Author Topic: Nas & Jigga (once again)  (Read 365 times)

jeromechickenbone

Nas & Jigga (once again)
« on: December 20, 2002, 01:09:46 AM »
it seems like right around this time last year everybody was discussin whether blueprint or stillmatic was better. i havent seen anybody debate blueprint 2 and god's son. (maybe i missed it) but i think its nas hands down. what yall think?

=[Euthanasia]=

Re:Nas & Jigga (once again)
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2002, 04:42:25 AM »
We did have a few threads about this back when BP2 was released and GS had leaked, I didn't say anything though 'cos I hadn't properly heard BP2 and I wanted to wait until GS dropped to hear it. But, now I can officially say I prefer GS, no doubt about it, but I gotta say they are so different that it's no point in comparing them, we can do the Nas Vs. Jay thing all day but their music is very different I feel.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2002, 04:46:17 AM »
lol, ;D I was hoping this was a good thing, u know, the fact people ain' acting like lil stupid kiddz beefen' over who killed whom this time, but as far as which album is more solid goes, I'd have to go with NAS this time around, Blueprint2 is solid and dope, but God's Son simply has Minimal filler. Btw, I'd like to congredulate NAS for stepin up his game to the point he can be compared to Jay, I guess, it's his own "Lost Tapes" that tought him more about conceptual focus and proper structuring of his lyricz.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2002, 09:44:27 AM »
God's Son is easily better than Blueprint 2.  BP2 is so watered down and has too many bubble gum tracks for my liking ("Fuck All Night", "Bonnie & Clyde"...).  At first the only problem I had with GS was "Zone Out" and the hook to "Hey Nas" but "Zone Out" has actually grown on me a bit.  I still think it should have been left off.  The hook to "Hey Nas" is still ass.  Jigga had sales in his mind too much and Nas was just thinking of making a dope hip-hop album.

Jome

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2002, 07:20:13 PM »
They're pretty equal if you ask me.
God Son as a unit beats both the Blueprint2-discs, but if there was only one Blueprint-disc, and the filler was taken off, then it would have been Blueprint2, IMO.
This would easily have beaten God Son:

1 A Dream
2 The Watcher 2
3 Excuse Me Miss
4 All Around the World
5 Poppin' Tags
6 The Bounce
7 U Don't Know (Remix) feat. M.O.P.
8 Guns & Roses feat. Lenny Kravitz
9 Some People Hate
10 I Did it My Way
11 2 Many Hoes
12 Diamonds is Forever
13 Blueprint 2
*14 Bitches & Sisters * Bonus
*15 Show You How * Bonus

To me, this easily better than God Son joint by joint...

EM28

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2002, 02:29:46 PM »
god's son is better than blueprint 2

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2002, 07:36:46 PM »
God's Son is easily better than Blueprint 2.  BP2 is so watered down and has too many bubble gum tracks for my liking ("Fuck All Night", "Bonnie & Clyde"...).  At first the only problem I had with GS was "Zone Out" and the hook to "Hey Nas" but "Zone Out" has actually grown on me a bit.  I still think it should have been left off.  The hook to "Hey Nas" is still ass.  Jigga had sales in his mind too much and Nas was just thinking of making a dope hip-hop album.

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

Dorado

• 'G'
  • What's Really Good!??!?!
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2002, 05:02:46 PM »
gods son was better then BP2. like one of the homies said befor they are too different to even be compared.  Jay streched himself to fit different types of music.  But GS was grimey album he took it back to the streets with GS. so i would give it to Gods Son
Think Free.

Pillow

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2002, 11:24:14 AM »
J-Z sucks! how can u mention stillmatic and tha blueprint in tha same sentence? tha blueprint doesnt even come close to stillmatic at all. thats like comparing will smith to 2 pac.....

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2002, 09:02:24 PM »
well i think its a fair comparison seeing as how everyones always debating whos the king of NY. i like the production on blueprint, but BP2 i'm not feelin at all. but its definetly true that nas is bringin back that grimey, and jay is bringin commercial. like i said, nas hands down. peace

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2002, 11:54:23 AM »
nas is bringin back that grimey, and jay is bringin commercial.

ahh...And u are an intelegent, open-minded listener...

U see, if it's typed still don't mean it ain't B.S.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2002, 10:24:55 AM »
so you think nas is making more commercial tracks than jay?
dont just make statements, back them up homie.

PS-isn't it funny when someone says you're not intelligent, but yet they can't spell intelligent?

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2002, 11:47:20 PM »
lol, Well, as long as we're staying ON topic(and not talking bout my typing skillz), sayin' u like NAS better cause he's supposebly not, as u call it- comersial as JAY is doing exactly what u said at the end of your last post:

"dont just make statements, back them up homie."

Since the defenition of comersial is very blured, some would say it's "something that sells massively" others would say it's "something that is created for the simple reason- TO SELL WELL">"creating something that is made to please a certain type of audience" , whatever is the case, your statement is irelevant, since NAS has been doing all of the above mentioned, one way or another, many times it even caused him to loose much of his lyrical capacity(I suppose u would eat up anythang he brings to the table, but it's simply a fact u may not recognize), so to me it seems like you'z just hating, since whatever JAY's numbers are, he always remains overall a lyrical master. Rarely conceptual focus suffers in JAY's shit like it does in NAS's, Rarely does JAY need to feat his music under his decreasing lyrical skillz like NAS was doing for so long...

p.s Sorry I type real fast, ;)

« Last Edit: December 27, 2002, 11:47:44 PM by I TO DA GEEZY »

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2002, 11:59:31 AM »
well you said i wasn't intelligent, while you misspelled the word intelligent. i just thought it was funny. it was just a joke dude. and i never said that i liked nas better because of the commercial vs. non commercial thing. if by commercial you mean appealing to a large group of people than nas is absolutly commercial. maybe i picked the wrong word. i just meant that as of right now, nas has been picking singles that most other rappers (including jay) wouldn't choose as singles. i feel like nas (with his last 2 albums) is going back to straight hip-hop. and don't say i don't like jay, or say that i'm a hater. where the fuck did you get that? i loved blueprint. i just think BP2 was a far cry from that album. i think he's puttin out poppy type of stuff right now. songs with beyonce, an album with R. Kelly. believe me, nas has had his weak moments. he went through a phase where stuff he was puttin out was garbage. but i think comparing his last 2 albums to jays last 2, nas is trying to really get back to straight hip-hop, and jay is compromising his talent to try crossing over. as far as jay being a lyrical master well, i wouldn't go that far. but thats just me. you got your opinion and i respect it.