Author Topic: Sam Sneed Debut LP From Dr. Dre Protege STREET SCHOLARS (Album Cover)  (Read 7550 times)

EnzoUK

One of the more anticipated albums of the 1990s was Street Scholars by Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania producer/emcee Sam Sneed. As a Death Row Records artist, Sneed released 1994 hit single "U Betta Recognize" featuring Dr. Dre from the Murder Was The Case soundtrack. However, after co-production and writing credits on label hits between 1994 and 1996, Sneed's album has remained shelved.

Death Row Records, now owned by Toronto, Canada's WIDE Awake Entertainment, announced that is going to change. In the last two years, the new regime at the label founded by Dr. Dre, Marion "Suge" Knight and attorney David Kenner in 1991 has released shelved material from Snoop Dogg, Danny Boy and Kurupt. Sneed's Street Scholars, according to E1 Enterainment, Death Row's present distributor, will be released on January 25, 2011.

Prior to working with Dr. Dre in 1994, Sneed was known as a member of PMD's Hit Squad, producing for Long Island, New York emcee K-Solo (who would also later sign with Death Row). In addition to "U Better Recognize," Sneed worked alongside Dr. Dre on hits such as "Natural Born Killaz" and "California Love." After Dr. Dre left the label he co-founded in 1996, Sneed soon followed after a fight with Suge Knight and Tupac Shakur that has been profiled in several books, most notably Ronin Ro's Have Gun Will Travel.

In the years since Death Row, after surviving a reported brain tumor, Sam Sneed has produced for Busta Rhymes, Capone-N-Noreaga, Beanie Sigel and former Posion Clan emcee JT Money.

Street Scholars is believed to feature Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg and Dayton, Ohio emcee J-Flexx. (November 20)
Twitter: @EnzoUK

JML-G

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Sam Sneed Debut LP From Dr. Dre Protege STREET SCHOLARS (Album Cover)
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 07:43:48 AM »
it better be good.. cover isnt anything special and lol @ ''The Legendary'' part

doggfather

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 08:04:27 AM »
lol @ ''The Legendary'' part

;D ;D yeah, +1

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 08:51:25 AM »
not that it matters for the music, but i'm sure they could have made a more suitable cover for sam sneed?

EnzoUK

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 08:58:17 AM »
not that it matters for the music, but i'm sure they could have made a more suitable cover for sam sneed?

cover sucks

i see better mixtape covers
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 11:14:26 AM by EnzoUK »
Twitter: @EnzoUK

m-b

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 08:59:36 AM »
Most people don't even know who sam sneed is.. It would have helped if they put a picture of what he looked like on there at least.
CHECK OUT our promo vid..

Chad

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 09:07:59 AM »
After nearly 14 years, the long-awaited Death Row Records album by one-time Dr. Dre protégé Sam Sneed is finally being released. WIDEawake Entertainment Group Inc., the company who purchased the Death Row Records catalog, is releasing Sneed’s Street Schoalrs project on January 25th, 2011 through E1 Entertainment.

Dubcnn was just given the album artowrk, created by Urbanista Graphix, as well as a few additional bits of info about the upcoming release.

Sam Sneed became well-known for his catchphrase “My name is Sam Sneed, you better recognize!", which originally appeared in the song “Pump, Pump” off the Snoop Doggy Dogg debut album, Doggystyle. He also appeared in the Death Row movie, Murder Was the Case, which also spawned Sam Sneed’s “U Better Recognize” single, featuring Dr. Dre, included in the movie’s soundtrack. The soundtrack single peaked at #16 on the Billboard Hot Dance Music/Maxi-Singles Sales chart, #18 on the Hot Rap Tracks chart and #48 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks chart.

Sam Sneed also co-produced “Keep Their Heads Ringin'” and “Natural Born Killaz” with Dr. Dre. The original, alternate version "Natural Born Killaz" with Sam Sneed rapping a verse was released on the Ultimate Death Row Collection on November 24, 2009.

Following his time on Death Row, after surviving a reported brain tumor, Sam Sneed has produced for Jay-Z (“Anything”), G-Unit (“I Smell Pussy”), Scarface (”Fuck’n With Face”), and others like Capne-N-Noreaga, Beanie Sigel and former Posion Clan emcee JT Money.

Street Scholars will feature "U Better Recognize", "Lady Heroine", "Goin’ Hollywood", "Drug Related", as well as 10 brand-new tracks that Sam Sneed has recorded for the project. The project is set to feature Dr. Dre, Nu Starz Entertainment (Sneed's new group of talent), J. Flexx and others.

Stay tuned to Dubcnn for more news and updates on Sam Sneed and "Street Scholars"
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

Blood$

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 09:30:11 AM »
Most people don't even know who sam sneed is.. It would have helped if they put a picture of what he looked like on there at least.

right, and lol at "legendary"

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 09:34:07 AM »
After nearly 14 years, the long-awaited Death Row Records album by one-time Dr. Dre protégé Sam Sneed is finally being released. WIDEawake Entertainment Group Inc., the company who purchased the Death Row Records catalog, is releasing Sneed’s Street Schoalrs project on January 25th, 2011 through E1 Entertainment.

Dubcnn was just given the album artowrk, created by Urbanista Graphix, as well as a few additional bits of info about the upcoming release.

Sam Sneed became well-known for his catchphrase “My name is Sam Sneed, you better recognize!", which originally appeared in the song “Pump, Pump” off the Snoop Doggy Dogg debut album, Doggystyle. He also appeared in the Death Row movie, Murder Was the Case, which also spawned Sam Sneed’s “U Better Recognize” single, featuring Dr. Dre, included in the movie’s soundtrack. The soundtrack single peaked at #16 on the Billboard Hot Dance Music/Maxi-Singles Sales chart, #18 on the Hot Rap Tracks chart and #48 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks chart.

Sam Sneed also co-produced “Keep Their Heads Ringin'” and “Natural Born Killaz” with Dr. Dre. The original, alternate version "Natural Born Killaz" with Sam Sneed rapping a verse was released on the Ultimate Death Row Collection on November 24, 2009.

Following his time on Death Row, after surviving a reported brain tumor, Sam Sneed has produced for Jay-Z (“Anything”), G-Unit (“I Smell Pussy”), Scarface (”Fuck’n With Face”), and others like Capne-N-Noreaga, Beanie Sigel and former Posion Clan emcee JT Money.

Street Scholars will feature "U Better Recognize", "Lady Heroine", "Goin’ Hollywood", "Drug Related", as well as 10 brand-new tracks that Sam Sneed has recorded for the project. The project is set to feature Dr. Dre, Nu Starz Entertainment (Sneed's new group of talent), J. Flexx and others.

Stay tuned to Dubcnn for more news and updates on Sam Sneed and "Street Scholars"
props for the update, so the album will have more than 14 tracks?

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 09:35:14 AM »

so its not going to be the orginal album that was recorded  ::)

Mietek23

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 10:48:03 AM »
so its not going to be the orginal album that was recorded  ::)

Yeah, but I think everybody saw that coming. What I don't understand is why they are going with the "Street Scholars" title if this ain't the real "Street Scholars" album, lol. The cover is really weak and it looks like done in 5 minutes by an amateur using photoshop. Waiting for tracklist to drop cause I wonder how many tracks are gonna be on it if there's already 10 new cuts but I smell another FAIL from Wideasleep..

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 10:58:43 AM »

cover sucks

still better than Crooked I - Hoodstar cover... this shit still makes me laugh especially Crooked's photoshoped silky face.
that cover was real amateurish shit. this one ain't that bad. it's simple but it does have some taste...

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2010, 11:12:41 AM »

10 new cuts? - make it a double disc or go home wideawake. i smell another weak move.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2010, 11:30:39 AM »
I was wondering how this could feature Dr. Dre and then I realized it has "U Better Recognize" on it.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2010, 11:53:45 AM »
10 new songs? no thanks.