Author Topic: dope songs remain unreleased.  (Read 162 times)

2euce 7even

dope songs remain unreleased.
« on: October 18, 2010, 12:54:24 PM »
whats the reason songs not bein released?that whole "didnt make the cut"-thing, whats the reason that some dope songs dont get released?

Anunikke

Re: dope songs remain unreleased.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 01:07:03 PM »
It's 2010, leftovers are thrown on mixtapes and put online.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 01:27:04 PM »
The two best unreleased songs I've heard, as far as songs I felt could of been huge hits are..

1.  "The Throne Is Mine" by Royce 5'9" for Dr. Dre.  This could of been a huge comeback record for Dre on 2001.  A final version of this track with Dre spitting the vocals would of been incredible.  Track probably never came out because of the leak with Royce on it, and also because the direction of the album ("40's, blunts, bitches") didn't really go with the "I'm the King" theme that Royce was writing about at the time.

2.  "Our House"-  Eminem feat. Limp Bizkit.  This song feels like it could of had huge pop appeal, similar to a "My Name Is" track.  On top of the that, the story telling Em uses about his childhood in the song is incredible, and a video to this would of really brought the track to life.  This is one of Em's best creations but unfortunately most people will never know about it.  The reason this track probably wasn't released could of been because of the beef with Fred Durst, or the fact that it didn't go with the overall theme of the Marshall Mathers LP, and they were afraid that the track sounded to pop or too rock.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

2euce 7even

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 04:27:28 AM »
The two best unreleased songs I've heard, as far as songs I felt could of been huge hits are..

1.  "The Throne Is Mine" by Royce 5'9" for Dr. Dre.  This could of been a huge comeback record for Dre on 2001.  A final version of this track with Dre spitting the vocals would of been incredible.  Track probably never came out because of the leak with Royce on it, and also because the direction of the album ("40's, blunts, bitches") didn't really go with the "I'm the King" theme that Royce was writing about at the time.

2.  "Our House"-  Eminem feat. Limp Bizkit.  This song feels like it could of had huge pop appeal, similar to a "My Name Is" track.  On top of the that, the story telling Em uses about his childhood in the song is incredible, and a video to this would of really brought the track to life.  This is one of Em's best creations but unfortunately most people will never know about it.  The reason this track probably wasn't released could of been because of the beef with Fred Durst, or the fact that it didn't go with the overall theme of the Marshall Mathers LP, and they were afraid that the track sounded to pop or too rock.

good input infinite..

what about tha others?

what yall think is reasons for good songs not bein released?

any stories?thoughts, facts..

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 04:59:59 AM »
label politics... or the samples not being cleared.. or the artist realise that the song is wack

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Anunikke

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 05:02:14 AM »
label politics... or the samples not being cleared.. or the artist realise that the song is wack
Or just having too much material to fill 1 album?