Author Topic: DJ Quik dissing Game was lame  (Read 2375 times)

Raphael

Re: DJ Quik dissing Game was lame
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2010, 03:20:57 PM »
Quik is on a whole different level then The Game musically. It's not even close. The Game can't touch Quik in any department. The Game sucks. Sorry kids.
These are facts.

I mean you gotta be trippin if you're goin to compare Quik to being on the same level as anyone on the Lakers LOL The Lakers are on tv all the time man, the last time DJ Quik was on tv was when The Game let him in the background sayin he was his DJ.....The Lakers are the best team on the planet and there are only 12 Lakers in the entire world and you're goin to compare a guy who doesnt even have 15000 facebook fans to him?? get out of here with that....people in Florida or New York are going to know Shannon Brown far before they ever know the guy who used to be in the background at The Game's concerts.. dude you just need to get out more seriously man.
roflmao

MarshColin

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2010, 04:58:20 PM »
Quik doesn't have over 15,000 faacebook fans? In a sense you are right, because he has OVER 18,000 FACEBOOK FANS. Back your "facts" up with legit sources next time.

http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=dj+quik&init=quick&tas=search_preload#!/pages/David-Blake-DJ-Quik/27378562015

Jimmy H.

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2010, 06:41:51 PM »
I mean you gotta be trippin if you're goin to compare Quik to being on the same level as anyone on the Lakers LOL The Lakers are on tv all the time man, the last time DJ Quik was on tv was when The Game let him in the background sayin he was his DJ.....The Lakers are the best team on the planet and there are only 12 Lakers in the entire world and you're goin to compare a guy who doesnt even have 15000 facebook fans to him?? get out of here with that....people in Florida or New York are going to know Shannon Brown far before they ever know the guy who used to be in the background at The Game's concerts.. dude you just need to get out more seriously man.
Once again, the basic meat of my argument goes way over your head. Even your own counterpoints serve to validate what I'm saying. Quik is a celebrity. The guy has had platinum releases. Been on magazine covers. Been in TV shows. Featured on soundtracks. You can argue whether I'm trippin' or I seriously need to get out more all you want but it's a poor smoke screen at best, big man. The fact is there are a wide range of demographics and everyone might not know Quik like people might not know Luke Walton. If you have over 15,000 people following you on the Internet, you have your own CD section at Best Buy and nearly every record store in the country, a platinum plaque on your wall, do public appearances (radio interviews, record release in-stores, etc.), have your own DVD, that's a celebrity to me.

JML-G

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2010, 01:51:24 AM »
Quik is on a whole different level then The Game musically. It's not even close. The Game can't touch Quik in any department. The Game sucks. Sorry kids.

gfunkin2

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2010, 01:05:54 PM »
What?!

Third, Quik ruins his songs with all that funk garbage he throws over the beat

You're seriously going to argue that the ending to "G Shit" was a typical Quik ending???!

He was having fun. That song wasn't serious and it's funny how people are trying to diss a music legend cause of it. In fact, the reason why he's so good is because he knows all of that "funk garbage" (didn't know Michael Jackson was "garbage") inside and out and puts his own spin on it.

A normal Quik ending can't be touched: "Somethin for the Mood" "Whateva U Do" etc etc...

« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 01:08:01 PM by gfunkin2 »

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2010, 01:18:28 PM »
LOVE 33 !

YOU IS A FUCKING FAGGOT

SUCK MY ASS BITCH

DO YOU LIKE ALBUM SALESSSS , HM

FUCK YOU,YOUR MOTHER,THE GAME, ANDA YOUR MOTHER TOOO

DJ QUIK IS THA SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT IN THE WEST COAST

BE KNOWN IN FLORIDA? WHAT THE HELL HE WILL WANT TO BE KNOWN IN FLORIDA.

WHAT MATTERS AND HE BE RECOGNIZED AS A LEGEND IN HIS SIDE, By the way is

WESTSIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE @

ITS YOU DO NOT LIKE TO DJ QUIK, GET OUT OFF THIS FORUM

SON OF A BIATCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !

ROFLMAO!!

oh, and yeah, the opening post is utter bullshit

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

love33

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2010, 03:30:42 PM »
LOL jimmy dude ain't on TV anywhere! Dude hasn't had a hit record this century...What real magazines is he on the cover?? I see Drake on the cover, and I saw Kanye was dating Kim Kardashian today in the grocery store..And the Best Buy in Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach has no DJ Quik cds.  They carried like 10 copies of "Blackout" when it dropped.  2000 copies sold first week is not a celebrity (If he's a celebrity than so is Tha Realest cause he sold 2000 copies).  He has no songs in rotation this decade at the club (E40 and Too Short get airplay in the clubs even).  Nobody knows who he is except diehard death row/gangsta rap fans.  15000 fans ain't shit there are girls in South Florida who work at the local clubs like Mansion and Space who have more facebook fans than Quik and are they celebs hell no.

Celebrity = Drake, Kanye, Lil Wayne, T-Pain, Chris Brown, Usher, Rick Ross, etc.
"works with the top people in the industry"
Quik would be happy to carry these cats bags.

He must have been in the Hollywood Supermarket one night and some 80 year old lady with amnesia walked up to him while he was shopping for vegetables and he had a head of lettuce in his hand and she scared him and said "Hey boy, how's your son?" He flipped out at her “get away from me you crazy bitch and quit askin me about my son” and now he thinks he's a "celebrity" and then he wrote that corny song thinkin he could finally diss Game.

Eldee

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2010, 04:21:16 PM »
love33 eat nuts you bitch ass nigga!!!!! hatin ass fags on here

Will_B

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2010, 12:44:10 AM »
BlaQKout was a pet project for Quik and Kurupt, I think part conceived by Snoop. They made it for themselves, and it turned out one of the best records of the year.

I recently read a Cee-Lo green interview where he felt his Mixtape was a better array of his music than his forthcoming album would be, but in todays industry it's not the time to be saying to a record company 'this is my album as I want it, don't touch it, just publish the thing'. Artists just have to make that compromise.

Quik and Kurupt put the record out on an Independent, They didn't compromise anything, and made a dope recored that over time fans of real music will discover and enjoy.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2010, 01:52:13 AM »
You probably don't think Quincy Jones is a celebrity either. Or Paulie Shore. Or "Macho Man" Randy Savage. If only heterosexual males who don't watch the E! Network or hang out at hair salons reading the tabloids know about them then they must not be famous. Again, the world is a much, much bigger place than the Florida club scene. 

Muhfukka

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2010, 01:26:59 PM »
BlaQKout was a pet project for Quik and Kurupt, I think part conceived by Snoop. They made it for themselves, and it turned out one of the best records of the year.

I recently read a Cee-Lo green interview where he felt his Mixtape was a better array of his music than his forthcoming album would be, but in todays industry it's not the time to be saying to a record company 'this is my album as I want it, don't touch it, just publish the thing'. Artists just have to make that compromise.

Quik and Kurupt put the record out on an Independent, They didn't compromise anything, and made a dope recored that over time fans of real music will discover and enjoy.
cmon i mean i can see why some people would like blaqkout more than i did but lets face it, shit was pretty sloppy for the most part

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2010, 01:40:54 PM »

cmon i mean i can see why some people would like blaqkout more than i did but lets face it, shit was pretty sloppy for the most part

it was. overrated, but decent
Kurupt sounded forced and uncomfortable on the beats..

Regime*Rida

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2010, 04:16:48 PM »
LOL jimmy dude ain't on TV anywhere! Dude hasn't had a hit record this century...What real magazines is he on the cover?? I see Drake on the cover, and I saw Kanye was dating Kim Kardashian today in the grocery store..And the Best Buy in Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach has no DJ Quik cds.  They carried like 10 copies of "Blackout" when it dropped.  2000 copies sold first week is not a celebrity (If he's a celebrity than so is Tha Realest cause he sold 2000 copies).  He has no songs in rotation this decade at the club (E40 and Too Short get airplay in the clubs even).  Nobody knows who he is except diehard death row/gangsta rap fans.  15000 fans ain't shit there are girls in South Florida who work at the local clubs like Mansion and Space who have more facebook fans than Quik and are they celebs hell no.

Celebrity = Drake, Kanye, Lil Wayne, T-Pain, Chris Brown, Usher, Rick Ross, etc.
"works with the top people in the industry"
Quik would be happy to carry these cats bags.

He must have been in the Hollywood Supermarket one night and some 80 year old lady with amnesia walked up to him while he was shopping for vegetables and he had a head of lettuce in his hand and she scared him and said "Hey boy, how's your son?" He flipped out at her “get away from me you crazy bitch and quit askin me about my son” and now he thinks he's a "celebrity" and then he wrote that corny song thinkin he could finally diss Game.

Drake, Wayne, T-Pain, Rick Ros etc....  man I'd hate to go to a party at your place.......

Quik got funky enjoyable tracks the cats you mention don't represent good music in my world. Stop stressin over stupid shit.

Peace
She started letting me and my boys hit together
Me and Pac hit the slot now it's out in the open
Didn't take long, to make her get it on, came on strong
And Thugs Get Lonely Too was our slogan - "TECH N9NE"

Will_B

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2010, 01:49:35 AM »

it was. overrated, but decent
Kurupt sounded forced and uncomfortable on the beats..

I don't think it was that overrated to be honest - probably half of the cats on here dismissed the record as wack.

Personally I know it was musically a near perfect album, like a 95/100. :cheers:

8) 8) 8)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2010, 02:05:45 AM »
the media loved it