Author Topic: Was 2pac leaving Death Row????  (Read 798 times)

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Was 2pac leaving Death Row????
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2010, 01:42:02 PM »
One thing that's strange to me is why the deathrow member whoms chain was jacked outside the Foot Locker, told Pac that this guy in the MGM was the one who did that when you're with MOB Piru members with a greater physic who could really go down on that dude.

I don't think he was there.  Suge recognized him.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

2euce 7even

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2010, 04:26:51 AM »
Anyone who doubts it can listen to As The World Turns (Original Version).
what he say in it?

who was goin 2 be in "ghetto starz"?

what does "pac wanted to take all his masters and go" but they didnt let him?i thought suge and pac were homies so pac could talk with suge and he could do whatever he want.. or did some1 have greater power at tha row than suge himself?

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2010, 04:25:42 PM »
Anyone who doubts it can listen to As The World Turns (Original Version).
what he say in it?

who was goin 2 be in "ghetto starz"?

what does "pac wanted to take all his masters and go" but they didnt let him?i thought suge and pac were homies so pac could talk with suge and he could do whatever he want.. or did some1 have greater power at tha row than suge himself?

Listen to it, he basically says Death Row birthed Makaveli Records. 2Pac was loyal to Suge Knight, and not sure who all it was. 2Pac could do whatever he wanted, and his masters were his to take and he could've easily got them. No where in 2Pac's contract did it state Suge had the right to keep them, so 2Pac could've easily just sued for them if there was really an issue like Nate Dogg did. Death Row was major before 2Pac, and 2Pac didn't make Death Row but his death pretty much ended it.

wardy

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2010, 02:40:21 AM »
The only person who can shed any truth on this is dead, the rumour/story has been doing the run of the net for years and not 1 person can claim to know 100% than Pac.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2010, 02:49:14 AM »
i've heard that he wanted to sign with aftermath

dnjp4life

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 04:13:19 AM »
I suppose no one will ever know for sure.  All I know is that he was about to establish Death Row East before his passing and I'm sure everyone has seen that interview in NY a few days before his death, and he seemed pretty loyal and keen to get it on and cracking.

But on the other hand he did fulfill his 3 album contractual obligations with the company and wasn't there a rumour that he wasn't paid any of his royalites as well?  Plus it appeared he was getting deeper into acting rather than music so he most likely would have left DR to do other ventures pre-2000 anyway.

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2010, 06:11:40 AM »
Pac couldn't have left with those masters as they were recorded with Death Row money by him as a Death Row artist.

The maximum that could have happened if he left DR (ala Dre) was that they couldn't use his vocals but the beats/concepts would be fair game for cannibalism by other convicts.

Rather than wild speculation take it straight from the Goat's mouth

Quote from: Tubesock Shakur
I see myself having a job on Death Row...being the A&R person and an artist that drop an album like Paul McCartney every five years. Not that I'm like Paul McCartney but there's no rapper who ever did it so that's why I use him as an example... But I wanna do it at leisure. My music will mean something and I'll drop deeper shit. I'll have my own production company which I'm close to right now...I'm doing my own movies. I have my own restaurant...which I got right now with Allanis or Suge or Snoop. I just wanna expand. I'm starting to put out some calendars for charity. I'm gonna start a little youth league in California so we can start playing some east coast teams..some southern teams ...I wanna have like a Pop Warner League except the rappers fund it and they're the head coaches. Have a league where you can get a big trophy with diamonds in it for a nigguh to stay drug free and stay in school. That's the only way you can be on the team. We'll have fun and eat pizza and have the finest girls there and throw concerts at the end of the year. That's what I mean by giving back.