Author Topic: Rooney could leave Man Utd for just £5m next summer (+ Ferguson video interview)  (Read 649 times)

Elano

Wayne Rooney could walk away from Manchester United next summer for just £5 million due to a little-used FIFA ruling.

The Webster ruling allows players to buy out the last year of their contracts for the price of their wages plus a nominal compensation fee, meaning that the England talisman could leave for less than a tenth of his market value.

According to a report in The Independent, Spanish law firm Ruiz Huerta y Crespo - who have been involved in every major Webster ruling case - have confirmed that Rooney would qualify to leave next summer for a bargain price.

Rooney signed his current in November 2006, meaning that he has served more than the minimum three-year 'protected period' during which United could have blocked a deal.

Webster ruling transfers can only take place in the summer, but the revelation that Rooney could walk away for so little is expected to force Manchester United into action - either to sell the player in January or tie him down to a new contract.

And with Rooney having already rejected an offer of £150,000 a week to stay at Old Trafford, the odds on him leaving in the next transfer window appear to be growing by the day.

The Webster ruling is named after former Hearts defender Andy Webster, who set the legal precedent after forcing a move to Stoke in 2006.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gruZoMvpLko" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gruZoMvpLko</a>

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
quality!!

KURUPTION-81

There was a piece on sky sports about this earlier and they basically said that there are so many contradictory laws its unlikely this could happen.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
This Webster Rule is wack.

kemizt

Lunatic

Good. I hope he leaves and it's an ugly breakup. United fans still complain about Ronaldo and seem to suck Rooney's cock, and Ronaldo left with pure class. To this day, he still talks good about United/Sir Alex and vice versa. It's always pissed me off to see how United classless fans dealt with his class departure.

I want to see Rooney leave on bad terms and get the same treatment.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
Good. I hope he leaves and it's an ugly breakup. United fans still complain about Ronaldo and seem to suck Rooney's cock, and Ronaldo left with pure class. To this day, he still talks good about United/Sir Alex and vice versa. It's always pissed me off to see how United classless fans dealt with his class departure.

I want to see Rooney leave on bad terms and get the same treatment.

Your obsession with Portuguese players is not healthy  :-[

ManU down, Liverpool down, I like it. Good conditions to rock the Champions League when Dortmund returns next year.
It's only a matter of time until German teams win international trophies again- both on club level and with the national team....

Lunatic

Your obsession with Portuguese players is not healthy  :-[
Lol obsession? I'm Portuguese. Every football fan cheers for there own.... Is that abnormal to u? lol
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

kemizt

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
Maaaan....this is some fucked up shit....

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
It's hideous how fast things change in sports. 7 months ago Rooney was the man in ManU, scoring at will, loving the club passionately and vice versa. Now it seems as if all this means nothing.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Elano

It's hideous how fast things change in sports. 7 months ago Rooney was the man in ManU, scoring at will, loving the club passionately and vice versa. Now it seems as if all this means nothing.

I think he wants to leave the city of manchester,not just the team...

Elano

LOL  ;D

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape

Elano

rooney is a great player but he could end up like gascoigne

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
rooney is a great player but he could end up like gascoigne

Yeah he's a great player, but I wouldn't want him to play for my club.