Author Topic: Big Kuntry King Interview  (Read 58 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Big Kuntry King Interview
« on: November 14, 2010, 01:07:30 AM »
http://illuminati2g.com/site/2010/11/14/big-kuntry-king-interview/

I2G kicked it with Grand Hustle artist BiG Kuntry King for a exclusive interview. We discuss his new single, Dancer, the status on his new album, Grand Hustle moving forward after TI being sent back to jail and much more so check it out.

Illuminati 2G is here with Big Kuntry King how’s it going?

What’s going on mayne!

You have a new out entitled Dancer. Tell me a little bit about the single.

Yeah Dancer is the name of the single and it features a singer on there named Sequence. The single is for all dancers, I love the ladies that are dancers and it is a real club banger. I think it is a hit and every lady that I perform it for loves it.

Do you have a video or anything set to drop from the single?

Yeah we are about to shoot the video next week.

What is the status on you dropping a mixtape or album in the near future?

Yeah I am working on a street album entitled Everything Big. Put the cover out there so everyone can see it and I am also working on my BreadBox company, through Grand Hustle, so we are working hard.

Just tell me a little bit about the process you do in putting a album together. Your first album, you have a great ear for production and it would seem like you would have to go through a ton of beats to pick the right one.

I think really it is just a vibe I get from listening to beats. I go through…, I don’t even like listening to the whole beat if it does not move me. However that beat starts, I can tell if it is going to be a good beat.

I have been using that method for years and I know I have picked the best beats for my album. Songs like The Baddest, I picked that, and any other songs I did, the beat has got to be right. I have gone through at least a thousand beats to find the beats that I want and it takes time.

You dropped your first album entitled My Turn To Eat and you dropped it the same day as TI’s Paper Trail album. Did you feel that it hurt your promotion by dropping your album the same day as TI?

For those that don’t know, the only reason why it was dropped on the same day is for one if it did not drop that day it probably would have never come out. Mainly because of TI’s situation and he had his ordeal, he was not even supposed to come out with Paper Trail.

We was working on my album and my single and everything was working out well, until he got his gun charge. Atlantic forced him to come out with a album, which was Paper Trail and so he had to drop his album the same day as mine.

My date was already set, so we went ahead and put the albums out. Business wise it was the best move so I could go ahead and get out of my contract.

You spoke briefly about TI. How is he doing and how has his situation affected your business and the business of the label?

I mean he is doing the same as last time when he got locked up. Jail time is no breeze for no man, and it affects the entire company but at the same time what does not kill you makes you stronger.

You have to keep rising above and all we doing is pushing this Dancer single and the label. We are focusing on our careers as artists instead of focusing on TI’s situation. We shot alot of videos so you will see alot of me on that TV screen.

Do you have any upcoming shows or tour dates?

We are about to perform in alot of the small parts of Georgia, South and North Carolina, Florida, Nebraska. My manager books them and we go.

What is your website information?

www.twitter.com/bigkuntryking. vabreadboxmusik@gmail.com for bookings. Just google me I am all over the place.

Well that is all the questions I have for you, appreciate you getting down for the interview. Is there any last words or shoutouts you want to get out there to the people?

Yeah this ya boy Kuntry King representing Grand Hustle. I am gonna be the person that is holding it down so just stick with ya boy. Dancer is out now, video is coming soon and for all the ladies you gotta be the baddest. Every few weeks we are going to be tearing up the streets and be on the lookout for my videos too mayne.