Author Topic: why is dre doing 6 music videos?  (Read 1097 times)

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
Re: why is dre doing 6 music videos?
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 04:37:40 PM »
smh... complete ignorance. film is an art form, by taking your time and actually making great videos you can make something new worth enjoying. why NOT make a video?

I would love if Dre made a Runaway-esque movie.

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2010, 04:40:38 PM »
i hope he'll direct at least some of them.
Also i would appreciate alot of huge cameos.

The D.O.C and

acgrundy

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 05:10:50 PM »
smh... complete ignorance. film is an art form, by taking your time and actually making great videos you can make something new worth enjoying. why NOT make a video?

I would love if Dre made a Runaway-esque movie.

yeah, maybe ignorance on your part

The corporate music industry is a money making industry, NOT an art festival.

Interscope doesn't give a shit about art.  They only care about making profits.  A label like Interscope doesn't let its artists decide if they want to make videos...not even Dre.  He has some say I'm sure, but bottom line, the exec's at interscope have to approve it.

Trip Dee

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2010, 05:54:41 AM »
maybe they gon do like 3 high-budget videos and 3 directed by dah dah...

btw, detox supposed to be 10 tracks long, right? why doin vids for 60% of the album?  i think they should shoot 10 and put the DVD out.

JML-G

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2010, 06:01:56 AM »
looks like we actually will get some music from Dre and now muthafucka isnt happy that there is too much shit from him.. what an idiot

doggfather

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2010, 06:10:21 AM »
because he can do it.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

DjKeyz

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 06:14:05 AM »
looks like we actually will get some music from Dre and now muthafucka isnt happy that there is too much shit from him.. what an idiot

Fucking true, I really can't understand this guy.

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2010, 08:50:57 AM »

Fucking true, I really can't understand this guy.

well i can. just like somebody have told it before. 6 videos will probably mean 6 mainstream friendly songs. Unfortunately after hearing Kush i'm far from believing that Dre wants to change anything in nowadays mainstream rap. No, he (or Jimmy or both) wants to earn as much $ as possible so they just trying to fit recent radio standards. Some of you guys must be deaf if you hear anything special in "Kush". Damn...this song would fit even Lady Gaga's album (just replace rap verses with Lady Gaga and leave the chorus). There's nothing different than this poppy shit except the piano chords.

So basiclly, there are many people like me who don't feel Kush that much because it's just another poppy single. And these people hope this is one of 2 or 3 songs that are supposed to make units. But 6 videos probably means 6 radio friendly songs... that makes half an album...

i'm so happy Detox is coming but i'm afraid it will flop. flop musically. i'm almost sure it will make a commercial success

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2010, 09:40:15 AM »
well radio friendly doesn't have to be a bad thing, look at his past albums.

it's just the supposed timbaland influence that bothers me

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2010, 11:03:21 AM »

yes. i know radio friendly doesn't mean bad. Maybe i wasn;t clear in my previous post.

I was trying to say that after hearing "Kush" i'm afraid Dre is just going to follow recent trends on Detox. I'm afraid we can forget about the fresh air in recent mainstream hip hop. And recent mainstream hip hop is just bad. It lacks fat drumbeats, it lacks simplicity (yes! simplicity!) it lacks "bounce effect", it doesn't make you wanna bang your head to the wall. Instead of that we have too complex beats with load of shitty effects, synthesizers and stuff... most of you guys forgot that simple beats are the best beast (still dre for example)....

and radio friendly song doesn't need chick singing on a hook... or a male popstar singing on the hook like he was a gay. Look at the 2001 singles - Still DRE (no singing hook), Forgot About Dre (no singing hook), Next Episode (some singing moments with Nate - but this man was singing like a MAN!). Sorry to say that but nowadays mainstream rap is for females or retarded males or gay males or emo suicidals. If Dre follows this trend Detox will be an album for the retards.... that's just my opinion.

PS. Damn... Kush is one of few weed songs that doesn't make me wanna roll a blunt....
PS. It's not that i don't like singing hooks. Maybe i'm just too heterosexual to stand gay hooks.... ;)

« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 11:10:38 AM by shoo »

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2010, 11:41:43 AM »
Outside of the US they still play music videos lol Ive got like literally 25 music channels which do nothing but play videos all day long and im in the UK

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2010, 01:38:01 PM »

yes. i know radio friendly doesn't mean bad. Maybe i wasn;t clear in my previous post.

I was trying to say that after hearing "Kush" i'm afraid Dre is just going to follow recent trends on Detox. I'm afraid we can forget about the fresh air in recent mainstream hip hop. And recent mainstream hip hop is just bad. It lacks fat drumbeats, it lacks simplicity (yes! simplicity!) it lacks "bounce effect", it doesn't make you wanna bang your head to the wall. Instead of that we have too complex beats with load of shitty effects, synthesizers and stuff... most of you guys forgot that simple beats are the best beast (still dre for example)....

and radio friendly song doesn't need chick singing on a hook... or a male popstar singing on the hook like he was a gay. Look at the 2001 singles - Still DRE (no singing hook), Forgot About Dre (no singing hook), Next Episode (some singing moments with Nate - but this man was singing like a MAN!). Sorry to say that but nowadays mainstream rap is for females or retarded males or gay males or emo suicidals. If Dre follows this trend Detox will be an album for the retards.... that's just my opinion.

PS. Damn... Kush is one of few weed songs that doesn't make me wanna roll a blunt....
PS. It's not that i don't like singing hooks. Maybe i'm just too heterosexual to stand gay hooks.... ;)

oh yeah i'm with you. i like Dre's simple stuff actually.

SO PRUP

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2010, 02:14:49 PM »
dumb thread

BiggBoogaBiff

Stan

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2010, 02:15:39 PM »
Well maybe your actually gay?  People who have to prove their heterosexuality are actually gay more often than not.  

You mentioned the word several times in your post which had me raise an eyebrow.  If you think about dicks when you smoke a blunt maybe you should self-reflect.