Author Topic: Seriously, how come LeBron is suddenly more hated than Kobe EVER was?  (Read 668 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
What's happening? All he did was leaving an ungrateful franchise in a cocky manner to team up with 2 All-Star buddies. It's not like did something horrible, like raping or shooting a nigga in the face with a shotgun. What's the deal with all the hate? After all he busted his ass off for the Cavs for 7 long years. I would have left right after my rookie contract was up. So why is niggas hating like he killed a bunch of babies or some shit?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Seriously, how come LeBron is suddenly more hated than Kobe EVER was?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 12:15:45 PM »
Lebron didn't cry during a press conference and give Cleveland a ring

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 12:17:02 PM »
And also a bit more seriously, in this age of free agents in all sport people tend to hope that superstar players stay on one team. 

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 12:28:37 PM »
The best get hated. Thats the reason.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 02:27:24 PM »
I still think Kobe 2003 was WAAAY more hated that LeBron 2010, and with good reason, LeBron never had to go to court for what he did, Kobe did.

This is a good article though as to why people hate LeBron. I think this hold true, LeBron is in the prime of his career and people think he cheated. In the US, a country of highly competitive people, we see teaming up with our enemies as cheating. When we elect politicians, we want the ones who are going to fight the other side, not actually work out solutions with them, we have to be the best at everything and our sports teams have to be the best. So LeBron, by building his own all-star team, in our opinions, cheated and didn't win a title on his own, even though no NBA great has. Magic had Kareem, MJ had Pippen, Hakeem had Maxwell and then Clyde, Duncan had Robinson then Parker, Wade had Shaq, Shaq had Kobe, Kobe had Gasol and on and on.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/michael_rosenberg/11/23/lebron.hatred/index.html

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 02:39:08 PM »
LOL, Laker fans won't even allow LeBron to win the argument of "more hated" lmfao.

Anyway, LeBron is hated because he situated himself to win a ring & the rest of the league hated that; except for the people who are intelligent enough to realize only 3 teams have a shot at winning the Finals to begin with lol.

If LeBron went to the Knicks, nobody would say shit.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 03:44:37 PM »
its because lebron did a classless act with his "decision" and turning his back on the cavaliers.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 04:54:46 PM »
its because lebron did a classless act with his "decision" and turning his back on the cavaliers.

It wasn't the choice of the decision, it was the events leading up to it.

Someone was feeding him bad advice; athletes never do anything off the court/field on their own accord. Somebody said you can get millions of views, do this show, draw this out & he went to NBA devil.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 05:14:31 PM »
I still think Kobe 2003 was WAAAY more hated that LeBron 2010, and with good reason, LeBron never had to go to court for what he did, Kobe did.

This is a good article though as to why people hate LeBron. I think this hold true, LeBron is in the prime of his career and people think he cheated. In the US, a country of highly competitive people, we see teaming up with our enemies as cheating. When we elect politicians, we want the ones who are going to fight the other side, not actually work out solutions with them, we have to be the best at everything and our sports teams have to be the best. So LeBron, by building his own all-star team, in our opinions, cheated and didn't win a title on his own, even though no NBA great has. Magic had Kareem, MJ had Pippen, Hakeem had Maxwell and then Clyde, Duncan had Robinson then Parker, Wade had Shaq, Shaq had Kobe, Kobe had Gasol and on and on.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/michael_rosenberg/11/23/lebron.hatred/index.html

If we did not love sports, we would not hate LeBron James. He has not sinned against society. He has sinned against competition. And this sounds backward, but it's true: If he had sinned against society, we would have an easier time forgiving him. We all sin against society at some point. In sports, competition is everything.

Well, I get the point, I really do... but still, hating someone more for joining a team that features good players than you would hate him for killing a cool nigga in cold blood and getting away with it or something is just flat out dumb.. so many athletes have done so much vile crap, yet LeBron is the most hated for joining the Heat. Retarded.
No, it's not a sin

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 05:22:22 PM »
LOL, Laker fans won't even allow LeBron to win the argument of "more hated" lmfao.

Anyway, LeBron is hated because he situated himself to win a ring & the rest of the league hated that; except for the people who are intelligent enough to realize only 3 teams have a shot at winning the Finals to begin with lol.

If LeBron went to the Knicks, nobody would say shit.

WTF!

Why would I even want Kobe to win that argument. I remember damn near riots when Kobe would go into Denver, and everywhere people hating Kobe for what he was accused of. And to me, it was fair, if Kobe really raped a woman he should have booed all the way to JAIL! But why as a Laker fan would I even want Kobe to be more hated than LeBron, because I'd rather have Kobe and the Lakers win titles than win a Kobe/LeBron popularity contest.

And read my post, especially when I said this...
So LeBron, by building his own all-star team, in our opinions, cheated and didn't win a title on his own, even though no NBA great has. Magic had Kareem, MJ had Pippen, Hakeem had Maxwell and then Clyde, Duncan had Robinson then Parker, Wade had Shaq, Shaq had Kobe, Kobe had Gasol and on and on.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 06:18:03 PM »
Seriously? What do you mean "how come"? I'd have thought its glaringly obvious why he's hated. It wasnt that he left a franchise, it was the manner in which he did it. Not to mention the people who always want to see these fake dynasties fail when they are created (me included, fuck the Miami Heat).

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2010, 02:09:43 AM »
To everyone questioning why LeBron is so hated... do you guys not remember the "The Decision" topic at this very forum? That topic answered all of your questions for you. When he announced he was going to publicly state which team he was going to play for on national television, everybody who thought LeBron was going to leave Cleveland, no longer thought that he would anymore. Every single poster in that topic, myself included, thought that there was no way in hell he would be stupid enough to draw even more attention to himself just so he could ditch his home state and join Dwyane Wade's team, especially after he had countless quotes talking about how he could never leave Cleveland until he "brings home a championship." We all assumed that if someone were to do something like that, he would do it discreetly and with class, not on national fucking television like a douchebag. No way would he want to get himself involved in this PR nightmare, right? And what do you know... he actually does it. They even acknowledge how stupid of a move that was in his own commercials.

I personally don't hate him for it. I thought the backlash he drew was entertaining as fuck, and while I do feel sympathy for Cleveland, the way everyone in Cleveland reacted made me crack up. But if you can't see why people hate LeBron at this point, whether or not you hate him yourself, then you are seriously turning a blind eye.

It wasn't the choice of the decision, it was the events leading up to it.

Someone was feeding him bad advice; athletes never do anything off the court/field on their own accord. Somebody said you can get millions of views, do this show, draw this out & he went to NBA devil.

Obviously he listened to shitty advice, but the bottomline is he still went out and did it. Dude is 26 years old, he's responsible for his own damn decisions.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2010, 03:52:48 AM »
Let's be clear here: Of course I see why what he did makes him dislikeable. It's not about that. It's about how he is hated more than other people are hated for doing really fucked up off-court stuff. People act as if "The Decision" is worse than slapping your own unborn child out of your wife or something. That's what I'm saying and that's what is so damn weird and beyond my understanding.

Let's take Tyson, OJ or Vick for example who did far worse things respectively, yet blacks still jumped to their defense... people even felt hella sorry for Kobe back in 2003. Yet with LeBron everybody hates him or is indifferent to his suffering even though what he did is nothing compared to what other athletes did. Guys say it's cheating how he teams up with All-Stars, then the same guys turn around and defend real cheaters like Barry Bonds or Lance Armstrong. It's just obscene.

My point still stands: Many athletes have done far worse things and received far less hate for it. That's a fact. Also, LeBron was generally "liked" before this incident. I could understand if he had always been somewhat hated for his personality and then finally fed the public something to let out their hate for. But that isn't the case, he was rather liked and now he is hated more than Vick, Artest, Tyson, Kobe, Mayweather, Bonds and Roethlisberger combined.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 04:01:46 AM by 7even »
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2010, 04:26:54 AM »
Because you cannot talk shit if you have won nothing ...

remember when him , Wade and Bosh threw a parade like they just won it all...

quotes like : it's going to be easy for us  , each loss will be like the world trade center , I feel sorry for those who are going to defend us ...  :-X

Now they are just making fools of themselves ....

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2010, 08:58:27 AM »
Because the only thing people like to do more than build someone up...is tear them down. Fans hold these athletes to a much higher standard than they hold themselves. If the average person worked for a company where they didnt feel appreciated, they would leave and not give a fuck. Look how Dan Gilbert acted, its clear he saw LeBron as nothing more than his money maker.  But for an athlete, they are supposed to shut up and just deal with it.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"