Author Topic: Snoop Dogg live on Letterman performing "Get The Funk Out Of My Face"  (Read 475 times)

Si-Chiggedy

Yesterday Snoop was on Letterman where they hade Quincy Jones as guest. To present his new CD they invited Snoop to perform "Get The Funk Out Of My Face" live on stage. You can see Terrace Martin play the sax and Soopafly on the keys - great performance. Snoop's second verse is kinda weak though.
Check it:

!
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Mehdi

• 'G'
Re: Snoop Dogg live on Letterman performing "Get The Funk Out Of My Face"
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 05:36:18 PM »
Not bad at all   8) 8) 8), Luv the Funk and Snoop Duz it , Soopafly is a very good musician he is very underated , Terrace Martin plays a bunch of instruments ITS MUSIC

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 05:42:40 PM »
Good Music Good Vibe... still waiting on that Snoopadeliks album!

Matty

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 06:38:44 PM »
very dope! 8)

this track is great, probably the best on that quincy compilation and the funkiest thing snoop has done in a while.

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 10:33:50 PM »
at least he didn't spell his name this time
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 04:19:22 PM »
Good Music Good Vibe... still waiting on that Snoopadeliks album!

hell yeah, that would be great!
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 05:59:28 PM »
Good stuff.  This is the kind of music I thought back in the 90s that Snoop would move onto by now.  Keeping the funk, but graduating onto mature funk rather than g-funk.  Instead, he went into a totally different direction, trying to appeal to 15-year old girls in the shopping malls.  I mean, if Snoop would just make a full album of this kind of mature funk rap, I don't think anybody would have a problem with it -- we would like the funk, the media guys wouldn't have a problem with it because the lyrics wouldn't be violent, it would be good for his image because it would be mature but at the same time, still good music, because Snoop is at his best when he's doing FUNK.  Plus, he would get a larger, more grownup audience, because this sort of music can play on 94.7 The Wave in L.A. and so forth, which his current bubblegum trash can't.  I don't know why Snoop doesn't go permanently in this direction.  It's our loss.  Hopefully, he begins to realize that this is the type of music we want to hear him do.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 10:39:50 PM »
nice performance

WCoastTillIDie

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 11:21:30 PM »
Good stuff.  This is the kind of music I thought back in the 90s that Snoop would move onto by now.  Keeping the funk, but graduating onto mature funk rather than g-funk.  Instead, he went into a totally different direction, trying to appeal to 15-year old girls in the shopping malls.  I mean, if Snoop would just make a full album of this kind of mature funk rap, I don't think anybody would have a problem with it -- we would like the funk, the media guys wouldn't have a problem with it because the lyrics wouldn't be violent, it would be good for his image because it would be mature but at the same time, still good music, because Snoop is at his best when he's doing FUNK.  Plus, he would get a larger, more grownup audience, because this sort of music can play on 94.7 The Wave in L.A. and so forth, which his current bubblegum trash can't.  I don't know why Snoop doesn't go permanently in this direction.  It's our loss.  Hopefully, he begins to realize that this is the type of music we want to hear him do.

Out of all the posts I've agreed with (not that many these days,) I have never agreed more than this one.  If snoop read what you wrote, hopefully he'd agree because I am 100% behind you.  I've been saying this for a long time now!

nad45

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 07:22:21 AM »

Out of all the posts I've agreed with (not that many these days,) I have never agreed more than this one.  If snoop read what you wrote, hopefully he'd agree because I am 100% behind you.  I've been saying this for a long time now!

Like Dre said in Murder Was The Case DVD : The future of Funk? It's  Snoop Dogg
He was wrong.

Will_B

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2010, 11:55:53 AM »

Agree.

The Snoopadelics album needs to be done. Tone Trezure on backing vocals there too. Unmistakable sound.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 07:14:07 PM »
Doggystyle 2 should be like this
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2010, 06:59:56 AM »
Yesterday Snoop was on Letterman where they hade Quincy Jones as guest. To present his new CD they invited Snoop to perform "Get The Funk Out Of My Face" live on stage. You can see Terrace Martin play the sax and Soopafly on the keys - great performance. Snoop's second verse is kinda weak though.
Check it:

!

& Carlos McSwain on the drums

Will_B

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2010, 09:21:34 AM »
Sure. Los is the man. Amazing musician:)