Author Topic: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio  (Read 35755 times)

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #375 on: November 17, 2010, 07:22:29 AM »
wow the hype over this song is rediculous. the song isn't even that great  :laugh:
yeah people are really going over board with this song..it still has not hit me yet like still dre,or g-thang...sorry but u people are reaching for nothing.

darqawa

• 'G'
Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #376 on: November 17, 2010, 07:23:48 AM »

Also, doesn't the beat remind you of Let's Ride by Game?

No. Lets ride was way too simple

Yes it is simpler, but when I heard KUSH, the beat sounded somewhat familiar, not an absolute match, but it just sounds a bit the same IMO.  PEACE

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #377 on: November 17, 2010, 07:24:02 AM »
Goddamn. what a sound. And some one said dre aint even best wc producer. fuck out here. god damn. :o :o :o
Now thats just OVER DOING IT. :grumpy:

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #378 on: November 17, 2010, 07:40:26 AM »
Radio rip makes it sound better, still too noisy for my taste and not sold on the arrangement.  Good song, but flawed.  I'll wait for a more "representative" track to leak and hope for a musical direction more to my liking  :)

Stop hating man!  This instrumental is doper than 99.99% of the rap shit that has come out in the past few years.  If he added anything else to it it would just get convoluted.  Its fuckin busy!  Complete opposite from boring or repetitive   :o

Edit: Good song but flawed?  Lmao you gotta be kidding me.  Please tell me a song that is not flawed in some way?  You could nit pick at everything...

Oh, please.  Don't even start that.  :P  I'm not putting anybody down for liking this song, so no reason to call me a hater.  If you like this sound, then great.  I'm happy for you.  This song just isn't for me.  It's a narrow song -- it doesn't break out of its specific genre convention of a hip hop club track circa 2010.  Since I'm not into that "sound," I don't like this song.  That doesn't make me a hater.  And I can think of many songs without any MAJOR flaws.  They might not have MAJOR notable elements to them, either, but they have no particular flaws.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Jome

« Reply #379 on: November 17, 2010, 08:01:12 AM »
320kbps

Dirty
Instrumental

Damn, this is crisp, clean and knocking like we like it, props.  8)

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #380 on: November 17, 2010, 08:02:57 AM »
oh snap I’m in tears over here, emotional  :-[. Detox is finally coming.  :monkey: Played Kush at least 20 time so far.  :monkey:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 08:08:18 AM by PresidentUP »

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #381 on: November 17, 2010, 08:25:50 AM »
Dre's official website has been updated for the first time in how many years? haha

http://www.drdre.com/kush/

Invincible

« Reply #382 on: November 17, 2010, 08:37:22 AM »
wow the hype over this song is rediculous. the song isn't even that great  :laugh:

I'm going with this. The song is good, but nothing else. If/When the album comes out, it will probably end up the track that I skip everytime. It's nothing like listening to Still D.R.E. for the 1st time.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #383 on: November 17, 2010, 08:57:37 AM »
Still love it. You just can't go wrong with Dre and Snoop.

Oh and regarding Akon, this obviously has Nate Dogg written all over it but Akon did his thing. Don't mind him at all.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 09:00:09 AM by Meho »

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
« Reply #384 on: November 17, 2010, 09:13:17 AM »
Dre Retiring From The Mic??

West Coast legend Dr. Dre has announced his intention to hang up the microphone for good after the release of his highly-anticipated solo album, Detox.

Although Dre vows his rapping days are numbered, the Doc said he will always be involved with the music industry.

"I don't ever see myself retiring totally from music, because I have a genuine love and passion for it," he said. "But as far as me going into the mic booth, that sh*t is over. I'm always going to talent scout and try to find new artists to work with. But, yeah, that's it. I don't see myself doing it the way I'm doing it now. I'm in the studio at least five or six days a week for 16, 18 hours. I think I'm going to back off a little bit and spend some time with the family." (XXL Mag)

http://www.sohh.com/2010/11/dr_dre_announces_rap_retirement_going_in.html

Thoughts??.......

Mista Rosa

« Reply #385 on: November 17, 2010, 09:16:47 AM »
wow the hype over this song is ridiculous. the song isn't even that great  :laugh:

Same.  Locs & Dogs by Kokane is better than this song IMO.  No hate but some cats on here actin like its the 2nd coming of Jesus.  It also sounded like Dre tried to make his voice raspy like Game.  Tight as the pants on Will I Am sounds like some gay shit to me, is what a PIMP NAME SLICKBACK would say 8)

I feel u one the Kokane song. I mean i like Kush but it's just a good song to me, a good song among a lot of good westcoast songs.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 12:04:14 PM by mista rosa »
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #386 on: November 17, 2010, 09:18:22 AM »
WACK!WACK!WACK!WACK!WACK!WACK!WACK!WACK!WACK!WACK!WACK!WACK!WACK!WACK!WACK!WACK!WACK!WACK!WACK!WACK!WACK!WACK!WACK!WACK!WACK!

SOUNDS LIKE SHIT LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE OUT RIGHT NOW WHERE IS THAT GANGSTA WEST COAST SOUNDS SHIT DAZ AND SOOPAFLY THE ONES KEEPIN THAT SHIT GOING THE CORRECT WAY! FUCK this new Dre song weak! beats are basic the only thing thats catchy is the damn piano lick! fuck disappointed I guess these 10 years waiting was for nothing!

you waited 10 years for Dre to make the sound Daz does every few months?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #387 on: November 17, 2010, 09:22:54 AM »

No. Lets ride was way too simple
i disagree.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #388 on: November 17, 2010, 09:34:09 AM »
Dizzang, 16 pages?  :o ;D

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #389 on: November 17, 2010, 09:34:43 AM »
Dizzang, 16 pages?  :o ;D

i'm surprised it's not at 20 yet