Author Topic: Who owns Nate Doggs catalogue?  (Read 632 times)

TidyKris

Re: Who owns Nate Doggs catalogue?
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2016, 08:39:54 AM »
i own a few nate cds but not nearly all of them

A few is basically all of them anyway.  Once you've got the Death Row Records pressing of G-Funk Classics Vol 1 (the only version to get in my opinion), then all you need to complete the collection is The Prodigal Son and then his Music And Me album.
And his self-titled album was never released so you can only find that online.

yeah all in all Nate only released two albums,

to me the three releases worth having are 1) the Death Row pressing of G-Funk Classics Vol.1 2) the double Cd G-Funk Classics Vol.1&2 and Music & Me.

The other releases were sloppy and there were changes in the tracklist. If I'm not mistaken, the solo release of Ghetto Preacher contains Nobody Does It Better instead of Hardest Man in Town as the first track, and on Prodigal Son, Hardest Man in Town is the 12th track instead of Nobody Does it Better, they basically swapped the two songs on the separate releases for reasons unknown.

Yeah ive got Ghetto Preacher and it starts with "Nobody Does It Better" and "Hardest Man In Town" is track 2

Blood$

Re: Who owns Nate Doggs catalogue?
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2016, 08:47:35 AM »
I now have Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 on separate discs but they are 2010 repressings, any changes made to those different than the OG pressing?

I've never seen it in stores anyway so I'm not tripping on it not being OG, at least I have a hard copy now  8)