Author Topic: Tupac's Career on Death Row(Was he scared of Suge) New blog!  (Read 1084 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Tupac's Career on Death Row(Was he scared of Suge) New blog!
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 01:43:43 PM »
there was also a rumor about mo preme getting punked for asking about his money. suge and them put that nigga out a hotel in his draws. LOL.

I had heard the same story except it was for Macadoshis instead of Mopreme lol

but the site I saw it from always had fake news reports
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Jimmy H.

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 01:48:45 PM »
Pac will always be one of the more interesting conversations because there is so much heresay. You have these die-hard "Pac was perfect and created rap music and everyone that came out since is a cheap imititation" kind of fans and you have some of the more hardcore detractors. In terms of Death Row, it was eleven months of his life and we'll never know for sure where he would have gone if he'd been given more time. There is evidence to support just about every theory a person wants to make themself believe. One point that needs to be addressed with this blog was the comment Pac made about not being happy on Death Row. This was actually something that the producers of the Resurrection movie created by manipulating audio. Whether he was or wasn't actually happy is up for debate. There is quite a bit of evidence to suggest that at that point in his life, he was not happy but was Death Row the main source of that unhappiness? Who can say? There were a handful of interviews where he seemed to suggest that eventually he wanted to move away from the beef and try to be more at peace. That to me was one of the great things about Pac as an artist. There was a real conflict there. He really wanted certain things but the reality of it all was his lifestyle made that nearly impossible for him.

Another point I'd like to argue with this blog was the idea that Suge could only keep Pac's masters if he killed him. This is tremendously incorrect. Suge's contract with Pac actually gave him all of these things already. In fact with Pac dead, it opened up for every person who felt they had an interest in Pac's finances or music to come in and swarm like vultures.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 01:50:00 PM »
Pac will always be one of the more interesting conversations because there is so much heresay. You have these die-hard "Pac was perfect and created rap music and everyone that came out since is a cheap imititation" kind of fans and you have some of the more hardcore detractors. In terms of Death Row, it was eleven months of his life and we'll never know for sure where he would have gone if he'd been given more time. There is evidence to support just about every theory a person wants to make themself believe. One point that needs to be addressed with this blog was the comment Pac made about not being happy on Death Row. This was actually something that the producers of the Resurrection movie created by manipulating audio. Whether he was or wasn't actually happy is up for debate. There is quite a bit of evidence to suggest that at that point in his life, he was not happy but was Death Row the main source of that unhappiness? Who can say? There were a handful of interviews where he seemed to suggest that eventually he wanted to move away from the beef and try to be more at peace. That to me was one of the great things about Pac as an artist. There was a real conflict there. He really wanted certain things but the reality of it all was his lifestyle made that nearly impossible for him.

Another point I'd like to argue with this blog was the idea that Suge could only keep Pac's masters if he killed him. This is tremendously incorrect. Suge's contract with Pac actually gave him all of these things already. In fact with Pac dead, it opened up for every person who felt they had an interest in Pac's finances or music to come in and swarm like vultures.

solid posting

Fatal summed it up best    "Pac, they don't understand your pain, like your murder wasn't more than just Orlando Lane"
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2010, 02:00:23 PM »

solid posting

Fatal summed it up best    "Pac, they don't understand your pain, like your murder wasn't more than just Orlando Lane"
see fatal knows something about that shit  but they time is consumed wit what flex said instead of suge knight.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Str8Notorious

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2010, 03:29:25 PM »
quote from blog "Death Row Records was what Tupac felt he needed at the time"

this is erroneous..........what happened was he needed to get out of jail and they offered to bail him out of jail....

he felt he needed to get out of jail at that time.......and he was hesitant at signing with death row...but he had to make a trade...

whoever wrote this blog got this part wrong....

I wrote the blog and he did feel he needed a team because he was Vurnaible, He was a target in prison, New York Radio was dissing him and he was already a target in prison due to his reputation as a "gangsta rapper" so him signing to Death Row gave him freedom(bail) muscle(Which was Suge) and a team musically(Alongside Dre and Snoop) that he knew could go toe to toe with Bad Boy.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 03:31:34 PM by Str8Notorious »

Str8Notorious

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2010, 03:34:49 PM »

I remember Nate Dogg and OFTB on that Death Row Special saying that Pac wanted to get off Death Row bad but he seen that this was the hand that was feeding him and he was afraid to bite it. Nate himself said that was the reason why Pac did those album's so quick.

Pac's bodyguard claimed that Pac and Suge went at it days before the Vegas fight over money and that he had to come between them because he was afraid Suge was gonna put his hands on him.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2010, 03:37:44 PM »

I remember Nate Dogg and OFTB on that Death Row Special saying that Pac wanted to get off Death Row bad but he seen that this was the hand that was feeding him and he was afraid to bite it. Nate himself said that was the reason why Pac did those album's so quick.

Pac's bodyguard claimed that Pac and Suge went at it days before the Vegas fight over money and that he had to come between them because he was afraid Suge was gonna put his hands on him.
yup. can anyone post that special
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2010, 03:51:18 PM »

Yeah, I remember that special. But you got to keep in mind that a lot of these interviews, whether it's TV or print, it's comments edited to tell a story a certain way. Like I said, it's hard to call.

The one thing you really have to put into consideration is this was 11 months of Pac's life (Death Row). He'd been shot, he'd been in prison in New York, and now, he was out. He was knee deep in a verbal and occasionally, physical war with lots of different camps. In that time, he was working all the time. He was smoking lots of weed, drinking, making music, shooting music videos, doing interviews, working on two movies, and making loads of public appearances. It would have been really interesting to see what might have been if he'd had time to kick back and reflect on things. I think he was getting there though.

The Predator

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2010, 04:53:13 PM »
From having Quincy Jones(Pac was engaged to his daughter) asking him to “fuck him in the ass”

What the hell?

acgrundy

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2010, 04:55:24 PM »
Quincy Jones wanted to 2Pac to fuck him in the ass?  WTF???  where did this come from?

There is a ton of speculation when it comes to both death row and 2Pac.  It is pretty clear from the image painted through music and publicity that Pac just in general wasn't happy.  He was a very emotional person.  I don't think he was any more unhappy at death row, than any other point in his life.

StrEiht Up Menace

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • i hav a massive dick
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2010, 05:02:33 PM »
wats with all the pac topics lately?

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2010, 08:33:34 PM »

what' with you postin on here if you object to it?

anyone know why this dude said that about quincey......is there any truth to that....?
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

FreeMac

• 'G'
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2010, 08:39:30 PM »
The bottom line is this:

What most people tend to forget about Tupac is that he gravitated towards so many people, and when he became involved with Death Row he put his 100 percent passion, energy and effort into that company.

Listen to that interview with Rob Marriot in August 1996. He's talking about distributing Makaveli Records through Death Row, the last session he had he is heard repeatedly repping Death Row. In that same interview, he speaks of Suge and him being some sort of kindred spirits, both of them pushing Dre off the label, complete control of the industry, etc.

Pac also delved into the gangbanging atmosphere of the label. Regardless of what people think of his "one love" or "gang unity" message in interviews or songs, he fully acted like an MOB Piru in every aspect. He got it tatted on the back of his right arm, started referencing swahili (a language used by Bloods), and ultimately got into it with the sects biggest rival - the Southside Crips.

Pac was NOT leaving Death Row.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2010, 09:33:37 PM »
The bottom line is this:

What most people tend to forget about Tupac is that he gravitated towards so many people, and when he became involved with Death Row he put his 100 percent passion, energy and effort into that company.

Listen to that interview with Rob Marriot in August 1996. He's talking about distributing Makaveli Records through Death Row, the last session he had he is heard repeatedly repping Death Row. In that same interview, he speaks of Suge and him being some sort of kindred spirits, both of them pushing Dre off the label, complete control of the industry, etc.

Pac also delved into the gangbanging atmosphere of the label. Regardless of what people think of his "one love" or "gang unity" message in interviews or songs, he fully acted like an MOB Piru in every aspect. He got it tatted on the back of his right arm, started referencing swahili (a language used by Bloods), and ultimately got into it with the sects biggest rival - the Southside Crips.

Pac was NOT leaving Death Row.

This. Pac repped Death Row and Suge harder than anyone else on it. If he was unhappy surely he would've said fuck it and walked away like everyone else did.

StrEiht Up Menace

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • i hav a massive dick
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2010, 10:01:11 PM »

what' with you postin on here if you object to it?

anyone know why this dude said that about quincey......is there any truth to that....?
wat makes u think i object to it? I only asked a question