Author Topic: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio  (Read 35789 times)

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

jaytee

Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #256 on: November 16, 2010, 12:27:17 PM »
A few years ago, I would be really disappointed that I was late on the first Detox drop.  Now, it's like whatever.  I listened to it a few times and it's growing on me, but it's nothing mindblowing.  After listening to the Power 106 interview I felt a little about the song and the album as a whole.  Kush supposedly doesn't really represent the style or content of the album, so I am interested in seeing where the direction of the next release is headed.  

It's always great to have a Dre & Snoop collab, even if it doesn't come close to the Chronic/Doggystyle days.  It isn't fair to make a comparison of any of their recent or future collabos to what they did in the past.  Too much has changed between them as individuals and music as a whole to expect that.  After waiting for Detox for almost 10 years, I'm not expecting a classic.  I just want a good album.  

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #257 on: November 16, 2010, 12:28:22 PM »
 After waiting for Detox for almost 10 years, I'm not expecting a classic.  I just want a good album.  
8)

teecee

« Reply #258 on: November 16, 2010, 12:28:59 PM »
Dope interview...he made it a point to twice say that Kush isn't representative of the rest of the album, content and sound wise.   Sounds like he didn't want it to be the first single, but he's gonna roll with it now.   I think it'll be the warm-up song, and then he's gonna hit us with that next shit.

Luvin Kush, but like most of ya'll, wish someone besides Akon was on there

the mastered version is even better

Stan

« Reply #259 on: November 16, 2010, 12:33:36 PM »
the mastered version is even better

Anybody actually have the polished, full, mastered track???

Whenever you get it start a new thread and post it!

Black Friday

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #260 on: November 16, 2010, 12:36:46 PM »
not sure if this the final version or if someone just boosted the volume but here you guys go:

http://hulkshare.com/ltfrnvtkyty5

Matty

« Reply #261 on: November 16, 2010, 12:37:25 PM »
Anybody doubting, complaining, etc. NEEDS to listen to the interview! Dre pretty much says the West/Hip Hop in general is on his back and it's time to bring it back.

Oh and the OFFICIAL VERSION is out:

http://radiobigboy.com/?p=19291

Don't know if it'll get officially released to everyone, but it's official, Aftermath gave it to them.

So ya, it's official ladies and gentlemen, Dre's 1st single in 9 years! BTW, the final version sounds like much more is going on with more effects, mixed better, and just overall sounds better to me.

props. sounds very similar to the leak except slightly cleaner vocals, boomier bass and even harder hitting clap/snare sounds. that'll be the one to bump 8)

Matty

« Reply #262 on: November 16, 2010, 12:39:39 PM »
not sure if this the final version or if someone just boosted the volume but here you guys go:

http://hulkshare.com/ltfrnvtkyty5

doesn't sound as good as the one playing on the radio...but having the instrumental is nice 8)

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
« Reply #263 on: November 16, 2010, 12:40:03 PM »
FUCK akon

Hold up, wait a minute, why did u waste your 2000th post on such a statement.... :)
LMFAO!!

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #264 on: November 16, 2010, 12:49:48 PM »

In the story, Dr. Dre also reveals that Detox might be the last time fans will hear him rap. “I don’t ever see myself retiring totally from music, because I have a genuine love and passion for it,” he said. “But as far as me going into the mic booth, that shit is over. I’m always going to talent scout and try to find new artists to work with. But, yeah, that’s it. I don’t see myself doing it the way I’m doing it now. I’m in the studio at least five or six days a week for 16, 18 hours. I think I’m going to back off a little bit and spend some time with the family.”

With 27 years in the industry, Dre has experienced one of most successful runs in the game, but the mysterious legend is conflicted about his own legacy. “I have mixed emotions about it,” he said. “I think it’s incredible what I’ve done. A lot of sweat. But as an innovator, I look back and can’t help but go, Damn, there’s things I could’ve done better, you know?”

16-18 hours a day in the studio, and we only get to hear about 1% of the music recorded. THAT is the flaw in Dre's legacy... more than anything else.

Either way, Kush is dope as fuck. Can't wait to hear the final version. Also, I'm curious to see if Under Pressure gets resurrected for the album, I have a weird feeling that it will cuz the label is gonna demand a Jay-Z song, lol.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #265 on: November 16, 2010, 12:56:51 PM »
Wouldnt mind if they release more polished version of Under Pressure.

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #266 on: November 16, 2010, 12:56:51 PM »
Looks like the Interscope PR machine is kicking in, with the XXL interview and cover on the same day as the single.

Points from the radio interview:

- Dre's a few songs away from completing the album and was going in with Snoop today to talk about a few ideas. Said he needed more Snoop.

- Kush is the only track on that subject on Detox. Leaked earlier than expected and talked about finishing it off and putting it out properly (might mean the video?)

- A lot of people from his first two albums are featured heavily, no specifics. Said it wasn't possible to work with Nate on this, but hoped he could before the album was done.

- Detox hoping to be done by end of next month. Then he needs 30 days to mix it.

- Six videos.

- Working with Kendrick Lamar, Slim Da Mobster

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #267 on: November 16, 2010, 01:00:54 PM »
Looks like the Interscope PR machine is kicking in, with the XXL interview and cover on the same day as the single.

Points from the radio interview:

- Dre's a few songs away from completing the album and was going in with Snoop today to talk about a few ideas. Said he needed more Snoop.

- Kush is the only track on that subject on Detox. Leaked earlier than expected and talked about finishing it off and putting it out properly (might mean the video?)

- A lot of people from his first two albums are featured heavily, no specifics. Said it wasn't possible to work with Nate on this, but hoped he could before the album was done.

- Detox hoping to be done by end of next month. Then he needs 30 days to mix it.

- Six videos.

- Working with Kendrick Lamar, Slim Da Mobster

Would like to see Bishop on Detox, as well as Crooked I, guess that aint happening.

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #268 on: November 16, 2010, 01:10:41 PM »
Somebody update the thread title/first post with this link:

http://usershare.net/6ly89deygoda

It's the FINAL/OFFICIAL Aftermath version, albeit a clean radio rip. The real deal should be out soon though, if they are gonna push it. So I take it they are going for a Crack A Bottle type release here?

Stan

Dr. Dre - Kush (official versions)
« Reply #269 on: November 16, 2010, 01:14:10 PM »