Author Topic: Will Kush top the pop charts like Crack A Bottle did?  (Read 309 times)

2dog

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Will Kush top the pop charts like Crack A Bottle did?
« on: November 20, 2010, 04:13:24 AM »
If not then dre will drop a commercial 2nd single
Sig cut down, keep decent sized.

Can you picture 2dog's prophecy?
Stress in the city, the cops is hot for me
The projects is full of bullets, the bodies is droppin
There ain't no stoppin me

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca</a>

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Will Kush top the pop charts like Crack A Bottle did?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 07:22:22 AM »
At first I thought it might, but judging by the iTunes charts, it's been at #14 on the overall list for over a day now (and those charts update like every few hours or so). It started at a really high number and just cruised to the low 20's. Now it's sticking at 14, don't know if it's gonna go up or down. FYI its #2 on the hip hop singles.

thegooddoc

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 07:49:24 AM »
It isn't getting the same buzz as Crack a Bottle did.  Surprised that with Eminem's recent success, that he wasn't featured on the first single/leak. 

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 08:02:23 AM »
It isn't getting the same buzz as Crack a Bottle did.  Surprised that with Eminem's recent success, that he wasn't featured on the first single/leak. 

That's because it wasn't supposed to even be a single. People keep thinking this was intended as the first single, but it wasn't. Intentionally leaked or not, I'll take Dre's word for it when he says they didn't want this as the first single.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 08:20:29 AM »

Dre got shitted on when Under Pressure dropped, no Snoop on the single got Dre a lot of hate, I'm sure EM on a few joints on Detox, sadly
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 10:05:02 AM »
Just a little update, still dont know how much this matters, but the track peaked at #13 on iTunes overall list and #2 on the hip-hop list. It is now slowly sliding back up the chart.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 11:55:00 AM »
Video dropping usually bumps these things, most people don't know Kush exists yet

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 11:58:38 AM »
Video dropping usually bumps these things, most people don't know Kush exists yet

Co-sign. Once that video drops it is gonna blow up like nitro. I can already see people in Vegas going crazy for this in the clubs once it is out here heavy.

Matty

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 12:02:20 PM »

That's because it wasn't supposed to even be a single. People keep thinking this was intended as the first single, but it wasn't. Intentionally leaked or not, I'll take Dre's word for it when he says they didn't want this as the first single.

the already scheduled big budget video is a pretty good indicator this WAS intended as a single. but probably more of a buzz thing as the album still isn't finished for a few months. and the video should definitely help it gain traction. even a dre buzz track gets the whole big video treatment 8)