Author Topic: Hopsin - "Raw" drops today.  (Read 749 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Hopsin - "Raw" drops today.
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2010, 04:19:33 PM »
You show me somebody in 2010 that raps, sings his own hooks, produces his own beats & mixes & masters his entire album by himself & I'd be in shock.

Hop is so ill. 8)
Roc marciano? Necro?

Radiotube knows more about hip-hop than you.

This album is five times better than "Marcberg"; but that was pretty tight too.

Regardless, I meant somebody in the mainstream game. A guy like Hopsin with all that talent & doesn't get anything for it; shame.

& you constantly shit on Slaughterhouse & support Gucci Mane, so I wouldn't be pointing fingers, kiddo.

Hopsin isn't mainstream

CLEARLY not lol.

Point being, shame a man so talented doesn't get the shine that Wayne gets to recite lyrics that are written for him.

It's unfortunate, but just the way it is & will always be, I suppose.

Shame for him and like 100 other underground rappers who will never blow up.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2010, 03:46:58 AM »
 I wont judge him too quickly but after hearing one song i put him ths same catergory ans top dogg nad the realest or ahh, that guy that sounded alot like Biggie. iam sure that you can guess why.(he's prolly more talented but they all got something in common).

Lucifuge

« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2010, 06:42:06 AM »
Bigi?  :o goddamn u are going off topic big time. :o :o ??? ??? ::) ::)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

MistaNova

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2010, 07:24:55 AM »
I haven't listened to Hop since he dropped Funk Volume, I'm only a few cuts deep but dude's still the same prospect he was back then 8).

Anunikke

« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2010, 07:25:42 AM »
I think it's more important for underground rappers to gain recognition among Hip-Hop heads than the mainstream audience.
But from what I've heard of hopsin this will not happen since he borrows so much of his style from eminem.

JohnnyL

« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2010, 08:46:08 AM »
 I don't think Hopsin sounds that much like Em.  I mean, I could see how one could make the case that their styles are similar.  But I wouldn't say identical. His delivery sounds a bit like Eminem's delivery from about 10 years ago, but his voice doesn't really sound anything like Eminem to me.  Subject matter-wise, I can see some similarities, particularly to Eminem's old stuff, but that could just be the dude's personality too.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2010, 08:47:49 AM »
Bigi?  :o goddamn u are going off topic big time. :o :o ??? ??? ::) ::)
U missed my point, top dogg-snoop biter, realest-pac wanna be, dude that sounds like biggie-biggie biter, hopsin-eminem wanna be.

I think it's more important for underground rappers to gain recognition among Hip-Hop heads than the mainstream audience.
But from what I've heard of hopsin this will not happen since he borrows so much of his style from eminem.
Pretty much.

I don't think Hopsin sounds that much like Em.  I mean, I could see how one could make the case that their styles are similar.  But I wouldn't say identical. His delivery sounds a bit like Eminem's delivery from about 10 years ago, but his voice doesn't really sound anything like Eminem to me.  Subject matter-wise, I can see some similarities, particularly to Eminem's old stuff, but that could just be the dude's personality too.
Yeah, delivery sounds almost exactly like the young Eminem.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2010, 08:57:34 AM »

Yeah, but Eminem admitted jacking his style from Cage & nobody cared about that.

Although that happened before the age of the message board & everybody thought they had to become extra critical when analyzing something lol.

JohnnyL

« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2010, 02:59:17 PM »

Yeah, but Eminem admitted jacking his style from Cage & nobody cared about that.

Although that happened before the age of the message board & everybody thought they had to become extra critical when analyzing something lol.

Good point.  I think you're on to something with the whole message board thing too.  Because back then, I don't remember very many people knowing who Cage was.  And many of the ones who did, only knew of him through the references made to him in Eminem's own songs. Now however, being that nearly every single person gets online, there would be more awareness of Cage, and consequently more awareness of Eminem sounding like him.

Anunikke

« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2010, 03:07:58 PM »
Every rapper borrowed at least some of their style from some rapper.
Mostly a select few of 80's rappers.

Still haven't checked out cage but noticed Em took some of his style from Masta Ace.

It's how much of the style you take and how you flip the style.
Pun was a G Rap clone, still a unique artist.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2010, 03:49:53 PM »
Still haven't checked out cage but noticed Em took some of his style from Masta Ace.

style from Cage, flow from Masta Ace

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2010, 03:23:41 AM »
 Hmm i guess your right that every rapper had influence from somewhere.
 I've never even heard of cage, i own one masta ace album on cassette but i was a kid back then and cant even remember it, dont recal EM soundin like ace but i aint heard ace in YEARS.
 Anyways as i said i wont judge Hopsin from ONE song.