Author Topic: Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (Tracklist)  (Read 1836 times)

Young Old Head

Re: Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (Tracklist)
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2010, 08:54:03 AM »
it's funny how u guys r hatin' cause of the chance of a sneak peek...nobody forced u to listen to it. and he gave it away for FREE. + those leaks weren't mixed n mastered properly so u still can be in anticipation of a great sounding record. smh @ yall dude's always naggin'...

Cash Money Blood Gang

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2010, 07:57:16 PM »
just saw Kanye on UStream, album artwork looks sick!

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2010, 08:14:22 PM »
Those Good Friday joint were all recorded in hawaii by kanye and crew and were meant for the album.  It's just a clever way to prevent leaking your album.  They're all hot so you should show your love and support.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2010, 04:30:27 PM »
the good fridays was a cool idea cause it gives fans a chance to listen to free music and not having to feel guilty about it, but it should NOT have been songs that were off the album, shit, like everyone said,  they heard half the album already. i like what they did in the 50s/60s when the singles werent even on the album.

TRG

Bananas

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2010, 09:05:58 AM »
Those Good Friday joint were all recorded in hawaii by kanye and crew and were meant for the album.  It's just a clever way to prevent leaking your album.  They're all hot so you should show your love and support.

So leak the album months before it comes out instead of having it leak a few days early. Yeah real clever  ... ::)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2010, 10:08:01 AM »

So leak the album months before it comes out instead of having it leak a few days early. Yeah real clever  ... ::)

Dose anything make you happy?
- Banks

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2010, 05:47:04 PM »

It actually doesn't bother me that the songs were leaked in this way. But you trying to portray it as a clever marketing scheme is asinine.

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2010, 06:04:15 PM »

It actually doesn't bother me that the songs were leaked in this way. But you trying to portray it as a clever marketing scheme is asinine.
Most of the "leaked" songs are demos. Album versions will be different (i.e. Kanye Twitt'd that Devil In A New Dress is over 7 min. long w/ a verse from Rick Ross, says it's his fav track). This album's gonna be a problem

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2010, 07:15:13 PM »
Those Good Friday joint were all recorded in hawaii by kanye and crew and were meant for the album.  It's just a clever way to prevent leaking your album.  They're all hot so you should show your love and support.

So leak the album months before it comes out instead of having it leak a few days early. Yeah real clever  ... ::)

It is a marketing scheme.  He's building awareness for the album, his label, his artists, and himself.  It's the most effective strategy of the format since Crooked's original Hip-Hop Weekly.  The only difference is that Crooked failed to drop an album after his investment where as Kanye West is going to drop at least 2 albums and possibly guarantee release dates for Pusha T, Big Sean, & CyHi.  Say what you want but this is marketing and strategy.

Edit:

And, it's all original music, most of which was probably recording during his time in hawaii - there's been plenty of interviews where he's flown out the people that have appeared or coproduced tracks with him for good friday.  Obviously, he's done additional work on the tracks since they were created
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 07:17:18 PM by Action! »
- Banks

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2010, 07:30:37 PM »
Those Good Friday joint were all recorded in hawaii by kanye and crew and were meant for the album.  It's just a clever way to prevent leaking your album.  They're all hot so you should show your love and support.

So leak the album months before it comes out instead of having it leak a few days early. Yeah real clever  ... ::)

It is a marketing scheme.  He's building awareness for the album, his label, his artists, and himself.  It's the most effective strategy of the format since Crooked's original Hip-Hop Weekly.  The only difference is that Crooked failed to drop an album after his investment where as Kanye West is going to drop at least 2 albums and possibly guarantee release dates for Pusha T, Big Sean, & CyHi.  Say what you want but this is marketing and strategy.

Edit:

And, it's all original music, most of which was probably recording during his time in hawaii - there's been plenty of interviews where he's flown out the people that have appeared or coproduced tracks with him for good friday.  Obviously, he's done additional work on the tracks since they were created
These GOOD Friday tracks started off as songs he already had in his pocket for this album, but now he's just going into the studio w/ whomever and creating. The whole Crooked I 52 was innovative, no doubt. But, any MC can go in once a week and drop lyrics over everyone's beats. These GOOD Friday tracks are all original and sooooo much better than that Crooked I series. Great days for hip-hop with GOOD Fridays and Wu Wednesdays!

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2010, 08:18:18 PM »
I agree with you completely that's why I said,
it's the most effective strategy SINCE Crooked I

I agree it's far superior, innovative, and effective.
- Banks

RedMagic213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2010, 05:30:17 AM »
makes no difference to me...i didnt download any tracks yet...will be a brand new album for me

Paul

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2010, 10:15:37 AM »
Was never a massive Kanye fan but lately he's becoming 1 of my favourite artists
funkyfreshintheflesh