Author Topic: Krizz Kaliko Interview  (Read 69 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Krizz Kaliko Interview
« on: September 23, 2010, 02:33:44 AM »
http://www.illuminati2g.com/krizzkalikointerview.htm

I2G kicked it with the always moving, Krizz Kaliko for a interview. We discuss his new album, Shock Treatment, his thoughts on Lil Wayne wanting to work with Tech N9Ne, a day in the life of Strange Music and much more so check it out.

Illuminati 2G is here with Krizz Kaliko, how's it going man?

Chillin man, what's happening bro?

Not too much. You just released your new album, Shock Treatment. Tell me a little bit about the album.

The album is teriffic. You know we pride ourselves on making entire albums, entire cds that you can listen to from front to back. With me, I am always experimenting with rap, pop, rock, r&b, raegee. I really did not do too much raegee on this album, but yeah I always try different styles so this album really kicks you in the face. That is why I call it Shock Treatment because everything that we do has to have shock value.

The album cover is crazy, it has to grab your attention. Even the billboards that we have up, the music, the stage show, everything has to have crazy shock value and that is why I named it that.

You also produce as well as being a artist. What drives you when you create a song? What is your creative process?

There are several different ways that I do it. Sometimes if I get a beat, the beat will just tell me what to say. I just wrote 3 hooks for Tech's new album, that comes out next year. I just wrote 3 hooks for it last night and as soon as he turned the beat on, I started writing to it. He was like damn why didn't I get that kind of hook when I was listening to it? For me for some reason the beat just talks to me and it tells me what to do.

Well I can't give it away, (laughs) but one of the songs on my album entitled Hardcore. When I heard the beat, it made me want to say "I'm the definition of hardcore". Another way is that I just hear a beat in my head, I hear the drums, bass, guitar, anything. I just hear it and I will tell the producer, hey play the drums like this, do the bassline like this.

It comes naturally to me because I have been a music lover all my life. There are several different ways that I approach writing a song, sometimes the concept drives me. Someone could play me a beat and say I want the concept of this to be leave me alone.

What is a typical day in the life at Strange Music?

Well for me, a day in the life of Krizz Kaliko is I wake up in the morning, take my son to school, immediately go work out, go to the studio. Stay there, come home and try to spend some time with my family, then go back in the studio and normally stay till 2 in the morning, come home, go to sleep and do it again. Once we finish a album, the next day we go on tour for 2 months and soon as I finish a tour, we are back in the studio recording another album.

There is never a time where we are sitting down. That is why we all take cruises in the winter time to press reset for us. We are always busy and if I had to describe it in one phrase I would say constantly working, constantly hustling. I don't think people really understand the magnitude of which we work. People think it is so glorified to be a rapper and to tour like that but it is really a job.

Do you have any more upcoming singles or videos set to drop from Shock Treatment?

I have the Elevator joint that is out right now and it has right now collectively about 3 million views. I have not chosen my second single because I make a album full of singles and hardcore music man. I have not decided which one I really want to be my next single yet. But we shall figure it out, might be Get Around or Skally Wag or All Gas No Breaks. Not sure man, because we can go so many different ways and alot of the hip hop and R&B channels want me to do Stripper Dance.

Just recently Lil Wayne was interviewed in prison and he said one of the artists that he would like to work with is Tech N9Ne. What were your thoughts when you heard him say that?

Man I was stoked man. Lil Wayne is big right now, and for him to say that off the bat for as many people he could have mentioned that he would want to work with, that was crazy. I was excited about it because usually if you are working with Tech N9Ne, you are also working with Krizz Kaliko. I know some of our core fans are anti mainstream, but the thing about us is we are not so much pro mainstream as we are pro getting our music to the world.

Getting on a song with Lil Wayne will get us more fans and get us out there even more to the world. I know alot of our fans want to keep us to themselves, but wouldn't you want other people to know about us? Wouldn't you want to be the person to say to someone else, hey Tech N9Ne got a song with Lil Wayne, these dudes here are tight.

That is what Lil Wayne is telling his fans, this is him saying I think Tech is dope, you guys may not have heard of him, check this out, I am going to do a song with him. That excites me because that means we will be getting our music out to even more people.

Absolutely. What is your website information for people looking to check out your music and see what you have going on?

www.krizzkaliko.com. Or you can go to www.therealtechn9ne.com and there is a link to my website. www.myspace.com/bigkrizzkaliko, www.facebook.com/krizzkaliko. www.twitter.com/krizzkaliko. It's simple, Kali Baby!

Alright I know you are a busy man and I don't want to take up anymore of your time. Is there any last words or shoutouts before I let you go?

You got to get Shock Treatment. If you don't have Vitiligo or Genius, pick those up as well. Genius was the number 3 album on Billboard when it debuted. I don't know where this one is at, but we will find out after the first week. We are linked with Guvera, who is a company that gives free downloads to people. So if you have not bought the album, you can always go to www.guvera.com and get a free copy of it.

I know it is crazy to hear a artist say this and advocate it but this is the real deal. We still get paid from them even though you are downloading it for free. Go check that out and I am out, Kali Baby!!!

Appreciate your time and the interview.

Alright bro, peace.