Author Topic: Infinite African Westcoastin' Travel Blog 2010  (Read 5740 times)

Sccit

Re: Infinite African Westcoastin' Travel Blog 2010
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2011, 01:34:42 AM »
OG shit

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2011, 06:19:41 AM »
One time I was out by myself during the middle of the day in the city of Kololi, Gambia.   There was a junction point that I was supposed to meet a friend at and I was having trouble finding it.  It was somewhat busy around mid-day with many people out walking around going place to place on the dusty interconnected roads.  I had gotten turned around a few times walking, to the point where I was totally lost. 

Somewhat frustrated and slightly irritable at the time, I asked a lady passing with her daughter, "Do you known where the Tavan junction is?"

---She immediately went off on me, as she was visibly upset---

"I am a human being!!  If you want to ask me a question, you have to greet me first, and ask me how I am doing, first!!" 

Before I could think of a response, she turned to her daughter and said, "Come on let's go!"

...For at least the next few hours I was bothered by this encounter.  I tried to explain to my friends when I finally reached back to my place later that day.   I wanted to explain, in part to justify it and redeem it to myself.  Maybe to hear them say that I had done nothing wrong.

I explained, "See in America everybody is busy and rushing, so if I stop someone I don't on there way and start going on there way when they are busy, they may be upset with me if I take up to much of their time with greetings; so we usually get quick and to the point, cause everyone is in a rush there."

My friend Sidia replied, "No... No... that is not the way in Gambia.  Anytime you want anything from somebody, you have to first exchange greetings with them, ask them how they are doing...then you can tell them your problem, hey, where is such and such, or I need this or I need that, can you help me, and so on".

So my friend offered little comfort, and mostly reiterated the point of the angry woman earlier in that day; although my friend did it in much softer and helpful tone of course.

But the point was clear, and this incident serves as a much larger representation of Gambian life in contrast to American life.  In America, people really are in a greater rush, and people don't generally introduce themselves to strangers.  People are weary of taking up others times.  Whereas, in the Gambia, Africa; time moves much slower.  Time is not so much fixed with exact appointment times.  People meet and greet strangers frequently, and many go about with a problem or question for others and there is a system in place for how you are to go about explaining your problem to others.   This is part of the social fabric for greeting others, and questioning them about their condition.   

In fact when Gambians meet they may go through a serious of questions and answers before getting to the point, such as, "How are you... How is your family... How is your health... how is your day... how is everything... please give my greetings to your family..."   

The answer is usually simple, just stating that they are fine, that their family is fine... but still a bond is made through this questioning and greeting that is an important part of their daily lives.

An anecdote about an incident that happened in a restaurant in Senegal.

While eating inside a restaurant in Senegal, this one poor fellow from the streets kept coming in and asking us for money and food.  He came in several times, and finally without much being said, he ended up sitting beside my friend and eating right along with us, the food off of our plates.  He was a little persistent and eventually he was welcomed to join.

Now imagine this in a nice American restaurant.  A stranger coming in off the street to join you at your side at lunch, and even eating from off of your plate.  You would never find that in America, yet such things are actually common in that part of Africa.

This speaks to the openness to strangers that exists in Africa, and also the intense sharing that goes on between people in the region.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2011, 10:23:00 AM »
you planning on writing a book about it?

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #108 on: May 30, 2011, 12:24:51 PM »
you planning on writing a book about it?

I have already.  I've been keeping a journal of everything I've done since I was 18.  It's all in a similar format to a book.  So my trips to Africa are all written out just like a book.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #109 on: May 30, 2011, 12:26:15 PM »

Finally found a picture I was looking for.  This one is me at the top of the elevator of the massive statue monument in Downtown Dakar, capital of Senegal.  Behind me you can overlook the city of Dakar in the background.

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #110 on: May 30, 2011, 07:14:30 PM »
seems like the "intense sharing" going on in your whitey friendly part of africa only happen when youre picking up the tab

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

BLUNTTYMECC

• 'G'
« Reply #111 on: May 31, 2011, 03:02:49 PM »
hey brian did you have any real father figures growing up or was tupac making you call him daddy?

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #112 on: May 31, 2011, 03:46:41 PM »

While eating inside a restaurant in Senegal, this one poor fellow from the streets kept coming in and asking us for money and food.  He came in several times, and finally without much being said, he ended up sitting beside my friend and eating right along with us, the food off of our plates.  He was a little persistent and eventually he was welcomed to join.

Now imagine this in a nice American restaurant.  A stranger coming in off the street to join you at your side at lunch, and even eating from off of your plate.  You would never find that in America, yet such things are actually common in that part of Africa.

This speaks to the openness to strangers that exists in Africa, and also the intense sharing that goes on between people in the region.

You are a weird mutherfucker.  You claim that there is such intense sharing and openness, then proceed to show us that it took the bum a bunch of times before you fools would let him eat with you. He should have been fed right off the jump if everyone was so down.  If everyone in Africa was so sharing he would'nt be a fuckin bum would he? 

Here's how it really played out.  the bum saw you for what you are...a mark.  He is smart enough to realize that any white fool in a shirt that would fit baggy on Jabba the hutt is quite confused about his identity.  He then would come to the correct conclusion that you are in fact full of white guilt, and he knew he could punk your silly as for a fuckin sammich.  And you try and justify it by saying you were being open and sharing....get the fuck out of here with that shit.  Do you let strangers sit next to you and eat off your plate often??  Let me guess the answer to that one.

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #113 on: May 31, 2011, 05:34:25 PM »

You are a weird mutherfucker.  You claim that there is such intense sharing and openness, then proceed to show us that it took the bum a bunch of times before you fools would let him eat with you. He should have been fed right off the jump if everyone was so down.  If everyone in Africa was so sharing he would'nt be a fuckin bum would he? 

Here's how it really played out.  the bum saw you for what you are...a mark.  He is smart enough to realize that any white fool in a shirt that would fit baggy on Jabba the hutt is quite confused about his identity.  He then would come to the correct conclusion that you are in fact full of white guilt, and he knew he could punk your silly as for a fuckin sammich.  And you try and justify it by saying you were being open and sharing....get the fuck out of here with that shit.  Do you let strangers sit next to you and eat off your plate often??  Let me guess the answer to that one.

ahahhahahahahahahaha
The West is Back

BLUNTTYMECC

• 'G'
« Reply #114 on: May 31, 2011, 06:09:03 PM »
some one please get this wigger a shirt that fits.

he always looks like hes playing in daddys clothes.

he never had a daddy

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #115 on: May 31, 2011, 06:30:53 PM »

LMAO. Oh shit. :D

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #116 on: May 31, 2011, 07:10:23 PM »
From how I should put my arm around a woman (and a man for that matter),
   :whistle:
You guys really know everything. 
this is the second time im agreeing with you mr 1996

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Sikotic™

« Reply #117 on: June 01, 2011, 12:26:20 AM »

LOL Wow.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

BLUNTTYMECC

• 'G'
« Reply #118 on: June 01, 2011, 11:34:53 AM »
fuck 1996, i took a shit then and still shittin today

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #119 on: June 02, 2011, 07:02:30 AM »

I was just pointing out that it's a false stereotypes that blacks in Africa are slaving away working hard all day long in Africa.  
yeah when youre around theyre getting you to buy them shit

Of course, if they are poor then it's on me.  If it's time for dinner, they are eating on me, and that's okay with me.  But my first trip I went there I wasn't staying on my own, and I was treated as a guest staying in other people's homes, and they cleaned and cooked for me and took me around all for free, as their guest.  They even slept out on couches and rearranged furniture to move to other rooms in the house just to give me my own bed/and bedrooms on my first trip.  It's part of Muslim etiquette that exists all over the Muslim world where Muslims live and travel.

So it just depends on what your setup is there.  If you want to be on your own like I was my second and third trip, and if you are hanging with people who don't have much; then there's nothing wrong with doing things for other people.  I spent plenty of money on others my second and third trip; and obviously if they were ripping me off and mistreating me then I why would I have gone back and done the same thing on my third trip, and now looking forward to a fourth trip?  Think logically.

But I promise you if I wanted to I know I could spend a whole month there staying with people as a guest and they would take care of everything for me according to Muslim etiquette's and customs, as was the case on my first trip there in 2007.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 07:04:52 AM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »