Author Topic: J. Cole hints at Dr Dre collaboration  (Read 288 times)

woof

J. Cole hints at Dr Dre collaboration
« on: November 17, 2010, 04:33:20 PM »
Dr. Dre paid J. Cole the ultimate compliment when he said that he was a fan. But this isn’t exactly news to the Roc Nation rapper. Cole reveals to Rap-Up.com that he has met the hip-hop icon before and the two may even have a collaboration in the bag.

Without disclosing too much, Cole acknowledges that he and Dre have something brewing. “I did some work with Dr. Dre, without going any further than that,” he says.

When asked if he will make the super-producer’s long-awaited Detox album or if Dre will contribute to his debut, the tight-lipped MC laughs, “I hope so,” adding, “I will tell you he’s incredible, absolutely incredible. He has life-changing music.”

One thing he would share were his thoughts on Dre’s newly leaked single “Kush.” “I think that’s dope. That’s a very, very classic Dr. Dre-sounding record. I love the Snoop [verse], I love the hook, I love the raps, it’s really dope. I already know what a Dr. Dre mix is gonna do to that [record].”

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: J. Cole hints at Dr Dre collaboration
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 07:41:48 PM »
That would be realy cool for him. I could imagine it being a dream to record with Dr dre. JCole is nice to listen too also.
Havent heard much from him yet but what i heard was realy good.

Matty

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 08:27:57 PM »
Dr. Dre paid J. Cole the ultimate compliment when he said that he was a fan. But this isn’t exactly news to the Roc Nation rapper. Cole reveals to Rap-Up.com that he has met the hip-hop icon before and the two may even have a collaboration in the bag.

Without disclosing too much, Cole acknowledges that he and Dre have something brewing. “I did some work with Dr. Dre, without going any further than that,” he says.

When asked if he will make the super-producer’s long-awaited Detox album or if Dre will contribute to his debut, the tight-lipped MC laughs, “I hope so,” adding, “I will tell you he’s incredible, absolutely incredible. He has life-changing music.”

Shame he never releases that particular music.

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 11:58:33 PM »
J Cole is really dope I'd love to hear him on detox

I_ThePope_I

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 12:01:49 AM »
If J. Cole is on Detox he will have the best verse on the whole album, by far.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 12:42:29 AM »
Would be dope as hell.

kemizt

MistaNova

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 03:44:32 AM »
If J. Cole is on Detox he will have the best verse on the whole album, by far.