Author Topic: Vado Interview  (Read 82 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Vado Interview
« on: October 11, 2010, 03:58:16 PM »
http://www.illuminati2g.com/vadointerview.htm

I2G chilled with Vado for a exclusive interview. The Dipset affiliate talks about his new mixtape, Slime Flu, dropping on October 12th, his experience working with Cam'ron and the Diplomats and much more so check it out.

Illuminati 2G is here with Vado, how's it going man?

What's going on?

Not too much. You have your new album, Slime Flu, dropping on October 12th. Tell me about the album.

Yeah, it is sick wit it. The album is really a type of album that gets you through day to day. It's definitely a real album, it's hard feeling, it got the streets, but at the same time it crosses over. It has some joints that you can groove to. It is a very well rounded album. Story telling, club bangers, street anthems.

You have built a buzz for yourself on the mixtape scene, how would you say your approach is different now in working with E1 as opposed to the mixtape scene?

I approach it the same, I just work. Slime Flu is a mixtape, not a album, I repeat that. I just grind, instead of stressing one song, I do 10. I just keep working and I pick out the hottest tracks. I can't give you 10 street anthems or 10 storytelling or 10 club bangers. I am going to give the people 2 or 3 from each.

You have been a longtime collaborator with Cam'ron. What are some good memories you have working with him and what it is like working with him in the studio?

It is like Kobe practicing with Jordan. Someone that you would work with that you admire and aspire to be, as far as your rhymes and what you talk. Me, I come from the same neighborhood that he grew up in, and at that time he was already looked at like the godfather and I already looked at him as the big homie. When I finally got to work with him, it was a blessing and I was hyped and ready to get it in. No homo.

You guys have your duo album, Gunz N Butta. Do you have a release date set for that album yet?

Not sure on the date, but I know it is definitely in November.

What are your thoughts on the hip hop scene in Harlem? It has a rich history in hip hop and now there are alot of up and coming acts making there mark as well.

It's the best thing, it is a new era. It is a good look and in other words, we don't fall to far from the tree. Meaning Cam, Mase, Big L, Rob Base, Teddy Riley, Keith Sweat, they all paved the way. We all trying to do the same as well, new versions of the same music I should say.

There was a picture that leaked out on the internet about a week ago of the Diplomats in the studio with Dr. Dre. What did you think of that and have you heard any tracks from the album?

Classic, Classic. And me being a part of that group, I might end up being on 2 or 3 tracks. That makes it even better.

When it is all said and done and you are ready to step away from the game, what do you want your lasting legacy to be in hip hop once you step away from it?

Greatest of all time. Definitely King Of New York.

Do you have any upcoming shows or tour dates?

Yeah definitely. Slime Flu October 12th, I will be doing a Best Buy in store signing out here in Harlem on the 12th. I also have a show in downtown Harlem on the 12th. Follow me on twitter, www.twitter.com/vado_mh . I will be leaking a song every week, even after Slime Flu drops, I might fall back for 30 days, just to get the people comfortable with the album then I am back to leaking tracks.

Sounds good, alright well that is all the questions I have for you, appreciate you getting down for the interview. Is there any last words or shoutouts you want to get out there to the people?

I appreciate it man, stay hungry and humble. You can go far, trust me.

Appreciate your time.

Thank you.