Author Topic: Snoop Dogg interview (AHH.com)  (Read 132 times)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Snoop Dogg interview (AHH.com)
« on: December 20, 2002, 08:33:21 AM »
Snoop Dogg: Da Boss Pt 1:
By Jigsaw

AllHipHop.com: Alright, Snoop, what’s the deal with the album?

Snoop Dogg: Big Snoop Dogg, Paid Da Cost To Be Da Boss. Taken from James Brown back in the days, cause I feel like I’m the boss of the industry right now. I’m the Boss. I’m checking all you sucka’s that deserve to be checked and I ain’t dealing with no more underbosses. It’s gonna be real official like a referee with a whistle. Better yet, like a gangsta with a pistol, so be on the lookout for Big Snoop Dogg.

AHH: Who is on it and what’s the word?

SD: Yeah, well the first single out now is produced by The Neptunes, called “From The Chuuch To The Palace.” I got production from Hi-Tek, Premiere, BattleCat, E-Swift, its going down jack, you can believe that. I got a couple of new producers, my crew. I’m just doing the most from the coast.

AHH: On BET, you said that you and Jay-Z might do a collaboration album. Is that true?

SD: I think that would be good. I know it would be good. Cause you got the best of both worlds right there. No disrespect to him and R-Kelly, cause I love R-Kelly for what he do, but if you really want the best of both worlds, put Snoop Dogg and Jay-Z in the studio to put together a record and watch what you get.

AHH: Lately, you’ve used a lot of East Coast production.

SD: Well, what made me incorporate so much East Coast production was that I’m a fan of East Coast production. I’m a fan of good music. The cats that I choose, they came to the table with hot tracks. I got an ear for good music. And to make my records, you got to be standing out. And these tracks are real hot to me. And I think people respect my judgment on music being that I’ve been in the game for 10 years now and I haven’t let anybody down yet. And I’m gonna keep on doing it. So all you cats on the East Coast that looked out for me, I appreciate that. Special Ed-good looking. I had to go back and get him. He’s one of the G’s from Brooklyn, no disrespect to the people from Brooklyn, but nobody put him in the game since he’s been out of the game. So I felt like it was my job to put him back in the game. Since I grew up loving him and wanting to be like him, so giving him a shot was a good thing.

AHH: That was like one of the 1st things we did when we heard the misinformation that he was signed to your label. We went and interviewed him, and it was good press for him all across the board.

SD: Yeah, he wasn’t going to sign with me. He got his own label situation. But by me giving him that shot, it put him back where he needed to me because he did a lot for the game back in the days. If he touched me back in Long Beach, CA, imagine how many kids he touched all around the whole world. And I’m one to always give credit where credit is due. I’m not an egotistical motherfucker that’ll be like…”well, I did it…I-I-I….” There were people before me that inspired me and he was one of them. So I went and asked him to spit 16 and he did that on “Don’t Make a Wrong Move” on the new album that’s out right now.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Snoop Dogg interview (AHH.com)
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2002, 08:34:01 AM »
AHH: Talk about some of the old Death Row alumni artist that you bought back to on the All Stars project you dropped in the summer. Are they signed to your label or are they just featured?

SD: Daz is signed, Lady Rage is signed, RBX is in the process of signing. That’s what is all about. In the beginning, I actually brought most of them anyway. So for them to get back with me is cool. You know, God put people together for a certain reason. And we was always meant to be together, and I’m so glad that we’re all back together, and you gonna see us continue where we left off.

AHH: How does that feel? What are they feeling right now?

SD: They actually really want to back on the road go out on tour right now. To do some of those old Death Row days that we never had a chance to perform live on stage. But my thing is- lets go brand new. And we’ll have those classic records when we need to fall back and do some classic records on stage. So it’s a good thing for me to be able to put people in the game who I walked in the game with. Cause a lot of other labels thought that they fell off anyway, but now they know…ain’t nobody fell off.

AHH: [Laughing] Your clothing line his some hot new designs out.

SD: Snoop Dogg Clothing, its in stores now, we just trying to rebuild the marketing and promotion. We got a whole new supporting cast and um, its going to be everywhere…We just trying to keep it fly, cause its hard to compete with all these clothing lines that are really off the hook and fly and sharp. So I wanted to do the same thing the represented me to the fullest.

AHH: Can you talk about the Snoop DeVille, is that still happeneing?

SD: What’s happening with that is I actually had the original one made and it was out the there to create a buzz to create the deal with Cadillac. And I gave one away about a week ago for this record that I put out. Just trying to make a buzz to make Cadillac say, “Snoop we gonna press up about 200 or 300 of them”. It’s a fly car, it’s sharp. Diamond in the back, sunroof top, bold tires, mink on the seats, DVD player, hell of a sound system. So you know, I just want to bring some old school flava top the table and make it look brand new.

AHH: As an actor, you’ve been able to get a good quality of different roles, and you haven’t really been pigeoned into anything. Is that something you did consciously or it just kinda happened like that?

SD: Well, I’m in control of my whole career. Every since I left Death Row Records, I’ve been in control of my whole career. Ever move that’s made, believe you me, I make the final decision on it. So if it’s a good role, I took my time and picked it and said this is what I wanted to do. Or it was just presented to me by a friend of mine who know that I could do that. That’s what it’s all about, trying to better yourself and position yourself to be here for a minute.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2002, 08:35:03 AM »
Snoop Dogg: Da Boss Pt 2:
By Jigsaw

AHH: Let’s talk about some of the issues. We last talked when “Pimp Slap” dropped….

SD: Yeah! What you think of it?

AHH: Well, I’ll put it to you like this. I think a lot of things. I think that it’s something that a lot of people want to say but don’t say.

SD: A lot of nigga’s should have said it. F*ck ‘em. But I’m going to say it for them.
[Rapping “Pimp Slap”]
Hop it, stop it, rewind it and play it for them.
This nigga’s a bitch like his wife.
Suge Knight’s a bitch and that’s on my life.
And I’m a let the whole world see
That you f*cked up the industry, and that’s on me.
We can go head up nigga, set it up
Or we can do the other thang, I love to wet it up
And rappers, artist, tell him to shut it up
Cause I’ll f*ck every last one of them up
Especially Kurupt, see that’s my lil homeboy
He know what’s up
You better keep it Crippin
Cause these niggas trippin
This is official business
Do the same thing, leave no witnesses
No More-

AHH: Can’t talk about it no more?

SD: I say what I say, because I mean what I say. And I felt that he deserved to be checked, because he’s been a bully in the game for a long time. And a lot of people are scared of him and they shouldn’t be, because he’s regular just like you and me. He breathes air like you do and he bleeds like you do. A lot of shit that he did that people didn’t see, like put my home on the “Death Row Uncut” videotape. Giving specific address to my home, like he was insuinating he wanted motherf**kers to do sh*t to me. To come to my house where my kids and my wife live. He sent a lot of niggas after me to cut my hair like a bitch. Like, “…cut Snoop hair, and I’ll buy you a Benz…” He sent nigga’s to come try to whop on me, slap me and do this and that. But my thing was this, how you going to do something to the nigga that made you all that money? You eating cause of me. If it wasn’t for me, Mr. Knight, you wouldn’t have what you have. When Dr. Dre left, I kept you alive. When Tupac died, I kept you alive. I was the soul over there on Death Row Records. All bullsh*t to the left. Even when Pac came, I stepped to the left to let Pac make room to make his album. I could have hotdogged the situation and been like, nawl, we don’t need Pac. But Pac was my nigga. He wasn’t your nigga. He became your friend and got killed.

AHH: I was talking to this real cat from Cali about you, and we were like, scared for you…

SD: For what?? Come on man…..

AHH: Like we don’t want to repeat [Biggie & Pac’s death]…..

SD: See what you got to understand about me, is I got God in my life. And that ain’t saying that Pac, Biggie and all the rest of them that got killed didn’t have God in their lives, but I know and understand how I do it and why I do it. And anytime you can test a giant, you have to be a giant of your own. I felt like if I didn’t bring this to Mr. Knight, he would have continued on and continued on. And the game would have got thinner and thinner and it would be any money. And everybody would have been back in the corner and they would have been scared. Now the whole world knows he’s a human, so hopefully all the cats that was scared of him and that really got problems with him, they won’t be afraid to address him and let him know, look here man, you not gonna get nothing from me. What I really didn’t like was how he went and said Jermaine [Dupri] owes him $50 million for Lil’ Bow Wow. Lil’ Bow Wow wasn’t never signed to Death Row Records. He was my protégée. I’m Big Bow Wow, he was Lil’ Bow Wow. So when I gave Lil Bow Wow to JD, it’s because I didn’t want him brought up in the wrong jurisdiction, in the wrong environment. He was a kid. He did not need to be brought up around all that gang-banging, all that weed all that drinking, all that negative shit. Me giving him to JD was giving him a chance to live and his mamma loves me and appreciates me to this day. Tupac mamma loves me to this day because she realizes that the decisions I made, she wish her son would have made. To be your own individual. If Biggie and them set you up or whatever, deal with it. Don’t talk about it because you making yourself look bad. But I can’t speak on a nigga that ain’t here. Pac was my nigga when he was here. I loved him to death. Was there on the side of his bed the day he died. So, I fault Suge Knight for a lot of sh*t that went wrong. And its just time for the Pied Piper to be dealt with. And I’m the man to deal with it. I’m not asking for no help. I’m not going around telling 100 rappers “Hey man, yall come help me jump on this nigga”. I’m dealing with him by myself. And I’m a little nigga, I weight 170-something lbs. He weight about 300 lbs, and I’m ready to go where ever he want to go.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2002, 08:35:53 AM »
AHH: A lot of people are leaning towards Suge. Helping him out.

SD: They not bringing him back, actually they killing themselves. Cause if you notice, everything that f*cks with him dies, dead or is through. It’s real. The people that shook him, Dre, me, we living. Enjoying life. We went and made families, new record establishment, created new sounds. We having fun and we working with artist that we want to work with. When we was on Death Row, we couldn’t work with nobody. We had chains on our hands, we couldn’t speak our minds. And when I did speak my mind on the radio on Hot 97 with Angie Martinez, the week before Pac got killed; they asked me how did I feel about Biggie and Pac. I told them I love Biggie and I love Pac. I’m not going to get involved in that sh*t. That’s their beef. But at the same time, if I see my little brother get beat on in the streets, I’m going to help him. But my little brother was beating on somebody on the streets, so why should I help him. That don’t make me right. And that’s why people in NY love me to this day. That’s why the industry loves me. Cause I was a real nigga in that situation. I didn’t just get tough and say I’m not with it. I said that back then when they was both alive and on the streets. I stayed who I am, my momma raised me like this. Not to be afraid of any man. So I refused to be afraid of these issues that me and this man got to handle. So it’s on him to make the next move. And however he want to do it, if he want to try to set some gunplay at me; believe you me - he ain’t the only nigga with a gun.

AHH: I once read that you thought he had something to do with Biggie’s death…

SD: I know he did. He was jealous. He was jealous that Pac was dead and Biggie was still doing his thing. Being a respectable MC. He never said nothing about Pac when he was alive. Even after Pac dissed him, he let it slide. He took all them blows to the chin and he just couldn’t accept that. Look at that investigation from the dude [Russell Poole]. He had it all mapped out where they found the car, they connected him to him…and I ain’t snitching, I’m just telling it like it is….

AHH: Naw, it’s out there…

SD: And real nigga’s from Brooklyn, real nigga’s from NY should feel the same motherf*cking way I feel…F*CK SUGE KNIGHT!! Cause he took y’all nigga’s genius and giant away from y’all. Real sh*t. In one way or another. Whether it was direct or indirect, he got y’all giant up outta here. And that’s fucked up! That’s REAL f*cked up! But God gonna deal with him at the end of the day. That’s what it all boils down to. And I’m not God. I’m just a child of God. So I’m going to speak his word and do what I feel is right and represent the man upstairs. And right now, God say when you find the devil, you supposed to slay him on the spot, and the nigga’s the devil.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2002, 08:39:43 AM »
Dunno if it's new, but the link to this was posted on Doggystylerecords.com on the 18th...

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2002, 08:42:45 AM »
yea its kinda old. thanks anyway
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

funkstylz

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2002, 09:39:48 AM »
nice interview i ain't seen that yet,  damn snoop sounds like he's gonna be like mase and start preachin