Author Topic: help ! Car Audio system...i don't know what to get  (Read 143 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
help ! Car Audio system...i don't know what to get
« on: December 19, 2002, 11:28:46 PM »
aright with my christmas money and my spare money from work , the first project i'm going to do with my car is put a top of the line system in it

i'm not going to buy everything at once but i want a rough draft of what to get

i WAS going to hot rod my car out but i was like newer cars are more for show than for that, so now it's gradually going to become a show car

it's 1996 Ford Mustang GT
it HAD a Mach 460 sound system but the original owner took out the original cd player and put in one that skips even over the lightest bumps (we this guy/girl) did this is anyone's guess , took out he 2 bottom speakers on the floor by your feet, and the ones in the window(opposite of the rear view mirrors) are blown out. the four speakers in the back work fine but i want to upgrade them.  also i want to take my whole backseat out and put a grip of subs/speakers and stuff back there but i don't know if its possible since it's a convertable.

anyways what i want to know is .....can someone recomend me some top of the line brands, give me some ideas what to do /how to customise it, and all that

just any info is great i wanna make this the works cuz it's always been a dream for me to customise my first nice car

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re:help ! Car Audio system...i don't know what to get
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2002, 12:49:06 AM »
it'd be tight too if some of y'all could post some pics of cars with tight systems in them as well for ideas (preferably 94-2002 mustangs because of the same interior)

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2002, 02:14:39 PM »
my system aint top of the line but mine is worth bout 1200$ as it is....But im the person to see on this shit ..My homie owns a detailing,System installation and all that pimpin shit garage..If you want top of the line your talkin about Eclipse Audio and MA Audio shit like that..A nice pair of Eclipse Titaniums probably would run you about 1000$..MA Audio comp subs run the same..This is Top of the line....Or you could get Kicker Solo Baracs which are square and hold lots of power..They usually run 300$ a piece..Next is an Amp..You want to hook yourself up with a nice amp with a digital setup Around 2000 Watts for the 2 subs.Make sure your subs can handle that power.Get your self a small 200 watt amp or so to power your 3-Way Treble Speakers.Run it all seperatly.You want to get some good RCA plugs and Monster cables and gold splitters to get the finest quality sound.Next is the deck...You might want to get a Pioneer or Eclipse deck..Any midgrade deck will due if it has multiple sub outputs...next is soundproofing...You may want to get stuff to stop the rattling.Dynomats can drastically improve the quality of sound...A Capacitor is a cell that keeps power so your lights dont dim at night...UMMMM thats pretty much it.You will win some trophys at a competition with the system i just explained..LOL

Suga Foot

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2002, 02:40:04 PM »
It's all about how much money you wanna spend.  For example, you can get a MTX Thunder 3000 Sub Woofer for about $200.00, wich will sound okay, but then you could also get something like a Top Of The Line SoundStream sub for up to $3000.00.  How much you wanna spend?

Suga Foot

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2002, 02:42:36 PM »
my system aint top of the line but mine is worth bout 1200$ as it is....But im the person to see on this shit ..My homie owns a detailing,System installation and all that pimpin shit garage..If you want top of the line your talkin about Eclipse Audio and MA Audio shit like that..A nice pair of Eclipse Titaniums probably would run you about 1000$..MA Audio comp subs run the same..This is Top of the line....Or you could get Kicker Solo Baracs which are square and hold lots of power..They usually run 300$ a piece..Next is an Amp..You want to hook yourself up with a nice amp with a digital setup Around 2000 Watts for the 2 subs.Make sure your subs can handle that power.Get your self a small 200 watt amp or so to power your 3-Way Treble Speakers.Run it all seperatly.You want to get some good RCA plugs and Monster cables and gold splitters to get the finest quality sound.Next is the deck...You might want to get a Pioneer or Eclipse deck..Any midgrade deck will due if it has multiple sub outputs...next is soundproofing...You may want to get stuff to stop the rattling.Dynomats can drastically improve the quality of sound...A Capacitor is a cell that keeps power so your lights dont dim at night...UMMMM thats pretty much it.You will win some trophys at a competition with the system i just explained..LOL

Dude knows what he's sayin.  most people skimp out on the amp's or they'll by thin wire thinkin it won't matter.  But it really does matter.  Trust me, my last car lit on fire because my wire melted.  

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2002, 03:13:46 PM »

damn thanks homie i'm going to look into all of that

Instant_Killa

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2002, 05:40:50 PM »
how about bose? They are one of the worl'd best.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2002, 10:15:18 PM »
how about bose? They are one of the worl'd best.

i think they only make home entertainment systems , i'm not sure

can any one post some pics of the equipment Craig talked about or some cars with that equipment in it, also where do you take something like that to get installed? The Good Guys or circut city or somethig?

Suga Foot

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2002, 11:15:48 PM »
Nah there's cars that come stock with Bose soundsystems, nothing spectacular tho.

Here's some webpages to check out

http://www.phoenixgold.com/

http://www.soundstream.com/main.html

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/2002home/

http://www.eclipse-web.com/

Suga Foot

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2002, 11:17:35 PM »
you can usually get everything installed wherever you buy it.  Another thing to do is go to a body shop and ask them where a good place to go is.  Or when you see a dood with a nice system in his car ask him some questions about it.  

truemaster

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • EL Mas Chingon!!!!
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2002, 03:22:49 PM »
Go with THE PUNCH, Rockford Fosgate is OG and still the best when it comes to this shit!!!

"But If You Say Cali Aint Shit, You probably Visited The Valley Little Bitch!"

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2002, 10:46:11 AM »
i'm going to Translex on Niles today or tommorow to go look at some Rockford Fosgate stuff (i been hearing nothing but good about this brand) and get an estimation of all the gear i need and the cost of installation..i'll update later