Author Topic: Infinite African Westcoastin' Travel Blog 2010  (Read 5823 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Infinite African Westcoastin' Travel Blog 2010
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2010, 10:35:19 PM »
-Departing-

"The sea that calls all things unto her calls me, and I must embark. For to stay, though the hours burn in the night, is to freeze and crystallize and be bound in a mould.  Ready am I to go, and my eagerness with sails full set awaits the wind. Only another breath will I breathe in this still air.  And alone and without his nest shall the eagle fly across the sun.  Then I shall stand among you, a seafarer among seafarers. And you, vast sea, sleepless mother, Who alone are peace and freedom to the river and the stream, Only another winding will this stream make, only another murmur in this glade, And then shall I come to you, a boundless drop to a boundless ocean"

Khalil Gibran
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2010, 04:11:47 AM »
Yo, just loggin from the Gambia, West Africa.  Landed in Senegal for a couple days, then on to Gambia where I've now gotten settled in.  About a week into my trip, it's been good.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2010, 08:09:27 AM »
No one cares

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2011, 06:54:51 AM »
No one cares

Then why are you wasting your time posting in my thread?  

I made this thread for myself, to help me organize some of my pics and info for my trip.  If anyone does care and wants to check it out and discuss, then that's an added bonus for me.  But you don't have to waste your time reading and posting in my thread if you don't care.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 07:00:16 AM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2011, 06:57:11 AM »
I just got back home safe.  Many blessings on my trip, I am very thankful for everything.  Expect a steady stream of pics and info from my trip to be posted up in this thread over the coming months.  (I didn't want to post up anything while I was away, because I spend too much damn time on the net back here in America, and Africa was my time to get out and live a different life) 

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2011, 09:20:28 PM »
i cant wait til i see Africa (all of it)

Muhfukka

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2011, 11:39:33 AM »
seriously though how does infants gay little travel diary count as train of thought material? better yet just go ahead and delete this post like a bitch

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2011, 12:08:22 PM »
who's the one deleting posts?

Anunikke

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2011, 12:26:17 PM »
seriously though how does infants gay little travel diary count as train of thought material? better yet just go ahead and delete this post like a bitch
Pretty much.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2011, 12:42:59 PM »
people hating, but thats just corny, such a high precentage of americans never leave their home town, or their state, or america, something like going to africa is amazing... however, being the super whiteboy that i am i aspire to go to europe cause that is of more interest to me. i havent done nearly enough traveling and very much regret it (i have been to israel, canada, mexico, and well i wasnt born in america but that dont count)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2011, 01:06:46 AM »
people hating, but thats just corny, such a high precentage of americans never leave their home town, or their state, or america, something like going to africa is amazing... however, being the super whiteboy that i am i aspire to go to europe cause that is of more interest to me. i havent done nearly enough traveling and very much regret it (i have been to israel, canada, mexico, and well i wasnt born in america but that dont count)

i want to travel more, i heard south africa is alright. but ive been to mexico, canada, korea, china, japan (stopped there for a transfer), and italy.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2011, 09:35:57 PM »
Here's the first set of pics from my trip.  I will be resizing them and dropping some more info to go along with the pics later, but I just wanted to at least get something up for now...

Restaurant on first day in Senegal visiting the historical Goree Island (former slave island)

My guesthouse I rented for over a month in Gambia

My friend Idrissa's old home he grew up in as a boy, in the upcountry/province called Jowara, Gambia.  That shirt I'm wearing was a going away gift from the head of the family.  They were all very good to me during my stay there with his family.

Pic of my friend Idrissa's extended family in the Provinces

Local eating spot close to my place in Gambia.  Usually we would eat, like 3 to 5, sometimes even 7 or 8 people around one big bowl of food.  I think eating like this brings people closer together, also the food tastes better and your less likely to overeat like this.

At Gambia's #1 nightclub, chilling out before Viviane N'Dour and the Jolof Band take the stage  (much more on this later)

Reggae concert in Gambia, Jamaican artists Busy Signal performing.  Had to stop the show at one point because he was overcome with emotion, crying saying it was his first show he's ever done in Africa.

My homie from Lebanon, Muhammad, with us at the Busy Signal concert, speaks fluent Wolof, Arabic, French and English. Alot of Lebanese families that have been living in Senegal/Gambia for around around a century.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 06:41:43 AM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2011, 10:11:19 PM »
This thread doesn't belong in this section. A mod should put it in the g spot

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2011, 06:32:24 AM »

nice post, I appreciate that, and I wish you the best in your future travels to Europe. 

Some people travel for work, some people travel for fun.  For me, I travel to find myself.  Because the world is a big place, and what you need or identify with may not always be right at your doorstep.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2011, 06:35:47 AM »

i want to travel more, i heard south africa is alright. but ive been to mexico, canada, korea, china, japan (stopped there for a transfer), and italy.

I've been to Mexico and Canada, never had any desire to go to Japan or China.  Yeah, I've heard South Africa is nice, but from what I know you may not get a whole lot of local African culture if you go there, just because it is more of a mix of cultures, with whites who have lived there for decades/centuries, and also large populations of people from the Indian subcontinent, and I think even Japanese.