Poll

do you believe there's life on other planets?

Yes
18 (90%)
No
1 (5%)
I don't know what I believe. All I want is J Woww's lil asshole.
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: do you believe there's life on other planets?  (Read 3624 times)

Matty

Re: do you believe there's life on other planets?
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 08:14:06 AM »
yes.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2010, 08:18:20 AM »
KING: If contact does occur, do you think it will be initiated by us or by them?

HAWKING: They are likely to be more advanced than us. So they will contact us first.

KING: You're warning that it may be too risky to try to contact space aliens has stirred a lot of debate. Do you care to react to some of the criticism those who say the search for extraterrestrial life is central to central to space exploration?

HAWKING: I think we should look out for primitive life. If advanced life exists, they'll contact us. Aliens haven't contacted us so far, except maybe in the state of Arizona.

(LAUGHTER)

KING: In your mind, what would an advanced alien look like?

HAWKING: They are bound to have a mouth opening because they will have to take in nutrition. And they will probably have legs because they will need to move around. And they'll need eyes. But don't expect them to look like Marilyn Monroe.

KING: Should we ban messages into the universe for fear of attracting dangerous aliens?

HAWKING: It is too late. If they are looking, they will already have detected us.

KING: Dr. Kaku, you're a renowned physicist. You accept that?

KAKU: Well, yes. Life is going to be, I think, found throughout the universe. However, I don't think they're going to want to come and strip-mind the earth. There are a lot of planets out there that are probably uninhabited without restive natives.

If you're a camper, are you going to sit down where there are a lot of scorpions and tarantulas and rattlesnakes? No. You're going go where it's nice and clean of pests. So why would they bother with the earth when there are lots of pristine planets with plenty of resources out there?

There's no real point to mess with the natives. And it's not going to be quite like Columbus meeting a Native American and genocide. Think more of like the Vietnam War, OK? An intelligent species may simply say, it's not worth it to get the natives angry.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2010, 08:36:14 AM »
^ I just read a comment on Youtube so here's why I ask.. with the Earth being billions of years old, right... and they are truly more advanced than us, right... how come WE still wondering about extraterrestrial beings? Them aliens coulda been here YEARS ago, BEEN known about us... visited us a millions of years before NOW.... just becuz WE are finally gettin' advanced means.. not a thang. Maybe the universe ain't even infinite like scientists make it out to be. Just like finding 'life' on Mars or shit... I mean just becuz we find this out NOW, planets are billions of years old... remember. They make it seem like, well we just found 'that' so maybe 'this' can occur. Uhhhh, but, it prolly been like that longer than we were even around.

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2010, 09:34:54 AM »
people must realize that space is infinite. it simply never ends. that's a real premise and with that in your equation I'd say the chances of the existence of superior beings are extremely high. the only thing keeping me away from saying I'm absolutely 110% sure is because I haven't seen one. we already know there's life on earth. I would go as far as to say I'd bet everything I got on it any day of the week and personally I could give a fucc what Stephen Hawking says or anybody. I have no idea if we've been visited or if they know about us, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me.

Anunikke

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2010, 11:01:35 AM »
^ I just read a comment on Youtube so here's why I ask.. with the Earth being billions of years old, right... and they are truly more advanced than us, right... how come WE still wondering about extraterrestrial beings? Them aliens coulda been here YEARS ago, BEEN known about us... visited us a millions of years before NOW.... just becuz WE are finally gettin' advanced means.. not a thang. Maybe the universe ain't even infinite like scientists make it out to be. Just like finding 'life' on Mars or shit... I mean just becuz we find this out NOW, planets are billions of years old... remember. They make it seem like, well we just found 'that' so maybe 'this' can occur. Uhhhh, but, it prolly been like that longer than we were even around.
Wait, what?
Type like you are writing, not like you're talking...

I know you're a christfag and all, but you do believe in evolution right?
It takes a long time for evolution to take effect and even though it will progress exponentially from a certain point it will still take billions of years.
Keep in mind the vast distances in the universe, the closest liveable planet now is 20 light years away, it takes  light 20 years.
Creating (realistic, practical) transport is completely different and will take a long time as well.

But of course incredibly advanced aliens can already be here, but they would be so advanced they could study us without us noticing and there is another type of advanced alien according to hawking. Aliens who live as conciousness in something like the internet, they don't even leave their own house let alone their own planet.

Sikotic™

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2010, 12:45:00 PM »
If I find out aliens don't have pussies, I will be very angry.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Fraxxx

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2010, 01:04:03 PM »
The universe is somewhat 13 billion years old, so I wouldn't doubt the possibility of intelligent extraterrestrial life forms but why should there be aliens that are able to come to earth right now (the 100,000 years mankind exists)?
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Anunikke

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2010, 01:30:33 PM »
If I find out aliens don't have pussies, I will be very angry.
Don't worry, they must have breathing holes.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2010, 04:56:38 PM »
Wait, what?

It takes a long time for evolution to take effect and even though it will progress exponentially from a certain point it will still take billions of years.
Keep in mind the vast distances in the universe, the closest liveable planet now is 20 light years away, it takes  light 20 years.
Creating (realistic, practical) transport is completely different and will take a long time as well.

But of course incredibly advanced aliens can already be here, but they would be so advanced they could study us without us noticing and there is another type of advanced alien according to hawking. Aliens who live as conciousness in something like the internet, they don't even leave their own house let alone their own planet.
Yo. Wow, really nigga? Really?

Now you believe aliens could live in a form of consciousness? Ha, so there's a possibility aliens are spiritual beings?

And there's no proven fact that space is infinite. That's why I said what I said. And if I understand Fraxxx right, he basically asked somethang along the same lines I just did?

Anunikke

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2010, 02:30:18 AM »
Wait, what?

Yo. Wow, really nigga? Really?

Now you believe aliens could live in a form of consciousness? Ha, so there's a possibility aliens are spiritual beings?

And there's no proven fact that space is infinite. That's why I said what I said. And if I understand Fraxxx right, he basically asked somethang along the same lines I just did?
Spiritual? no they're just hooked up to the internet.

Ofcourse the Universe isn't infinite, but it's still incredibly big.
But the multiverse might be infinite. Probably not but I'm sure we'll find something outside of the multiverse.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2010, 03:43:03 PM »
yes it'll be retarded to say there isnt any life out there

it might not be aliens like they show on tv, but when u say life it can be bacteria, plants, whatever....some stuff beyond our imagination, who knows...there are so many things out there and we keep comparing things to our own perspective.  Just the whole look of a typical alien is dumb in the first place, its very close to what we are just a differnt shape.  And this idea that they're more advanced than us...theres probably 30 other earth planets and their people are still where we were 300 years ago.   

RedMagic213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2010, 01:27:36 AM »
no aliens...it is totally plausible that earth had a unique set of circumtances that led to life.

There is absolutely no proof of aliens, yet you believe?

Anunikke

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2010, 01:39:12 AM »
no aliens...it is totally plausible that earth had a unique set of circumtances that led to life.

That sounds unbelievably ignorant.

We are proof of aliens.

The vastness of the universe, the fact that it already happened once before and that we know we will be able to turn mars into a liveable planet is pretty solid proof.

RedMagic213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2010, 04:07:04 AM »

We are proof of aliens.

The vastness of the universe, the fact that it already happened once before and that we know we will be able to turn mars into a liveable planet is pretty solid proof.

the vastness statement implies that nothing that exists can be unique...there are billions of human beings...all are unique. By your argument you scould say that there are too many humans for there to be only one you. there has to be another

until there is any, even a slight, evidence that there is life on other planets...there is no reason to believe it.

Anunikke

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2010, 06:06:29 AM »

We are proof of aliens.

the vastness statement implies that nothing that exists can be unique...there are billions of human beings...all are unique. By your argument you scould say that there are too many humans for there to be only one you. there has to be another

until there is any, even a slight, evidence that there is life on other planets...there is no reason to believe it.

Retarded analogy...
your analogy implies that other life should be exactly like us. Life isn't exclusive to advanced beings who are able to destroy the entire planet they live on.
One-Celled organisms will qualify as life.

We're not even sure life started just the one time on earth, there is evidence that it started at least twice here on earth.