Author Topic: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio  (Read 35713 times)

DreTendo

• Lil Geezy
Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2010, 03:26:44 AM »
I'm over an hour late to work cause I was bumping this on repeat on my beats for nearly an hour and a half! The track is banging, got a new sound but still sounds vintage. Can't remember last time I heard snoop sound that good, glad Kobe's on it  aswell. The best Wescoast banger since Still Dre. I am loving this, need to keep pinching myself though.

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2010, 03:29:31 AM »
i still doubt detox.
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2010, 03:43:26 AM »
this just made my day.

bassline and piano is just...

dnjp4life

« Reply #138 on: November 16, 2010, 03:44:05 AM »
I can't believe it's here, after all these years of waiting we are finally getting closer to hearing Detox!  All of the naysayers who doubted this album can go eat a fat one right now. 

This is a banging first single, if that's what it is.  Snoop sounds tight, the beat is dope, this will blow up in the clubs and get serious airplay for sure.  The only thing I'm not that big a fan of is the Akon part, but after waiting so damn long I really don't care that it's not 'perfect' for a Dre song, and I suppose having Akon on it will give the song more mainstream appeal. 

Should be getting some Beats headphones soon too, so I'm sure Kush will sound dope on those  8) 8)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #139 on: November 16, 2010, 03:52:35 AM »
I don't know if we're all listening to the same version, just found this one that is 3:54 long, love how the beat rides out at the end:

http://www.inflexwetrust.com/2010/11/15/dr-dre-ft-snoop-dogg-and-akon-kush/

MistaNova

« Reply #140 on: November 16, 2010, 03:55:15 AM »
Dope 8).
Better than Under Pressure by a long shot. Hope the final/official version has a thicker and sicker bass.

Sounds like Clyde Carson at the beginning of the track.
I wish. But I think it's Kobe.

TRG

« Reply #141 on: November 16, 2010, 04:09:19 AM »
Definitely Kobe

EnzoUK

« Reply #142 on: November 16, 2010, 04:18:21 AM »
another link i came across to the track if the others die:

http://tinyurl.com/32vs3aw

im happy something dropped but the track just seems to lack substance and seems unimaginative, beat is  8), but dres verse is just... 11 years for this  ??? the track is pretty solid, but if it takes him 10 years to make this kind of music, there is a problem.

sounds good on my beats thou  8) looking foward to seeing the visuals
Twitter: @EnzoUK

Cios

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #143 on: November 16, 2010, 04:29:29 AM »
I don't have much words for this, I'm glad the long awaited single is finally here.
I'm really diggin' this track, insane effects going on in the background. Dre & Snoop both had dope verses and the hook is fine.

I can definatly see this ending up in a dope video.

Is it on the same level as Still Dre for example? I don't think so, but only time will tell. I need to hear the full album first.

Young Old Head

Cash Money Blood Gang

KrazySumwhat

Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #145 on: November 16, 2010, 04:50:16 AM »
 I prolly made a mistake reading all the comments first cos this didnt live up to all of that. I wont judge a track with so much anticipation and expectation after only one listen through, especially through my head phones.
 Sounded good but didnt really have instant appeal, found my head nodding more as the track went on though.
 Looking foward to playing it through my boom box an in car. Wanna hear it drunk also.

MistaNova

Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #146 on: November 16, 2010, 04:51:45 AM »
I bet this'll be the next beat Crooked I'll freestyle over in HHR, if he ever gets the beat that is.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Akon, Snoop Dogg and Nate Dogg (AUDIO LEAKED) !!
« Reply #147 on: November 16, 2010, 04:58:02 AM »
I mena its cool but no way this is fire. Good song will get old quick.... this album to me is just too late... this record record should of came out when GUnit and eminem was strong in 2003 but u know im repeating myself and i hate when people complain about Detox.

I will buy it enjoy it for what it is.

Like i said song is cool
I agree with you 210%..song is cool,but nothing to run up and down the streets about...sounds like a pop club beat to me...now -still dre- had that raw hiphop feel to it.this will go away quick...beat is nothing new. :-\

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #148 on: November 16, 2010, 05:10:16 AM »
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

snoop

« Reply #149 on: November 16, 2010, 05:19:41 AM »
my theory:

1st single - kush - made to get dre playing in the clubs and get the word out about detox
2nd single - tbd - something along the lines of still dre or forgot about dre, feat eminem