Author Topic: Bishop Lamont - Mecha God Spill! Mixtape (Link)  (Read 5115 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Bishop Lamont - Mecha God Spill! Mixtape (Link)
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2010, 06:01:30 AM »
Well, while I"m sure Rebel has some bias, his information has always ended up being accurate.  I just find the entire situation shameful.  Bishop has always been a rare west coast artist and deserves all the shine he can secure.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2010, 06:19:58 AM »
Well, while I"m sure Rebel has some bias, his information has always ended up being accurate.  I just find the entire situation shameful.  Bishop has always been a rare west coast artist and deserves all the shine he can secure.
luckily he didn't disappear 8)

thegooddoc

« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2010, 09:00:21 AM »
Exactly. Rebel is a cool dude and all but it's hard not to question his objectivity when it comes to things about Bishop. During the past few months it became quite obvious that he's connected to Bishop, maybe even in his PR team, similar to what Lunatic is to Knoc.

So I think he's overreacting when he's saying that Bishop was some super crazy protege from Dre. If that was the case he'd have the Em and 50 treatment. To me it looks like Bishop was one the thousand artists Dre signs, they do some (ghost) writing, in the process he finds out they don't have what it takes and it's on to the next one. I think in the whole time Bishop was on Aftermath Dre mentioned his name twice; on Power 106 when he got signed (similar to Kendrick Lamar now) and in that Youtube clip. Same shit is happening or will happen to Slim The Mobster and Hayes, with the exception that they mind end up being on Detox, especially Slim (Dre seems excited about him).

So basically, no hard feelings Rebel, I just take everything you say with a grain of salt.
hittman never got the Em & 50 treatment either.

Aftermath holds its artists to ridiculous standards, and why not.  When you have Eminem, 50 and Dre together on the label, you better bring your A game and be able to shine.  I've always liked Bishop's flow, but it seemed that he couldn't put full songs together.  Case in point Grow Up.  Incredible beat, tight flow, but the hook was terrible.

I'm wondering if he wishes that he would have stuck it out until Detox was released and tried to get a buzz from that.  Knocturnal was semi-successful using The Wash soundtrack as a jump off point.  Although Knoc used to write some incredible hooks. Six-Two got some buzz off of Chronic 2001 and made some change on a solo project.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2010, 12:00:15 PM »
well Detox is still not out there right?

besides, he could be featured

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2010, 07:31:07 PM »
Dre tried REALLY hard to keep him. Jimmy didn't want to spend money on him 'cause he didn't gangsta rap like 50. Other things to...

This has to be some sort of a joke. Gangsta rap does not sell anymore. Right now, conscious rap, positive rap, and pop rap are what sell, for the most part. Just look at Eminem, Kanye West, B.o.B., T.I., Jay-Z, etc etc. 50 Cent dropped a gangster album last fall and it flopped. In fact, BISD was probably the last truly gangsta rap album I've seen heavily promoted by a major label. I guess Jimmy just doesn't have a clue at this point.

Anunikke

« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2010, 07:52:13 PM »
Dre tried REALLY hard to keep him. Jimmy didn't want to spend money on him 'cause he didn't gangsta rap like 50. Other things to...

This has to be some sort of a joke. Gangsta rap does not sell anymore. Right now, conscious rap, positive rap, and pop rap are what sell, for the most part. Just look at Eminem, Kanye West, B.o.B., T.I., Jay-Z, etc etc. 50 Cent dropped a gangster album last fall and it flopped. In fact, BISD was probably the last truly gangsta rap album I've seen heavily promoted by a major label. I guess Jimmy just doesn't have a clue at this point.
Concious rap sells?
Those are your examples of concious rap?

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2010, 08:07:51 PM »

Concious rap sells?

did you listen to the recent material by eminem, kanye, ti, and bob? it might not have been conscious rap in the strictest sense, but it was fairly positive, insightful, and thought out. as was drake's recent material, though that erred more towards pop.

Anunikke

« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2010, 08:20:01 PM »

Concious rap sells?

did you listen to the recent material by eminem, kanye, ti, and bob? it might not have been conscious rap in the strictest sense, but it was fairly positive, insightful, and thought out. as was drake's recent material, though that erred more towards pop.
They are concious rappers like 2010 snoop is a gangster rapper.

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2010, 09:25:18 PM »
Rebel just wanted to give you props on all of the Bishop updates, all your info has been accurate and i appreciate all the Bishop Lamont news and music . Keep doing your thing pimpin, Chuurh!

Prof@ssor

« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2010, 12:35:59 AM »
Exactly. Rebel is a cool dude and all but it's hard not to question his objectivity when it comes to things about Bishop. During the past few months it became quite obvious that he's connected to Bishop, maybe even in his PR team, similar to what Lunatic is to Knoc.

So I think he's overreacting when he's saying that Bishop was some super crazy protege from Dre. If that was the case he'd have the Em and 50 treatment. To me it looks like Bishop was one the thousand artists Dre signs, they do some (ghost) writing, in the process he finds out they don't have what it takes and it's on to the next one. I think in the whole time Bishop was on Aftermath Dre mentioned his name twice; on Power 106 when he got signed (similar to Kendrick Lamar now) and in that Youtube clip. Same shit is happening or will happen to Slim The Mobster and Hayes, with the exception that they mind end up being on Detox, especially Slim (Dre seems excited about him).

So basically, no hard feelings Rebel, I just take everything you say with a grain of salt.

Please, he was featured all over 2001, that has to count for something lol.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2010, 04:59:33 AM »

Please, he was featured all over 2001, that has to count for something lol.
sure, but was hittman able to drop the album he had in mind? no.

terence chill

« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2010, 05:39:53 AM »
i don't understand why are the tracks on MechaGodSpilla are so short???i mean he sells the cd in japan or???

Young Old Head

« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2010, 02:39:03 PM »
i don't understand why are the tracks on MechaGodSpilla are so short???i mean he sells the cd in japan or???

cause it's a mixtape, no album  ;)

i really like this one btw, decent mix of good music in proper quality 8)

Cash Money Blood Gang

terence chill

« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2010, 03:36:22 PM »
yeah you are totally right and i know its a mixtape, but in my opinion it was a better way to put out the new songs in full length...most of the tracks skip to the next one and they ain't mixed like track 23-24 and then the tracks start with the hook...i mean most of the mixtape dj's scream all over the tracks, terrible...and this one is ok,nothing special, it's great to hear new music from bishop but i would love to hear the tracks in full length!!

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2010, 05:11:49 PM »
We should ask DJ Couz to release the full songs, haha.