Poll

Which one do you prefer?

God's Son
3 (25%)
Stillmatic
9 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: God's Son vs. Stillmatic  (Read 273 times)

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
God's Son vs. Stillmatic
« on: December 17, 2002, 07:36:58 AM »
I have to go with Stillmatic, I had God's Son for like 3 or 4 days now. It has some pretty tight tracks but its not better than Stillmatic in my opinion. I remember when I got Stillmatic i was like  :o and thought it was a great album. Cause some of the tracks like Youre the Man or One Mic were just unfuckwithable and Gods Son doesnt have any tracks like that. Anyway its a good album and Id say Gods Son is one of the best albums of the year, the lyrics lived up to my expectations but some of the songs were average, the song with the Bravehearts was just horrible. And it has more fillers than Stillmatic, I remember I could listen to the full album but I have to skip some tracks on Gods Son. And who said Stillmatic had no replay value? I still bump that as if it came out last week.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2002, 07:44:04 AM by Lil Jay »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:God's Son vs. Stillmatic
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2002, 08:26:11 AM »
If I had to say right now, it would be Stillmatic.  But it's still too early to know for sure.  

Both these albums will be classics in time.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2002, 11:42:40 AM »
If I had to say right now, it would be Stillmatic.  But it's still too early to know for sure.  

My thoughts exactly. I feel I need atleast a couple more weeks worth of listens to properly judge "God's Son", where as i've had "Stillmatic" for about a year now so it's proved itself to be a 5 mic-er for me. I'd defo say "God's Son" is one of the best of the year though, no doubt about that.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2002, 04:59:49 PM »
Small edge to Stillmatic:

Stillmatic - 4.5
God's Son - 4.25
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2002, 07:29:13 PM »
Its kinda hard, i mean imo, gods son is more consistant, stillmatic had sum hot songs, and a few weak ones, gods son has only like one or two weak songs.  I dunno, id say Gods son has more reply value, at the moment, i cant really say, ive been bumpn gods song a lot these days, and its been sumtime since i bumped stillmatic.  So currently, i think gods son is slightly better, but I guess i gotta bump Stillmatic agian...

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Jome

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2002, 09:27:40 PM »

Stillmatic - 4.5
God's Son - 4.25

Pillow

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2002, 11:05:15 PM »
i gotta go with gods son, that album was jus pure heat and skill IMO....

Instant_Killa

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2002, 07:01:48 AM »
God's Son has some awesome east coast beats that are too dope, Stillmatic has cool beats in only a number of songs....Im liking God's son a little more at this moment,but  i still have to give this album some more time and let it all merinate.

bez

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2002, 08:50:06 AM »
I got gods son today and after first listen I can tell that Stillmatic is better IMO.  Stillmatic was a straight heat album in my view, every track was on point and I love the beats on stillmatic.  

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2002, 09:02:45 AM »
I have to go with Stillmatic, I had God's Son for like 3 or 4 days now. It has some pretty tight tracks but its not better than Stillmatic in my opinion. I remember when I got Stillmatic i was like  :o and thought it was a great album. Cause some of the tracks like Youre the Man or One Mic were just unfuckwithable and Gods Son doesnt have any tracks like that. Anyway its a good album and Id say Gods Son is one of the best albums of the year, the lyrics lived up to my expectations but some of the songs were average, the song with the Bravehearts was just horrible. And it has more fillers than Stillmatic, I remember I could listen to the full album but I have to skip some tracks on Gods Son. And who said Stillmatic had no replay value? I still bump that as if it came out last week.

^^lol nothing to add, you said it all

dpgc2002

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2002, 02:07:52 PM »
God's Son is dope but Stillmatic is a little better...I'm feeling that Nas/Eminem joint though on God's Son, Nas ripped it...

Koncept

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2002, 06:36:42 PM »

Stillmatic - 4.5
God's Son - 4.25
my thoughts excatly

EM28

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2002, 08:17:44 PM »
both albums are tight but I think i'd have to go with stillmatic.  funny, I was just thinking about this a couple of days ago.