Poll

if u could get an album today from the following rappers in their prime....?

Nasty Nas circa 94
1 (3%)
Biggie Smalls circa 94
3 (9.1%)
Snoop Doggy Dogg 93
18 (54.5%)
Ice Cube 90-93
2 (6.1%)
Rakim 88
2 (6.1%)
Big Daddy Kane 87-89
0 (0%)
Slick Rick 88
1 (3%)
The D.O.C.  89-90
6 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: If you could get another album from a rapper in th  (Read 455 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re:If you could get another album from a rapper in th
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2002, 05:02:24 PM »
Got to be Snoop. But really I'd fiend for another album by any Death Row artist circa 93 - 96, full stop. From Chronic to Doggystyle to Dogg Food to All Eyez, plus the soundtracks in between, you always knew you were getting the utmost quality. There's no way you get that fom tha Row these days, but even Aftermath or Dogghouse don't have the consistency that DR had back then. Don't want to sound like I'm livin in the past, but shit sucks like that!!
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2002, 06:36:29 PM »
Good topic/poll. I picked snoop, but I'd love to hear one from any one of those you named tech.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2002, 12:23:21 AM »
damn can't believe i'm the first to say cube. i loved cube when he was political and didn't just make songs for the club. death certificate amerikkkas most, predator, even lethal injection were straight classics. i don't think too many rappers have been that consistent with 4 straight albums. snoop sure as hell isn't even close in the consistency category. but at the same time i'd be a liar if i didn't say that i wouldn't give damn near anything for snoop to put out somethin equal to doggystyle. NEVER gonna happen though. snoop NEEDS dre to bring out his dopeness. yeah he's made tight shit without him, but until dre does 3/4 of the beats for a snoop album, it won't compare. peace

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2002, 12:29:16 AM »
prodigy of mobb deep 94-95

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2002, 12:39:08 AM »
AAAHHHHH SHIT!! I KNEW I FORGOT SOME ONE

prodigy used to be sooooo ill,....he still is but no where near what he used to be
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Dorado

• 'G'
  • What's Really Good!??!?!
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2002, 12:59:43 AM »
Im gonna have to go with Slick Rick!!!  He paved the way for all these rappers.  Hes was doing the flossy rhymes when thes new rappers were babies.  He paved the way for todays rappers.  But if Snoop ever did another doggystyle then fuck the west cost would be on top ONCE AGAIN!!!
Think Free.

rayza

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2002, 01:46:30 AM »
Personally I'd say a kurupt solo circa 95, he ripped it hard on dogg food and ive always wanted to see if he could do it solo, but he fell off just b4 he got the chance to do a solo. I'm sure hes got enuff unreleased material from around that period in Tha Rows vaults tho, they should look at releasing that before against the grain.

But from the rappers u've got up there id say the D.O.C.

I dont think he even got the chance to reach the peak of what he could achieve behind the mic, probably one of hip hops greatest losses.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2002, 07:01:25 AM »
Biggie, ain' no doubt about it, Ready To Die was prolly one of the top3 albumz ever.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2002, 04:24:49 PM »
I gotta go with Ice Cube...he was at his best in 90-93.  That's followed closely by D.O.C.

shlomid1

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • g-funk 4 ever!!!
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2002, 07:27:16 AM »
snoop for sure i mean doggystyle,chronic again will be so tight. also nas and biggie from  94 will be nice.
westside!!!!