Author Topic: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio  (Read 35769 times)

Matty

Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #210 on: November 16, 2010, 09:52:13 AM »
Dr. Dre was just on Power 106 he talked about the leak and Detox.

So Kush leak is unfinished but they see people like it so they gon push it

Detox needs 2-3 more songs and than mastering and it should be done in a month

Snoop and the old roster is gonna be on the album, Kendrick Lamar too

He confirmed that its Sly not Nate

Kush is not what the album is gonna sound like its just one songs a weed smoking song but it will be on the record cuz its a fun track  8)

it's needed 2-3 more songs for months.

i think i prefer anything off 2001 compared to this in its current form. but makes sense it is unfinished, sounds far too sloppy, particularly the vocals. but even then, the beat isn't classic and the lyrics are far from memorable. could dre's verse be written by the game?

'hold up let me put some beats up in it' - more shameless headphone promotion makes it seem like a promo track, but if it's gonna be on the actual album hopefully this isn't reflective of the overall quality.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 09:56:15 AM by Matty »

Lunatic

Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #211 on: November 16, 2010, 09:52:41 AM »
So Kush leak is unfinished but they see people like it so they gon push it
Detox needs 2-3 more songs and then mastering and it should be done in a month
Snoop and the old roster is gonna be on the album, Kendrick Lamar too
Sounds good

First quarter 2011?  8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Matty

« Reply #212 on: November 16, 2010, 09:54:37 AM »
Kush is not what the album is gonna sound like

Glad to hear this.  Keeps me checking for this album as a result.  But hopefully Kush doesn't sound out of place on album, though.

the weed smoking song isn't even funky...

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #213 on: November 16, 2010, 09:56:49 AM »
People tend to overrate 2001

I don't think it's near The Chronic, and I don't think Detox will be near 2001.  2001 has the best technical polish I've ever heard, but as an artistic statement, I've always felt it was lackluster.  The Chronic is just pure art to me.  That was Dre's genius -- to take violent, misogynist subject matter, really heinous stuff on the surface, and turn it into art.

Sonically perhaps....but I can't understand people who complain about the lyrics. A Dre album has NEVER been about lyrics. And 2001 had some of the wackest lyrics I've heard.

I can't really see how you would call it art either. Dre's talent is making music that BUMPS. But as far as musical expression his productions have always been very simple and basic.  

Matty

« Reply #214 on: November 16, 2010, 09:59:42 AM »

I don't think it's near The Chronic, and I don't think Detox will be near 2001.  2001 has the best technical polish I've ever heard, but as an artistic statement, I've always felt it was lackluster.  The Chronic is just pure art to me.  That was Dre's genius -- to take violent, misogynist subject matter, really heinous stuff on the surface, and turn it into art.

Sonically perhaps....but I can't understand people who complain about the lyrics. A Dre album has NEVER been about lyrics. And 2001 had some of the wackest lyrics I've heard.

I can't really see how you would call it art either. Dre's talent is making music that BUMPS. But as far as musical expression his productions have always been very simple and basic.  

he means the artistic merit of the OG Chronic.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #215 on: November 16, 2010, 10:01:53 AM »
oooh man, i'm excited for Detox again :D

this song is really cool. shame i've got shitty earphones though, need to burn it onto cd to appreciate it even more 8)
:eh:

what exactly is difficult to understand about that? ???
nothing, i just find it a little weird.
i respect your taste though

Akon? Kobe? Auto-Tune?

Sounds just like the rest of the commercial bubblegum pop playing in a JD sports store.

About as lyrical as a Sarah Palin speech, some basic piano keys, a hook designed for cheese-clubs where people cant even smoke.

This is for Jimmy Iovines target audience, nothing for the b-boys.

I thought Dre set hip-hop trends, now he just following.

Hopefully it's just a dud amongst an album full of bangers.
lol, well put.

anyway, i think this is better than Under pressure, but it sounds like a 'hey let's make a single that sounds like the other songs on the radio' song.
i'd say it doesn't sound like Dre's signature 'westcoast' sound.

anyway, i know opinions differ, but i find the praise for this a little weird, when looking at some of the complaints about Dre's other 'recent' work. not saying that you were complaining though.

it's not what i want to hear.
i prefer something that sounds closer to the stuff that Dre has done for other artists in the last few years.
Dre can do much better

the piano part is alright, but Dre has much better instrumentals wich piano in it, wouldn't you agree?

I agree with all the stuff you said here...

To me it's basically a Dre piano beat, but sped up a bit, some sort of club effects, and make it sound like a cross between a regular Dre piano beat crossed with any hit on the radio right now

I mean, it's way better than the stuff I hear on the radio, but to me, this is still just a jump-on-the-bandwagon thing of putting Akon on a hook, get some autotune, have a faster tempo for the club

I was hoping for something more... HipHop I guess, though it's pretty cool, it's not wack or anything, just kind of conservative.
Stuff like Flashy and Topless were better to me - harder and more HipHop
yeah and more sounding like 'Dre' ;)

by the way, beat sounds similar to Touch it by Busta Rhymes

so its the beat from the lebron beats ad! i think i preferred it in instrumental form (you could hear it real clearly if you listened closely in the ad). not a fan of akon on here...the song sounds a little messy vocal wise and empty with the beat (unfinished/unmixed?) but still very bumpable cause of the head cracking clap sounds and epic piano.

dre's verse is also not memorable and extremely short. now don't get upset detox fanboys (i'm supposed to be one of the biggest right?), just giving some serious opinion on this. also, what's with the version that's almost 4 minutes long and instrumental stuff going on at the end. anyway, i'm calling unfinished/unmixed cause as it is this a serious step down for a dre single. as a buzz track, more acceptable.
hypeman Matty strikes again

Shit is defintately hot and should blow the fuck up . . that being said, I don't think this is on that Still DRE/GThang/etc. level when it comes to smashing the game. Don't get me wrong, it's a good single in today's market, but for the motherfuckin DOCTOR, I think it could have been better. Whatever though, after Under Pressure, this IS Still Dre p2. And ya, Nate on that hook would have been IT for me. Oh and keys are the shit, fuck if it's "outdated".
nah man, this is song should be called 'i want radioplay'

Do you really expect a non-pop track? Most of dre's songs are targeted at radioplay. Lets get High, Next Episode, Bad Intentions etc.
no. i know that Dre makes mainstream music & i think he's quite good at it, but this single sounds less like Dre, even though he produced it.
same counts for Under pressure & Turn me on

That's why I'm not disappointed in this song. People tend to overrate 2001 without going back and listening to the actual songs and the quality of the lyrics. Obviously this isn't on the level of a Still Dre or Forgot About Dre, but after listening to it a few times I think its better than several 2001 cuts.
well it's no secret that a lot of people on here like 2001.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #216 on: November 16, 2010, 10:02:49 AM »

What exactly makes it more artistic than the rest of hip hop? It samples Funk extensively

Lol @ people making something deeper than it is.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #217 on: November 16, 2010, 10:04:27 AM »
Ooooh weeeeeeee  ;D

This shit is firee, not on still dre/next episode game changing shit, but this be some dre shit. lol@people not expecting radio friendly shit for a first single, it was going to be a club joint regardless. And i said right from the very start, detox is a title and possibly a loose theme for the album but if cats thinkin dre was not going to have some club/weed shit on his album, y'all sleepin.

I can see this getting alot of cats mad, Snoop killin it, all the snoop haters gon be mad, dre sounding alive rather than the sleepy bishop shit he be on for a minute, akon killin it, this being club and radio friendly and all this and it still BANGS!

'holla at my niggy' akon comes straight!

Dre and snoop still the on that shit together, y'all gon be mad lol,  

detox could possibly be coming....within the next decade haha

« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 10:06:01 AM by LyRiCaL_G »

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #218 on: November 16, 2010, 10:06:27 AM »
First like 6 pages are sayin its dope, and then its goin worse. Funny thing is that its the same people changin their opinions, just like that, from 'CRAZY PIANO! DETOX IS COMIN!' to 'ah, thats not 2001.. average song'..
I wasnt checkin the forum posts from 2001 nearbys, but i guess inside opinions were exactly the same. .. "Its not the chronic, what tha fuck it is, some dance record" .. but i might be wrong

Well, i still like it. Its not the classic song, that will be remembered that much, but its definetly not scarin me off. Im definetly more hyped bout detox. Since thats what i was expecting.

2nd thing is that, Dre probably went through hundreds of videos of people imitating Dre's style on youtube (which are total fail, not even sound like Dre ever), and he probably believed that its really his style.. and now we got this piano beat ;)

btw
I think 'Nate Dogg' on it, its the same guy who did voclas on 'underdog', but im not really sure, since i only heard real low, changed-voice part of him on it.

and where I'm Wayne Dready bitch?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 10:08:36 AM by Pere »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #219 on: November 16, 2010, 10:06:41 AM »
Shit is defintately hot and should blow the fuck up . . that being said, I don't think this is on that Still DRE/GThang/etc. level when it comes to smashing the game. Don't get me wrong, it's a good single in today's market, but for the motherfuckin DOCTOR, I think it could have been better. Whatever though, after Under Pressure, this IS Still Dre p2. And ya, Nate on that hook would have been IT for me. Oh and keys are the shit, fuck if it's "outdated".

Do you really expect a non-pop track? Most of dre's songs are targeted at radioplay. Lets get High, Next Episode, Bad Intentions etc.
no. i know that Dre makes mainstream music & i think he's quite good at it, but this single sounds less like Dre, even though he produced it.

You shouldn't be expecting something sounding like his previous work, considering he has a habit of moving on to different sounds. N.W.A didn't sound like the Chronic, the Chronic didn't sound like 2001, etc.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #220 on: November 16, 2010, 10:08:40 AM »
And i said right from the very start, detox is a title and possibly a loose theme for the album but if cats thinkin dre was not going to have some club/weed shit on his album, y'all sleepin.
well it's not strange for some to think that, as Dre was tired of others rapping about blunts and stuff.

you never know with Dre, one moment he says it's a party album, what's next?

You shouldn't be expecting something sounding like his previous work, considering he has a habit of moving on to different sounds. N.W.A didn't sound like the Chronic, the Chronic didn't sound like 2001, etc.
true.
i know he switches up from time to time, but somehow there's something different going on.
it's like he forgot his own formula. i'm not saying he shouldn't experiment, but don't forget your own identity.

and where I'm Wayne Dready bitch?
bumping this in the basement
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 10:17:46 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

Lucifuge

« Reply #221 on: November 16, 2010, 10:09:23 AM »
U tell that Still Dre isn't sound like everthing at the radio back in the days. fuck off
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 10:25:44 AM by Lucifuge »
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Matty

« Reply #222 on: November 16, 2010, 10:11:59 AM »

What exactly makes it more artistic than the rest of hip hop? It samples Funk extensively

Lol @ people making something deeper than it is.

nothing. but some people find hip-hop at its best to be a strong artistic expression, for various reasons. if you want to degrade the music to a lower status because of sampling or you find no value in it beyond bumping beats, that's your opinion.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #223 on: November 16, 2010, 10:14:51 AM »

Kush sounds like it could be on 2001.  Same instrumentation, by and large.  And as far as what makes The Chronic "art," well, that's a reeeeally open ended question that I have no time to write 10,000 words about.  I mean, what makes the Mona Lisa such a great painting when I could just get a brush and an easel and just paint some girl's face.  Wouldn't it be the same?  No.  I suggest you take some art/music appreciation classes, because giving you the answer to your question is like opening a pandora's box.  And the best way to answer your question is for you to go on your own journey of discovering what makes classic art, classic art.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

rawdogginit

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #224 on: November 16, 2010, 10:15:38 AM »
SOUNDS FUCKING FANTASTIC ON MY BEATS HEADPHONES!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)