Author Topic: Lace Cadence – Launchpad (mixtape)  (Read 56 times)

rayallen0

Lace Cadence – Launchpad (mixtape)
« on: August 22, 2010, 07:06:43 PM »

It’s been a long time coming, but the homey Lace Cadence of Clockwork has officially released his first solo project, coming in the form of the Launchpad mixtape. If you’re familiar with Clockwork, then you know a bit of what to expect, but this builds off the group’s sound and takes it to a new place altogether. I had a nice discussion with Lace about where he’s at musically these days and I couldn’t be prouder of dude. In essence, he’s a grown ass man and he’s going to make the music he wants to make, without compromise. He’s shown elements of this style throughout his career, but he really owned it on these records. As an artist, that’s where you want to be.

I’m also happy to add that J. Moore and I hosted the tape, while DJ B-Mello mixed the project from front to back (sound familiar?). It was a great process all around, so big shouts to Lace, Frank, Blastoff Productions, Producer L, and everyone involved with Launchpad. Hope y’all enjoy the tape as much as we enjoyed putting it together.

Download here http://www.lacecadence.com/