Author Topic: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio  (Read 35811 times)

Bomb-Aź

Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #765 on: December 09, 2010, 10:52:50 AM »
I remember the first time I heard Still DRE like it was yesterday. It gave me goosebumps when that piano loop kicked in. This doesn't sound like a Dre single though. Maybe I've been away from hip-hop for too long so I'm not with the times, but it's not what I expected from Detox's first single. Not liking Dre's flow, I hate that Akon is even on it. Snoop sounds alright though. The beat is pretty average too.

Hopefully the rest of the album will be better.

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #766 on: December 09, 2010, 11:09:08 AM »
btw anyone whose listening to a mp3 version of this is completely missing the sonics of the drums in particular. the itunes m4a sounds a LOT better.

sonics of drums and fx won't help this mediocre song. in fact they won;t help any song. It's the same as with the movies.

snoop

« Reply #767 on: December 09, 2010, 11:39:22 AM »
I remember the first time I heard Still DRE like it was yesterday. It gave me goosebumps when that piano loop kicked in. This doesn't sound like a Dre single though. Maybe I've been away from hip-hop for too long so I'm not with the times, but it's not what I expected from Detox's first single. Not liking Dre's flow, I hate that Akon is even on it. Snoop sounds alright though. The beat is pretty average too.

I actually thought Still Dre was kinda average when I first heard it. Prob cause it wasn't what I was expecting. It grew on me really quick, and now it is one of my fav songs of all time.

Kush is growing on me too, but I look at it as more of a buzz track. I'm pretty sure the next single is going to be a little more along the lines of what we (people on this forum) are expecting.

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #768 on: December 09, 2010, 11:57:24 AM »

I actually thought Still Dre was kinda average when I first heard it. Prob cause it wasn't what I was expecting. It grew on me really quick, and now it is one of my fav songs of all time.

Kush is growing on me too, but I look at it as more of a buzz track. I'm pretty sure the next single is going to be a little more along the lines of what we (people on this forum) are expecting.

i hope you're right but in my opinion the next single is going to be what Jimmy is expecting. Music industry have change so much since 1999. Jimmy wants money and the only way for him to get his money is to release - let's call it pop-rap album. Interscope already did it with Eminem. Why wouldn't they do the same thing with Dre? I predict Detox is going to be more of a pop than rap album.

Blood$

« Reply #769 on: December 09, 2010, 12:19:48 PM »
this thread is at 30 pages... safe to say this single did what it was supposed to, whether 100% of you like it or not

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #770 on: December 09, 2010, 12:58:14 PM »
I remember the first time I heard Still DRE like it was yesterday. It gave me goosebumps when that piano loop kicked in.

Yep, that song is amazing. Timeless classic. I remember that people who only listen to pop or rock or metal or techno, whatever and dont like rap-hip hop were all enjoying this song. Its hard to achieve that. Kush is a nice song but nowhere near Still DRE or NExt Episode.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Stan

« Reply #771 on: December 09, 2010, 01:47:32 PM »
I was very disappointed when I first heard Still Dre, and so were my friends.  We were all hoping for that G Thang sound, that nice high-pitched synth that a million producers jacked.
After giving it some time Still Dre began to grow one me.  Then The Watcher came out and I realized you can't hang on to the past, this shit was new.  You had to grow or die with the music.

I think the same thing will happen all over again.... people will complain at first then a year later people will jump on the bandwagon, you'll see...

Still Dre is now one of my favourite songs. 

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #772 on: December 09, 2010, 01:49:35 PM »
Akon is not bad at all on the track, all of you are just stuck in time and wanna hear nate dogg. If he could have got nate on this he would have. Everyone is just expecting too much. Throw all your expectations and needs (what you want it to sound like) out the window and just listen to the music. Kush is a good buzz single not still dre level at all but it's some shit to bang whle we're waiting on this. 8/10 solid song

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #773 on: December 09, 2010, 03:00:33 PM »

i hope you're right but in my opinion the next single is going to be what Jimmy is expecting. Music industry have change so much since 1999. Jimmy wants money and the only way for him to get his money is to release - let's call it pop-rap album. Interscope already did it with Eminem. Why wouldn't they do the same thing with Dre? I predict Detox is going to be more of a pop than rap album.
well Dre pleased interscope with 2001, don't forget that

this thread is at 30 pages... safe to say this single did what it was supposed to, whether 100% of you like it or not
but this is a west coast music forum, so that wasn't hard  :laugh:

Akon is not bad at all on the track, all of you are just stuck in time and wanna hear nate dogg. If he could have got nate on this he would have. Everyone is just expecting too much. Throw all your expectations and needs (what you want it to sound like) out the window and just listen to the music. Kush is a good buzz single not still dre level at all but it's some shit to bang whle we're waiting on this. 8/10 solid song
there are better singers out there than Akon, not just Nate.
but i admit, Akon has done worse features.

actually, Kush, Turn me on, Under pressure & I need a doctor have lowered my expectations
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 03:05:52 PM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

Matty

« Reply #774 on: December 09, 2010, 03:31:02 PM »
btw anyone whose listening to a mp3 version of this is completely missing the sonics of the drums in particular. the itunes m4a sounds a LOT better.

sonics of drums and fx won't help this mediocre song. in fact they won;t help any song. It's the same as with the movies.

true.

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #775 on: December 09, 2010, 04:00:45 PM »
According to the latest issue of Billboard Magazine, DJ Khalil is listed as the sole producer. Dre's name is in the credits, it's the same lineup that was reported after Kush came out.

December 4, 2010 issue...

#49 ( New ) 1st week

Kush
DJ Khalil ( K. Rahman, A. Young, A. Thiam, A. Johnson II, D. Tannenbaum, A. Ransom, M. Jones III, B. Honeycutt )

For anyone that didn't check out the thread that posted the writing credits, its ( Khalil, Dre, Akon, Slim Da Mobster, Danny Keyz, Blaqhtoven, Krondon, Kobe )

Kush debuted at #49, before hitting #34 last week. In the updated charts for this week, it dropped to #58.

Paul

« Reply #776 on: December 09, 2010, 04:10:18 PM »
After the video comes out it will be at least top 10 imo
funkyfreshintheflesh

NoobCake

« Reply #777 on: December 09, 2010, 05:04:50 PM »
Actually the fact that this single is not doing well on the charts means the album will prolly be delayed again.  Interscope will want some buzz for the album and "Kush" ain't doing it.  Look for a new single to be released in the next couple of weeks, probably with Eminem.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #778 on: December 09, 2010, 05:07:38 PM »
No way Detox would come out in february i say late 2011

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #779 on: December 09, 2010, 06:55:13 PM »
I still think this is dope a track, you people are fucking fools for expecting some revolutionary bullshit, you all bought into the Detox hype

he needs to just put out the album in February and be done with this shit, then no more talk about Dre releasing an album because we'd all know once and for all there won't be another
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....