Author Topic: SNOOP TACKLES COP!!  (Read 162 times)

jeromechickenbone

SNOOP TACKLES COP!!
« on: December 20, 2002, 04:19:05 PM »
found this at mtv.com-thought it was worth a read:

LONG BEACH, California — WC, on the sidelines of the inaugural Snoop Bowl, said it best: "The police is gettin' their ass whooped. Finally y'all on the other end of the stick."

Snoop Dogg, who has certainly clashed with authorities a few times over the years, settled the score on Wednesday at Long Beach City College Veteran Stadium, where his All-Stars beat the Inland Empire Police Department Enforcers 33 to 21.

And the D-O-Double-G left the game a hero, not only for organizing the event, but for scoring six of the Snoop Dogg All-Stars' points and entertaining players on both teams with his touchdown dance.

"It was a tight dance, I'll give him that," said Levi Baker, a lineman for the Enforcers.

After catching a slant in the center of the end zone, Snoop got down on his knees, put his hands behind his head as his teammates "frisked" him and then motioned as though he were being handcuffed.

"I got in the position where the police should have arrested me, 'cause I was doing too much," Snoop joked at halftime.

Although there were some monster hits and a few scuffles, the vibe at the Snoop Bowl, a fund-raiser for the Loma Linda Children's Hospital, was mostly — what else — laid-back.

"It's all out of love," said WC, the self-proclaimed Ghetto Heisman winner who performed at halftime. "All the funds are going to charity, and I'm loving it. Everybody's supporting the community. A lot of kids are out here. It's great."

Snoop got the idea for Snoop Bowl after he played against police in a celebrity basketball game early this year, he explained in the locker room as he adjusted his #5 jersey (the numbers were made from blue do-rags). He was supposed to play the Los Angeles Police Department, "but they backed out," he said. "I don't know why."

Keith Roberson, a defender for the Enforcers, said his team was glad to play in the game, despite Snoop's criminal record. "It's find of funny, kind of ironic," he said, "But you know, the brotha's trying to do something positive for the community, and we're all for that."

Snoop refused to make a big deal of his competition. "It ain't strange," he said. "They people, they athletes. ... I worked a long time to get where I'm at right now. I'm at a status where I'm comfortable with myself and I'm able to do things like this, you know, interact with police, interact with kids, interact with people in general, show people that I'm a people person. I'm just trying to have fun. Snoop Dogg is an entertainer."

Still, that Snoop was able to organize a fund-raiser with the authorities definitely made a statement, punctuated by the fact that Rodney King came to support the event.

"It shows wanting a solution and being part of a community in a positive way," King said. "It's real good for Snoop to put this together, and I give the police a thumbs up for playing. This is a big piece of history in a real way. Only in America can you match up something like this."

While some members of the Enforcers claimed the Snoop Dogg All-Stars included Arena Football League players and the rapper's bodyguards ("If they're his bodyguards out there, they ain't protecting much," one joked), Snoop insisted they were his "homies."

"A lot of these people I played football with as kids," Snoop said. "I'm normally a quarterback, but the quarterback that my homeboy brought out here was so tight, I said let me go to wide receiver, I can't even get with him."

Indeed, the All-Stars' quarterback was impressive, threading the needle for several touchdowns. The defense also held strong, holding the Enforcers to seven points in the first half and causing several turnovers, including an interception returned more than 50 yards for a score.

Snoop, who will also be distributing toys and food to children's hospitals "to end the year off on a good note," was visibly energized after leaving the field, despite taking a few shoulder pads during the game.

"He'll be hurting tomorrow," joked the Enforcers' Baker of the hit Snoop received after his touchdown. "Motrin will wear off."

"It was nothing," Snoop said, shrugging it off. "Did I jump up?"

Yes, yes he did.

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:SNOOP TACKLES COP!!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2002, 11:51:38 PM »
That's tight. I wonder what Police Department they played.. I dont think there is an "Inland Empire Police Department"... maybe they played San Bernardino Police.. I know they didn't play Rialto or Riverside.. cuz them muthafuckers dont play. I wish I could have been in that game.. fucked a couple of them local cops up myself. That's cool though.

Loma Linda Hospital.. that's where my Grandpa was at.. not tha Children's one though LOL. That's a big ass hospital ..

If I would have known they were having the game I would have tried to go... WC, Snoop Dogg.. that would have been cool.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2002, 12:02:16 AM »
Snoop refused to make a big deal of his competition. "It ain't strange," he said. "They people, they athletes. ... I worked a long time to get where I'm at right now. I'm at a status where I'm comfortable with myself and I'm able to do things like this, you know, interact with police, interact with kids, interact with people in general, show people that I'm a people person. I'm just trying to have fun. Snoop Dogg is an entertainer."

That's why he's gonna go down as the greatest rapper of all time when it's all said and done.  Peace~

Kaidy

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2002, 02:35:36 AM »
yea thats a tight story. Nice to see something positive like that, bringing the community together. Much love to Snoop for that.

Snoop_da_BOSS

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2002, 06:07:41 AM »
sounds like fun... cause Snoop iz FUN!!! Chuuch!!!