Author Topic: Sam Sneed Debut LP From Dr. Dre Protege STREET SCHOLARS (Album Cover)  (Read 7551 times)

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sam Sneed Debut LP From Dr. Dre Protege STREET SCHOLARS (Album Cover)
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2010, 07:06:37 AM »
usually im not like this...and i think its gay when people do this type of shit...but i have NEVER been so pissed about a fucking album...LETS BOYCOTT THIS SHIT .....untill we get the real og tracks, fuck wideawake....

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2010, 07:13:51 AM »
it seems that the label dont understand that people dont wanna hear new shit from the old inmates.
is it so difficult to accept that we just wanna hear the legendary classics death row sound from the good old days?

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2010, 07:43:57 AM »
it seems that the label dont understand that people dont wanna hear new shit from the old inmates.
is it so difficult to accept that we just wanna hear the legendary classics death row sound from the good old days?

exactly...they are only hurting themselves releasing weak half assed albums when they can EASILY release the original album format and sell way more than they would with all this fuckin mix and mash cds.....sigh...i always gave them the benefit of the doubt, but i finally realized its just fuckin hopeless....

can someone from wideawake come in here and explain the logic behind this decision?

The Predator

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2010, 08:05:03 AM »
Could of been something nice, if it contained 90's Deathrow polished G-Funk songs in the mould of 'Natural Born Killers', 'Better Recognize' etc...

Him and Dre had a cool chemistry in the lab, before Suge fucked it all up.

JohnnyL

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2010, 09:48:38 AM »
The cover looks like the "U Better Recognize/Come When I Call" single

It seems like a lot of people don't like the cover.  Personally, the cover doesn't bother me.  It's not great, but it's adequate. And judging by this pic you posted of the old single, I can at least see why they went with that cover.  It's the lack of old tracks that's really disappointing. 

dnjp4life

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2010, 12:43:13 PM »
Man, my anticipation for this album has now severely dropped.  Not so much because they're including new tracks, but because they're not including many old ones.  Those were the tracks that everyone has been waiting for years to hear.  Honestly, I don't know why they keep putting out these tepid releases.  The same thing that happened with the Danny Boy and Crooked I cds will inevitably happen here too. It will sell  a few hundred copies, at the very best.  It's a shame.  They need to find someone at that company that knows what they're doing.

Co-sign

Macdaddy_93

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2010, 01:11:50 PM »
Fuck WIDE Awake...you get me hyped up everytime a new release surfaces then my bubble is burst before its even released. Just give the fans what they want.
"Now i'm the mack daddy, had he, not known about the city where I'm from, dum diddy dum"

So Much Style

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2010, 03:40:12 PM »
well a couple of those old tracks are gonna sure be nice to have in full!!
So much style back at it again

awol22222

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2010, 04:34:21 PM »
Sneed in the studio

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IE6f8x2BkKk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IE6f8x2BkKk</a>

Quadruple OG

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2010, 04:51:21 PM »
Don't really have a problem with the cover, and I don't have a problem with Sneed putting out new tracks (which has been extremely overdue BTW). But I do have a problem with WideAwake not putting out a full album of the unreleased stuff. It's in the vaults, why not just do a double disc, one with 10 old DR tracks and one with the 10 new tracks?

dameons

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2010, 09:47:45 PM »
 real bummer . This could've been epic. I was hoping to hear J Flexx and Sam Sneed on a CDQ version of the Dre cut "Street Scholars ". "Ho's keep on makin it , pimps keep on takin it ".......

kuruptDPG

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2010, 05:37:51 AM »
i guess sam is ignorant of putting out his old stuff or wideawake dont have his material

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2010, 10:27:45 AM »
WideAwake is a fraudulent company, they don't really exist outside of the realm of Death Row (they're virtually nobodies).  I think that they have this philosophy that if they listen to tha fans too too much it'll fuck shit up, and if they don't listen to tha fans at all then everything will be fine.  I mean I know running a business isn't as easy as it looks but really tho how hard is it to fuck up Death Row Records music?  I mean, just give the people whut thay want (by listening to tha forums and by just using plain old fuckin common sense).  It's not really a difficult task lol.  They shouldn't even have brought tha company if all we're going to be getting is half baked shit like we've been gettin (it's not even half baked in most cases so far).  With tha Danny Boy (and RnB) albums I could see why they released whut thay did but with everything else it's like "why" uknow. 

They should've just let Suge keep it or give all of the artist a chance to buy back their old material (i'm sure Dr. Dre would've been their biggest customer).  You've would've made ur money back (and probably a little more) and everybody could've gotten whut they wanted and been happy.  Tha way they've handled this whole operation has been sloppy at best and they really need 2 go back 2 tha drawing board if they slackin' like this.

MarshColin

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2010, 04:27:34 PM »
It boggles my mind how WideAwake can continually insult the few fans they have left with their consistent fuck ups. Mixing and mastering has remained garbage despite the majority of us voicing our displeasure with it. They've released multiple albums with stuff that's already leaked. With the Sneed album they had the chance to make us supporters again and it appears that they are once again blowing it. I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this point. Sucks that Lara got ousted, she seemed to genuinely care, unlike whoever is running this circus now.

I once was optimistic and excited about WideAwake, and now I'm utterly pissed. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it, but I don't get how they can be so ignorant.

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2010, 04:34:38 PM »
^i second that, i was excited when i heard that they plan to release it, than it was said that it will be half death row half new stuff, okay i thought 7-8 death row classic and hell yeah i buy this. as i heard the latest news that only 2 "new" row tracks will be featured i thought this would be an april fools joke but we have december and Wideawake did it again.