Author Topic: Ice Cube Wants Chris Tucker For New 'Friday'  (Read 997 times)

woof

Ice Cube Wants Chris Tucker For New 'Friday'
« on: August 19, 2010, 03:43:55 AM »
(AllHipHop News) Hit rapper/director Ice Cube is hoping to land Chris Tucker for a new installment of his successful Friday franchise of movies.

Ice Cube and his Cubevision production shingle are responsible for the three Friday movies, which have starred actors like Chris Tucker, Mike Epps, John Witherspoon, Katt Williams and others.

The movies have been box office smashes.

Friday (1995) has grossed over $28 million, Next Friday (2000) has grossed over $59 million, while Friday After Next (2002) grossed over $33 million.

"That’s my dream. I hope so, I even want Chris Tucker in it. I think that’s what everybody wants to see," Ice Cube stated. "They want to see all of us together, I’ve been campaigning trying to put that together, I’m going to keep campaigning until the idea is so old nobody wants to see it."

Chris Tucker has been relatively quiet over the past three years, with his last blockbuster hit coming in the form of Rush Hour 3, which co-starred Jackie Chan and earned the popular actor $25 million.

Most recently, the famed comedian/actor fan into tax troubles with the IRS claimed he owed over $11 million dollars in back taxes.

Just last week, he put his Monteverde, Florida mansion on the market for $2 million.

And Cube seemed adamant that another sequel to the Friday series would not be possible, unless Chris Tucker agrees to appear in the flick.

"I want to deliver it, but I don’t want to deliver what you’ve seen already. We gotta have Chris in it," Ice Cube said.

In related news, Ice Cube is preparing to release his new album, I Am the West.

He recently went public and revealed that Dr. Dre would not be featured on the album, simply because Cube cannot get in contact with his former N.W.A. group member.

"I don’t know, but I don’t feel that bad because I talked to Snoop and he ain’t heard from him either," Ice Cube told AllHipHop.com. "It ain’t just me. This is a man that everybody in the music industry is trying to get production out of, so he has to pick and choose what he can do because he still has pressure to put his record out. That was never a motivating factor for me, my record was done and it was gonna come out with or without him, I’m the only one that has to show up."

Ice Cube's new album I Am the West is due in stores on September 24th on his own imprint, Lench Mob Records.

kuruptDPG

Re: Ice Cube Wants Chris Tucker For New 'Friday'
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 04:32:37 AM »
good to hear he wants tucker, chris should do it, what the hell is he doin these days anyways? make it happen

like i said b4 ski, jinx etc are enough, fuck dre

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 06:20:59 AM »
Fuck dre...stay n gaga land...u left the westcoast...no comin back especially wit jay on ur lead single
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

doggfather

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 07:38:46 AM »
sounds good.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 07:47:39 AM »
Ice Cube seems to be doing everything right these days.

MoneyMack

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Young Gotstra
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 11:07:32 AM »
We need this final Friday movie. All fans of the films have been wantin' a group effort of Craig, Day-Day & Smokey since "Next Friday" dropped.

C'mon Chris Tucker.....except it! haha
Sick Wid' It - Lench Mob - DPG - PYO - Mad Science FAN 4 LIFE!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 11:31:57 AM »
Friday After Next was alright but it was clear that they needed Smokey. I would love it if they did one last Friday movie and Smokey gets out of "rehab" lol.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

The Cricket

• Lil Geezy
  • CEBUANO G FOREVER!
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 12:11:51 PM »
We need this final Friday movie. All fans of the films have been wantin' a group effort of Craig, Day-Day & Smokey since "Next Friday" dropped.

C'mon Chris Tucker.....except it! haha

SMOKE IT UP MAYNE! SMOKE AND TOKE!

Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 12:14:07 PM »
Cube been sayin this for years. Won't ever happen. Chris Tucker is a jackass.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Muhfukka

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 12:25:08 PM »
woah friday after next made more then the original? thats fucked up, that movie kinda sucked dick

Chris Tucker is a jackass.
slap yourself boy

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 12:30:30 PM »
Friday After Next was alright but it was clear that they needed Smokey. I would love it if they did one last Friday movie and Smokey gets out of "rehab" lol.

this is the plan right now, chris will be in the next one he needs that cash

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 12:55:46 PM »
Y tucker actin up?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Back2Back

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 01:03:02 PM »
Chris Tucker looks old as hell  ;D

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2010, 01:25:36 PM »
Would be good if this happens but cant see it !

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2010, 03:33:54 PM »
hell yeah
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.