a competitive team, you know him playing in NJ can't hurt you.

Bottom line, you're all just mad that he's in the world's greatest scenario to win a title besides play with Kobe in LA; when in reality Melo is doing the same thing, just situating himself in his best possible scenario.

WTF are you talking about. No, LeBron waiting until the last minute, and the Cavs getting nothing is far worst than giving a team a year long notice so that they can take their time and handle the situation correctly. I mean, seriously, are you truly trying to argue this point when you know damn well what LeBron did was cripple his team and gave them no other options. Within a few days the Cavs lost their star player, their starting center and their back up center all because of LeBron decision. Carmelo is still thinking things over, and Denver is preparing for the worst, and they know that if they play their cards right they can get something back. Cleveland was not given that chance as LeBron didn't talk to anybody and he played it to fit his ego, Carmelo is trying to get LaLa back into the NYC. I can't believe you are even trying to argue this.

http://www.denverpost.com/krieger/ci_15810611

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 05:55:19 PM »
LOL, LeBron is the best (or seconds best w/e) player in the game. No matter what happened, the Cavs couldn't recover. He wasn't going to be traded, why would the Cavs trade him during the middle of a season they were on pace & reached 66 wins? Who in their right mind would do that?

Whether LeBron waited until the last mintue or told them seconds after they lost to Boston, the Cavs would be in the exact same situation; there was nothing they could do about it. Don't make it seem like him waiting hurt them, even if he told them going into the playoffs "If I don't win, I'm going to Miami", they STILL would have no answer for that & STILL be in the same position they find themselves.

It shows how little help he truly had that him leaving makes that team automatically the worst in the entire NBA. Kobe leaves the Lakers, they are still playoff bound, in the more difficult West, none the less; but that's a different story/debate.

Melo is bailing on the Nuggets because he knows he can't win there with Kobe & his squad in LA & LeBron & his crew in South Beach. He must know CP3 is planning on going to NY with him & next season they will be able to compete with both of them.

Basically the ONLY positive thing Melo is doing for Denver is giving them Eddy Curry's expiring contract lol. If Carmelo leaves, they are finished & will be a lottery team & Carmelo Anthony's don't just show up in the draft every season, they will be in the same boat, even giving them a year's notice.

westsiderider323

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 06:36:14 PM »
good let melos ass go to NY less competition in the west  8)

theremedy360

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 06:37:41 PM »
I don't give a shit what people think about Kobe, I like him personally, but he ain't reppin my city so don't use that as an argument. My issue with LeBron wasn't him leaving, it's the fact that he demanded that lame ass 1 hour special and shat all over the city and team that made him. Like I said, I don't agree with what either did, but at least Melo is giving them a warning and giving them a chance to acquire some talent, unlike LeBron who left his team in the dark all off season only to leave.

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 07:29:28 PM »

you are the biggest fuckin idiot alive LOL

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2010, 10:43:12 PM »
I want to see angry Lakers fans in here. Bitching and complaining that he "scumbagged" the Nuggets.

This is a straight up LeBron James move; now start crying to me.
very true

but don't get rationalism out of most Laker fans
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens