Author Topic: Bishop Lamont & Dr. Dre  (Read 921 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Bishop Lamont & Dr. Dre
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2010, 10:09:46 PM »
Basically, everything recorded could have been at one point for a reformation.  For example. Africa was a track Bishop liked and wanted on Reformation but Dre didn't like it.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

sofdark

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2010, 11:24:15 PM »

Oh My God [ft. Nikki Grier] (Rumoured to be a Storch/Dre collab, at first it was denied to be Dre, but then confirmed later on)
The Greatest Trick (Same deal as Oh My God, but with Denaun Porter)

can u show me the source?

DjKeyz

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 12:58:11 AM »

Oh My God [ft. Nikki Grier] (Rumoured to be a Storch/Dre collab, at first it was denied to be Dre, but then confirmed later on)

He right. OMG is Dre and The Greatest Trick is CO PRODUCED by Dr. Dre.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 02:13:37 AM »
Basically, everything recorded could have been at one point for a reformation.  For example. Africa was a track Bishop liked and wanted on Reformation but Dre didn't like it.
when did he say that?

i recall Dre not liking Down, but not this one

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2010, 02:15:57 AM »

dont know about that. has this been confirmed anywhere?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2010, 02:17:12 AM »
how do you know that Nikki Grier is on it?

Anonymous.

• 'G'
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2010, 07:34:05 AM »
I believe the track in that snippet was "Let Them Thangs Go" or something like that, most likely produced by Khalil and featuring Balance on the hook. Pretty sure it was done in Bishop's late stages at Aftermath.

In terms of I Dominate, the only reason there was so much talk about it is because it was the first song produced by and featuring Dre, that was rumoured to be the big Reformation single (this is after No Stoppin' Carson, when Bishop's buzz got much bigger). Bishop stated many tiime in interviews that it's a club/poppy track, like "Bounce" (which was the style Dre was going with at the time). Really, I can't help but think EVERYONE will end up being MAD disapointed when/if it drops.

Also, as for a list, off the top of my  head, this is what I know of:

Change Is Gonna Come [ft. Mike Anthony]
Flashy
Grow Up
Hallelujah [ft. Xzibit & Mike Anthony's Choir]
Heaven (Pope Mobile Intro) [ft. Bilal]
I Dominate [ft. Dr. Dre] (Unreleased)
It Hurts (The rumour is that Dready did the original and Dre revamped it, whether that is the one that leaked or not I do not know)
No Stoppin' Carson
Rain [ft. Liz Rodrigues]
Unknown Track [ft. Dr. Dre & Chevy Jones] (This one was produced by Dre/Storch. I am thinking it might be the Oh My God track, but this one needs confirmation.)

About half of those weren't finished, but were either leaked or dropped anyways. I'd say Dre had his hand in a lot of other tracks as well that we've already heard. You gotta remember, these two were working together for a while, so there must have been a shit load of work done between the two. And that track that leaked, 2 Much Godfather, I think there might have been some discussion on that one, but I doubt Dre had anything to do with that. If you look at tracks like Change Is Gonna Come, which nobody had a clue existed, you realize there was probably a lot more tracks they did together. And some beats in videos/snippets/interludes over the years sounded a lot like some shit Dre would do, but Focus sounded a lot like Dre during those times, so it's hard to tell. I would love to see a complete list of these, and although it wasn't as good as any of his other "proteges", Dre and Bishop made a crazy team.

And as for the rest of the unleaked "big" Reformation tracks, I think only I Dominate and Church (produced by J.R.) are the last left. This is not including tracks we've heard pieces of or have no clue about (like that unknown one).

I guess I was a much bigger Bishop fan than a lot of others around here.

props, any chance u can upolad heaven, it hurts and greatest trick....
Our Detox who Flop in heaven,
overrated be thy name,
thy wackness come,
thy will be done,
in Cali as it is in Europe,
give us this day our early leaks,
and forgive us our bootleggers,
for we promote those who bootleg the wankstas,
and lead us not into some gay shit,
but deliver us from wiggers,
Amen.

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2010, 07:49:04 AM »

For that I was going off of what Rebel just posted. To be honest, I think that may be Chevy Jones, and if so, it's probably that unknown track that Bishop mentioned, which was by Dre/Storch. If I remember right, Octo said it was Storch when it dropped, but someone (Rebel?) said it was Dre not too long ago. Also, I think Octo (or someone at the time) said The Greatest Trick wasn't Dre at all, but instead the "GOD" part of the credits was just inspiration from God. The same deal with this track, as it was confirmed to be co-produced by Dre not long ago. Now it comes down to who you wanna believe.

dont know about that. has this been confirmed anywhere?

I think it was Rebel who said this. I'll take his word for it.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2010, 07:52:26 AM »
The tracks that are Dre produced for Bishop would make a cool half an album, like Side 1 or whatever, there are enough to make a complete side that is pretty dope

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2010, 07:59:22 AM »
???
i dont get it. if Dre had his hands in the making of that track, wouldnt it b reasnable to have him credited on teh tracklsiting. i mean, it doesnt hurt to have Dres name on there right?
i mean like.... shit  :P

and LOL at the fact, that we are discussing "myths" like these, like it was some Indina Jones-movie..  :D
can somebody just ask this Bishop Lamont-character about this.. he isnt famous, so it shouldnt be that hard to aproach him..

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2010, 08:01:04 AM »

For that I was going off of what Rebel just posted. To be honest, I think that may be Chevy Jones, and if so, it's probably that unknown track that Bishop mentioned, which was by Dre/Storch. If I remember right, Octo said it was Storch when it dropped, but someone (Rebel?) said it was Dre not too long ago. Also, I think Octo (or someone at the time) said The Greatest Trick wasn't Dre at all, but instead the "GOD" part of the credits was just inspiration from God. The same deal with this track, as it was confirmed to be co-produced by Dre not long ago. Now it comes down to who you wanna believe.
i see.

if i'm not mistaken, the inspiration from God quote comes from bishop himself.

Prof@ssor

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2010, 10:51:22 AM »

i see.

if i'm not mistaken, the inspiration from God quote comes from bishop himself.

I really wish Bishop I could find the instrumental....phenomenal.

On another note, the track has classic written all over it...if only it didn't have such a shitty forced chorus.