Poll

do you believe there's life on other planets?

Yes
18 (90%)
No
1 (5%)
I don't know what I believe. All I want is J Woww's lil asshole.
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: do you believe there's life on other planets?  (Read 3626 times)

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
Re: do you believe there's life on other planets?
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2010, 01:15:49 AM »
The irony in this thread is hilarious.

what irony?

Nigga. If I knew how to spell the sound effect of sucking teeth, I'd spell that shit six times.

Let me guess since you won't fuccin say anything...you think it's irony some people believe in life on other planets and yet don't believe in an almighty god?

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2010, 01:57:55 AM »
so you believe in things just because there isnt proof that is doesnt exist??????? That is ridiculous...

and if that other mutha fucka thinks theres evidence...care to share?? UFO's??? hahahhaa
You appear so close-minded that I don't even know how to respond.

Our knowledge of the universe is limited right now, we can only see an extremely small percentage.
So If you take a glass of ocean water and you don't find fish in it, you would conclude that there are no fish in the ocean?

Sure there is little evidence of alien life, but there is a high probability of it, they call this the Fermi Paradox:
The apparent size and age of the universe suggest that many technologically advanced extraterrestrial civilizations ought to exist.
However, this hypothesis seems inconsistent with the lack of observational evidence to support it.

Like I said: we're not even sure life just started the one time here on earth, if it could happen multiple times on this planet it will have happened on other planets.
The theory that life once started on Mars is still not busted, and if it could happen twice in the same solar system, the chance would be 100% that it has happened in other galaxies.

Study the Drake Equation faggot.

Hahahaha I knew there was at least 1 muthafucca who didn't believe in this shit or thinks there's an excellent chance our beautiful planet Earth is the only planet there's life on. Mars is interesting because it's got rust on it's surface. There's also Jupiter's Europa which is covered in ice and most likely has water in liquid state under it's surface. They ain't found life there yet but it's got everything to encourage evolution. This is one solar system in space that I believe is infinite. You're not gonna run into a wall here.

Sikotic™

« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2010, 02:16:06 AM »

what irony?

Nigga. If I knew how to spell the sound effect of sucking teeth, I'd spell that shit six times.

Let me guess since you won't fuccin say anything...you think it's irony some people believe in life on other planets and yet don't believe in an almighty god?
I think that's what he means.

That's easy: there is evidence of planets that have similar conditions to that of our planet, Earth. If those planets have our conditions which have been PROVEN to support life, then there is a possibility that similar life may exist. We are not believing in something blindly like the idea of a space god who created us for the sole purpose of fucking with us for his amusement. There is, to this day, NOTHING that even supports that shit on a large scale. Nothing.

It is PROVEN that these planets similar to Earth exist and all the living things around us are PROOF that our planetary conditions support life. I think you can put two-and-two together to see that our beliefs have a much better possibility than the common beliefs of your average Christian.

Shit, that doesn't even mean that planets not similar to earth don't support life. We got fuckin anerobic organisms that live without oxygen, thermophilic organisms that live under extremely hot conditions. Organisms that thrive off of sulfur and other molecules that would fuck us up if we were exposed to it. The list goes on.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Anunikke

« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2010, 07:19:39 AM »
That's easy: there is evidence of planets that have similar conditions to that of our planet, Earth. If those planets have our conditions which have been PROVEN to support life, then there is a possibility that similar life may exist. We are not believing in something blindly like the idea of a space god who created us for the sole purpose of fucking with us for his amusement. There is, to this day, NOTHING that even supports that shit on a large scale. Nothing.

It is PROVEN that these planets similar to Earth exist and all the living things around us are PROOF that our planetary conditions support life. I think you can put two-and-two together to see that our beliefs have a much better possibility than the common beliefs of your average Christian.

Shit, that doesn't even mean that planets not similar to earth don't support life. We got fuckin anerobic organisms that live without oxygen, thermophilic organisms that live under extremely hot conditions. Organisms that thrive off of sulfur and other molecules that would fuck us up if we were exposed to it. The list goes on.
We've found animals in deep oceans that live without light.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2010, 07:21:14 AM »

what irony?

Oh come on.

What planets have similar conditions as Earth? The one they 'just found' 20 light years away? If you believe in 'aliens' than yes, you are, believing in somethang blindly. There is NO proof at all, at all. There isn't any more PROOF of aliens than there is proof of a 'invisible God'. Just becuz scientists assume space is infinite there's a possibly of other creatures out there? Hmm. Is that the basis of where alien belief comes from? I think sooo.

Earth just 'happens' to have the perfect gravitation, the perfect distance from Sun, the perfect surface, the perfect atmosphere, the perfect temperature, with the perfect rotation around the sun, all which are unique to other planets. How could there be another planet out there EXACTLY like us?

I mean what other planets have similar conditions, becuz I thought that was why science has told us Earth can support life..

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2010, 07:22:59 AM »
They ain't found life there yet but it's got everything to encourage evolution.

But remember how old space is? Remember? So are you sayin' evolution still didn't start? Why has evolution failed to begin? It's as if you sayin', just becuz NOW, now, we humans, have discovered lil possibilitys of 'life' on other planets, life is just gonna blossom? Or has the right to now, becuz human beings just discovered it recently..?

Anunikke

« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2010, 07:31:29 AM »

But remember how old space is? Remember? So are you sayin' evolution still didn't start? Why has evolution failed to begin? It's as if you sayin', just becuz NOW, now, we humans, have discovered lil possibilitys of 'life' on other planets, life is just gonna blossom? Or has the right to now, becuz human beings just discovered it recently..?
What C-Blue meant was:
It's a 100% possible that life could start on europe but we don't have the resources to determine whether it actually happened yet.

Anunikke

« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2010, 07:38:57 AM »
What planets have similar conditions as Earth? The one they 'just found' 20 light years away? If you believe in 'aliens' than yes, you are, believing in somethang blindly. There is NO proof at all, at all. There isn't any more PROOF of aliens than there is proof of a 'invisible God'. Just becuz scientists assume space is infinite there's a possibly of other creatures out there? Hmm. Is that the basis of where alien belief comes from? I think sooo.

Earth just 'happens' to have the perfect gravitation, the perfect distance from Sun, the perfect surface, the perfect atmosphere, the perfect temperature, with the perfect rotation around the sun, all which are unique to other planets. How could there be another planet out there EXACTLY like us?

I mean what other planets have similar conditions, becuz I thought that was why science has told us Earth can support life..
There are billions of stars within our galaxy alone, and there are billions of galaxies.
To say life could only start here is extremely unlikely.
If 1 in a billion stars has a planet like earth, there will still be thousands of planets where life could start.

The difference between alien life and 'god' is: We know life can occur, we're the fucking proof.

Earth is perfect?
The Earth is constantly trying to kill us: Volcano's erupting, earthquakes, hurricanes etcetera.
Let's not forget disease.

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2010, 12:25:48 PM »

I never said it has failed to begin. We are still in the process of finding out and as of yet there have only been fly by missions to Europa, but those missions have provided us with a lot of interesting data which has only lead to more questions. Conjecture on extraterrestrial life has ensured a high profile for the moon and has led to steady lobbying for future missions. They are about to launch a major one in 2016. The chances of life already existing on Europa is very good.

In 1977, during an exploratory dive to the Galapagos Rift in the deep-sea exploration submersible Alvin, scientists discovered colonies of giant tube worms, clams, crustaceans, mussels, and other assorted creatures clustered around undersea volcanic features known as black smokers. These creatures thrive despite having no access to sunlight, and it was soon discovered that they comprise an entirely independent food chain. Instead of plants, the basis for this food chain was a form of bacterium that derived its energy from oxidization of reactive chemicals, such as hydrogen or hydrogen sulfide, that bubbled up from the Earth's interior. This chemosynthesis revolutionized the study of biology by revealing that life need not be sun-dependent; it only requires water and an energy gradient in order to exist. It opened up a new avenue in astrobiology by massively expanding the number of possible extraterrestrial habitats.1 Yes I pasted that, but you can look it up and I don't know how you interpret this, but to me it's pretty clear and if you still think the chances are slim, you may need to do more reading. Sik talked about these conditions, re-read what he said and I'd also be happy to find more articles for you on this subject.

The difference between alien life and 'god' is: We know life can occur, we're the fucking proof.

You could say that a thousand times and he still wouldn't comprehend what you said.

1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europa_(moon)Potential_for_extraterrestrial_life

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2010, 06:48:59 PM »
To make a long story short I believe that our very existance has an extraterrestrial past. Life can be created to survive the harshest of environments. Science can create life. 

Bananas

« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2010, 12:53:34 AM »
To believe that we are the sole center and buzz of an infinite universe in which we know so little about would be conceited and ignorant.
There is something with a pulse somewhere....even after you leave planet earth! surprise christians!

Sikotic™

« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2010, 01:17:36 AM »

what irony?

Oh come on.

Well for one, I don't BELIEVE that aliens exist the way you BELIEVE God exists. I think there is a very good possibility that there is life on other planets, but I will never tell you its 100% sure. You, and other Christians, would look me in the eye and guarantee me that God exists, that Jesus is his son and that when we die, we either go to heaven or hell and there is no other alternative to you. You belief is unreasonable and without any support, while mine is based on probability.

And just as Earth has the perfect conditions to support life, as you said, there are numerous planets out there in the universe, whether finite or infinite, that exist. You really think none of them have absolutely no change of being in a similar situation that our planet is in? No chance whatsoever? We haven't even scratched the surface of what is out there int he universe, yet you can easily just ignore those facts and tell yourself we are the only ones out there without a shadow of a doubt?

That's my real beef with Christians. Not necessarily their beliefs, but their ability to remain ignorant by rejecting facts and simplifying things to make their beliefs more substantial to them. To be fair though, that can be attributed to all religions, not just Christianity.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2010, 01:25:20 AM »

what irony?

Oh come on.

Well for one, I don't BELIEVE that aliens exist the way you BELIEVE God exists. I think there is a very good possibility that there is life on other planets, but I will never tell you its 100% sure. You, and other Christians, would look me in the eye and guarantee me that God exists, that Jesus is his son and that when we die, we either go to heaven or hell and there is no other alternative to you. You belief is unreasonable and without any support, while mine is based on probability.

And just as Earth has the perfect conditions to support life, as you said, there are numerous planets out there in the universe, whether finite or infinite, that exist. You really think none of them have absolutely no change of being in a similar situation that our planet is in? No chance whatsoever? We haven't even scratched the surface of what is out there int he universe, yet you can easily just ignore those facts and tell yourself we are the only ones out there without a shadow of a doubt?

That's my real beef with Christians. Not necessarily their beliefs, but their ability to remain ignorant by rejecting facts and simplifying things to make their beliefs more substantial to them. To be fair though, that can be attributed to all religions, not just Christianity.

Like spoken out of my own goddamn mouth...or mouf as the Europeans say.

Anunikke

« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2010, 02:35:26 AM »

To believe that we are the sole center and buzz of an infinite universe in which we know so little about would be conceited and ignorant.
There is something with a pulse somewhere....even after you leave planet earth! surprise christians!

/Endthread

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2010, 11:43:47 AM »
I definitely said I believe in a possibility of other life. But I also believe it's fuckin' korny that all the ones who think it's illogical for there to be a creator of space (which man will prolly never be able to understand) can believe in a possibly of other life forms. I understand ya'll gotta defend yourselves, but I know, you know, how ironic it sounds. Especially coming with an 'anythang's possible' mentality, it's a lil contradictory, wouldn't you agree? Well, I know you won't, but it is. It is.

My belief in a creator is not unreasonable. You can throw Jesus, Heaven and Hell in it all you want to make it seem stupid. But it is not. Listen to ya'll men! You are sayin' anythang is possible out there. How korny is that? I say that same idea in other threads and I'M unreasonable? We all agree that we are a fuckin' orange goldfish in The Pacific Ocean, and that goldfish has no fuckin' idea there's an Atlantic Ocean too... that shit just shows us what we are. Just that thought on space makes you wonder, well evidently not Atheists cuz they take a few scientific observations ( that are liable to change at any moment ) and base a firm fact on them to laugh at others.. but it should make you wonder about alot more than Jesus. That maybe there is somethang after death, I mean other life forms may not even die.. I mean I don't know.. there's so much it makes your head spin.

The more advanced the human race becomes to report findings on space, to me, just shows us how the comprehension of God will never be understood by man. Ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever. Cuz in a discussion like this, on an infinite space, and you all STILL can conclude a belief, all this is mere coincidence, such a arrogant and close minded idea (as Ikke as said in this same thread, ha) I truly feel bad.

And I would like to know how I'm, or Christians, or Muslims reject facts? Have ya'll ever read the Catechism from the Catholic Church? Prolly has to be the most realistic pieces of material a 'rational' person could read, with a belief in God. And the Quran is the most scientific Holy Book, so hmmm, Islam is a pretty rational faith.
Assuredly the creation of the heavens and the earth is a greater (matter) than the creation of men: Yet most men understand not. 40:57

So who are the 'irrational' or 'illogical' or 'unreasonable' believers in God who reject facts, that you speak of? Down South Evangelicals? Ha.