Author Topic: Snoop Dogg Announces Doggystyle 2  (Read 7357 times)

dnjp4life

Re: Snoop Dogg Announces Doggystyle 2
« Reply #105 on: September 05, 2010, 05:17:14 AM »
As a rule of thumb, artists should never provide a 'sequel' to their best work, especially when, as in Snoop's case, it was so long ago.  Personally I think he is past it now and I don't have as much interest in his work as I used to, but good luck to him in this project.  I just can't see it sounding anything remotely like Doggystyle if he is in the studio with Swizz Beatz.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #106 on: September 05, 2010, 08:05:50 AM »
doggystyle was done almost 20 years ago of course this new album wont sound like it

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #107 on: September 05, 2010, 08:48:07 AM »
Swizz beatz produced "everywhere i go" which was number 20 on the 2nd album...dope beat but will or can snoop bring tha same heat he once brought?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #108 on: September 05, 2010, 08:58:20 AM »
Swizz beatz produced "everywhere i go" which was number 20 on the 2nd album...dope beat but will or can snoop bring tha same heat he once brought?

I don't think anyone doubts that Snoop still has it. The question is, as it is with all his albums, is the musical direction he will take with the album.

SAINTX111

• 'G'
« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2010, 12:24:46 PM »
If it ain't Dre, it ain't Doggystle. Sorry. The name of the album is just meant to create a buzz to buy it. Nothing more. Otherwise, the actual composition would have included the producers and features from the first doggstyle, not just a name.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2010, 02:21:44 PM »
Just read this:

Snoop Dogg is in a "let's do it again" type of mood.

The rapper announced plans to work with Katy Perry again after the pair's "California Gurls" collaboration shot to the top of the iTunes singles chart this week. (Perry's album, Teenage Dream, also hit #1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart this week.)

"We're trying to get together and do something on my new album ... so [I'm] definitely in contact with her," Snoop told OK! magazine about Perry. "She's a sweet girl and I had fun making the record with her. Like I said, I'm looking forward to her being on my record as well."

The album in question is Doggystyle 2: The Doggumentary

haha that's a good start

WCoastTillIDie

« Reply #111 on: September 05, 2010, 02:29:44 PM »
Snoop's only real problem is that he isn't too good at Verse Placement.  Like you can hear where Verse 1 shoulda been Verse 3 and Viceversa and so on.  I don't know if that's something his producers and engineers do or if it's something he wants to do or he just hasn't noticed it. 

His beat selection can be weak too but hey nobody is perfect i guess even though he can clearly fix that if he really really wants to or not.  He's got a good ear for beats no doubt but sometimes it sounds like he's pickin tha hottest beat from that producer's tape they sent him and just used it like fuck it, it was hot when i first heard it so i guess it'll stay. 

lol just sayin'

It's why he needs Dre!  Not only from a production stand point, but in terms of putting an entire song together!

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #112 on: September 05, 2010, 07:51:27 PM »
Real talk^
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #113 on: September 06, 2010, 02:40:25 AM »
but Dre usually doesn't like sequels, so it will never happen

Quadruple OG

« Reply #114 on: September 06, 2010, 11:40:55 AM »
IMO what Snoop should do is sign a one album deal with Daz or something and put out a street album with all of the DPG crew on it. Then he can go off and collabo with Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, etc. for his next major release

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #115 on: September 06, 2010, 12:52:01 PM »
Snoop's only real problem is that he isn't too good at Verse Placement.  Like you can hear where Verse 1 shoulda been Verse 3 and Viceversa and so on.  I don't know if that's something his producers and engineers do or if it's something he wants to do or he just hasn't noticed it. 

His beat selection can be weak too but hey nobody is perfect i guess even though he can clearly fix that if he really really wants to or not.  He's got a good ear for beats no doubt but sometimes it sounds like he's pickin tha hottest beat from that producer's tape they sent him and just used it like fuck it, it was hot when i first heard it so i guess it'll stay. 

lol just sayin'

It's why he needs Dre!  Not only from a production stand point, but in terms of putting an entire song together!

Exactly. Because with all the heat Dre's been dropping lately, we might have songs on doggystyle part 2 up to par with "under pressure". Great idea!

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #116 on: September 06, 2010, 02:02:24 PM »
Only thing I really want from this album. WESTCOAST!

I dont want another Doggystyle with all the same rappers, singers, etc. etc.

He should do something different then that but at the same time keep it 100% Westcoast!

That means no beats from Swizz, Boi-1-Da, Timbo etc.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #117 on: September 06, 2010, 02:14:58 PM »

He should do something different then that but at the same time keep it 100% Westcoast!

Snoop Dogg = Mainstream Hiphop Icon...and dude is old do you really think he is going to do a west coast sounding album.. other than dubcc who the hell cares about  west coast sounding music?

Blasphemy

« Reply #118 on: September 06, 2010, 02:15:43 PM »

Why do I feel this is gonna turn into another "Old needs to support New West" thread. Doggystyle 2 is gonna fail, because the original was a Classic. He'd really need to concentrate like a motherfucker. I mean literally make every track a banger.

D-TalkX

« Reply #119 on: September 06, 2010, 02:20:17 PM »
If that name's on an Album it needs 100% Dre...period...Swizz Beats is DMX's guy not Snoops. Snoop sounds dope on Quik, Fredwreck, Battlecat and Daz and Soopaflys beats. I respect him trying new stuff and being a superstar but that album is too classic to flirt with disaster....If it happens thought I hope I am way wrong, a good album is a good album, just Swizz beats twinny way too loud high hats and keyed samples bother me...I don't like being a hater but...