Author Topic: Englands Starting Line Up  (Read 468 times)

ILL-Logic-AL

Englands Starting Line Up
« on: December 14, 2002, 11:42:59 AM »
Who do you think should be in it?

Owen & Smith

J Cole, Scholes, Dyer, Beckham

A Cole, Ferdinand, Campbell, Neville

bez

Re:Englands Starting Line Up
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2002, 12:06:01 PM »
Seaman, Robinson, Wright

a.Cole, Campbell, Keown, Neville ----Ferdinand, Mills, P.Neville

Dyer, Gerrard, Scholes, Beckham-----COle, Murphy, Butt

Owen, Smith-----Heskey, Rooney, (still a bit to young) , Vassell

Sol

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2002, 12:09:03 PM »
Who do you think should be in it?

Owen & Smith

J Cole, Scholes, Dyer, Beckham

A Cole, Ferdinand, Campbell, Neville

hey, i think your forgeting our secret world class forward, Carl Asaba ;)

Joachim

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2002, 12:14:15 PM »
Kirkland/Hoult

G Neville
Rio
Sol
A Cole

Beckham
Gerrard/Dyer
Scholes
Bridge/Mcmanaman/Sinclair

Owen/Defoe
Smith

bez

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2002, 12:20:05 PM »
Kirkland/Hoult

G Neville
Rio
Sol
A Cole

Beckham
Gerrard/Dyer
Scholes

Owen/Defoe
Smith

nice

ILL-Logic-AL

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2002, 05:25:31 AM »

Bridge is better at left back, McManaman plays better at right midfield, Trevor is right footed. Anyone know what Jonathan Greenings preffered foot is? I saw him against Chelsea and it looked like he was using both.

I think its about time Graeme Le Saux gets a call up, hes been playing well for Chelsea and would definetely be able to challenge Ashley Cole for his spot in the side, even though I prefer Coles style.

Joachim

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2002, 08:10:15 AM »

Bridge is better at left back, McManaman plays better at right midfield, Trevor is right footed. Anyone know what Jonathan Greenings preffered foot is? I saw him against Chelsea and it looked like he was using both.

Bridge can play left wing, he did well against Macedonia there, and also has one of the best left footed crosses in the country, McManaman plays left wing for Real he's more then capable and Sinclair roasted the Argies on the left wing in Japan, if he can do that to Argentina i'm sure he can handle Liechenstein and Slovakia.

Plus with Ashley at left back we can afford a right footed left winger.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2002, 01:21:34 PM »
Aight

What happened to Danny Mills

lol

You know who you are - the people who said Mills was better than Neville G.

I won't shame you

Kirkland-Robinson-Hoult-Wright  - Either of the first two in the first team
Seaman - call it a day
James- It's sad that England have become so crap in the keeping department that this lanky streak of piss plays in goal sometimes

GARY NEVILLE - Right Back
Head and Shoulders above any other English right back
Should be captain
WESLEY BROWN
RIO FERDINAND (Sol is exposed at the very top level - he gets turned too much)
BRIDGE or A COLE

BECKHAM
BUTT
GERRARD
LE SAUX (played left wing for Chelsea a lot last season, plays it well-Sven hates him though)

SCHOLES

ROONEY

lol - see what happens

Am fed up of St.Michael and fat Heskey

OWEN IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH AT TOP LEVEL
England need a striker in the class of Henry, van Nistelrooy, Kluivert, Crespo
Not some fucking bunny rabbit

You're never too young - if you're good enough you should play

ILL-Logic-AL

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2002, 01:41:58 PM »
I was one of those that said Mills played better then Neville but on Nevilles recent form with Man Utd hes looked better and better.

Theres no way that Seamen should play another match for England. Robinson should be the number one choice. Wrights been making a few mistakes recently and looks out of form. Kirkland has only just got his spot back in the Liverpool side so I'd make sure he had some more matches under his belt before bringing him into the squad.

Right back is Neville all the way, Mills on the bench. I dont think Wes Brown is capable of filling Sol Campbells boots. When Ferdinand and Campbell are on top of their game, they can be the best central defencive pair in the world. Left back should be rotated between Le Saux and Cole.

Hargreaves is shit. Murphy isn't that good. Gerrards having a bad run of form. The centre of midfield should be between Kieron Dyer (will run at people), Nicky Butt (needs to play more first team football), and Paul Scholes (can score goals). Obviously Beckham on the right. Micheal Tonge of Sheff Utd should play Left midfield. For the U20's squad they play him in the centre, which is nowhere near his best position.

Smith is class upfront. He has one of the best work rates in the Premiership and will definetely mature with the more chance he gets to play. Owen will never be dropped by Sven as No. 1 England striker. Rooney should definetely get a chance to play, to see how he plays. Heskey is shit, Shearer is too old (dont bring him out of retirement). Beattie is an okay player, but I prefer Owen, Smith & Rooney to him. Plus he rubs his eyebrows too much.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2002, 02:01:55 PM »
I was one of those that said Mills played better then Neville but on Nevilles recent form with Man Utd hes looked better and better.

Theres no way that Seamen should play another match for England. Robinson should be the number one choice. Wrights been making a few mistakes recently and looks out of form. Kirkland has only just got his spot back in the Liverpool side so I'd make sure he had some more matches under his belt before bringing him into the squad.

Right back is Neville all the way, Mills on the bench. I dont think Wes Brown is capable of filling Sol Campbells boots. When Ferdinand and Campbell are on top of their game, they can be the best central defencive pair in the world. Left back should be rotated between Le Saux and Cole.

Hargreaves is shit. Murphy isn't that good. Gerrards having a bad run of form. The centre of midfield should be between Kieron Dyer (will run at people), Nicky Butt (needs to play more first team football), and Paul Scholes (can score goals). Obviously Beckham on the right. Micheal Tonge of Sheff Utd should play Left midfield. For the U20's squad they play him in the centre, which is nowhere near his best position.

Smith is class upfront. He has one of the best work rates in the Premiership and will definetely mature with the more chance he gets to play. Owen will never be dropped by Sven as No. 1 England striker. Rooney should definetely get a chance to play, to see how he plays. Heskey is shit, Shearer is too old (dont bring him out of retirement). Beattie is an okay player, but I prefer Owen, Smith & Rooney to him. Plus he rubs his eyebrows too much.

Kieron Dyer is one of the most overated players there is (as well as Joe Cole)

Nicky Butt has already proved he's the man in the centre of midfield for England at the top level, what more does he need to do to get the respect of the nation.  If it wasn't for the fact that at club level he plays with the best midfield general ever he would already have 60 caps fpr England

BTW at club level Neville G, Scholes and Butt all put in way more effort game in game out than Beckham - that's probably the reason the nation hates them compared to Beckham

ILL-Logic-AL

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2002, 02:06:41 PM »

Kieron Dyer is one of the most overated players there is (as well as Joe Cole)

Everytime I see Dyer play he does well. He has good dribbling skills, hes got good speed and acceleration. He needs to work on shooting. You just dont stick him on the back post when theres a corner been taken.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2002, 02:41:51 PM »
ROBINSON

G NEVILLE
FERDINAND
CAMPBELL
A COLE

BECKHAM
GERRARD
BUTT
BRIDGES

SCHOLES

OWEN

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Sol

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2002, 12:46:50 PM »
Aight

What happened to Danny Mills

lol

You know who you are - the people who said Mills was better than Neville G.

I won't shame you

Kirkland-Robinson-Hoult-Wright  - Either of the first two in the first team
Seaman - call it a day
James- It's sad that England have become so crap in the keeping department that this lanky streak of piss plays in goal sometimes

GARY NEVILLE - Right Back
Head and Shoulders above any other English right back
Should be captain
WESLEY BROWN
RIO FERDINAND (Sol is exposed at the very top level - he gets turned too much)
BRIDGE or A COLE

BECKHAM
BUTT
GERRARD
LE SAUX (played left wing for Chelsea a lot last season, plays it well-Sven hates him though)

SCHOLES

ROONEY

lol - see what happens

Am fed up of St.Michael and fat Heskey

OWEN IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH AT TOP LEVEL
England need a striker in the class of Henry, van Nistelrooy, Kluivert, Crespo
Not some fucking bunny rabbit

You're never too young - if you're good enough you should play

couldnt agree more, apart from the sol bit. he was our rock last season, just goin through a bad spell.

and how the fuck did owen win european footballer of the year last year??????????????