Author Topic: Diddy & Dirty Money Silence Haters W/ "Last Train" 100K Sales  (Read 371 times)

Elano

Diddy & Dirty Money Silence Haters W/ "Last Train" 100K Sales
« on: December 24, 2010, 07:28:56 AM »
"On Monday, the 'experts' projected that our 'Last Train To Paris' album would move approximately 65k units in its first week. Well, they were wrong. With the help of our fans and the tremendous power of Twitter our debut album skyrocketed to #7 on The Billboard 200 chart scanning more than 100k units. Also this week, our new single, 'Coming Home' broke through to the top ten on iTunes. This is an amazing start for a brand new group and for a debut album. We are so thankful!"- Diddy, Dawn, and Kalenna (Diddy-Dirty Money)" (Statement)

"Y'all already know I deal with a lot of hate and I talk about that but it's also important to talk about when I'm dealing with a lot of love," Diddy said in a vlog. "And the love you've shown me and the girls on this project, y'all made this project a success and I want to say thank-you. We ain't have no number one records -- we had the Twitter support, we had one of the first albums where Twitter overrode radio, TV, anything else and y'all basically said that y'all heard the album and it's hot. Definition of the Internet. Word of mouth, being viral, having control of what's going on. I want to thank y'all for just helping me get to this day, helping [Dirty Money's Kaleena and Dawn] get to this day. Y'all been riding with us, seeing us grow and evolve, but like right now, Twitter, you guys, everybody that's in the family, that's been down from day one, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you -- The success of this album is all due to you guys. We're gonna keep spreading the word, we're about to go on tour, we're about to really get this mood cracking." (Diddy Blog #7)

Knett

• 'G'
Re: Diddy & Dirty Money Silence Haters W/ "Last Train" 100K Sales
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 02:22:26 AM »
fuck it I still don´t like the music.. it doesn´t prove anything except for a well put together marketing plan
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU</a>

StevenQBosell

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 07:53:50 AM »
fuck it I still don´t like the music.. it doesn´t prove anything except for a well put together marketing plan

You could really say that about any album that isn't exactly your cup of tea, but sells incredibly well, you know?

Knett

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 11:53:56 AM »
I could, but face it if an unknown artist would do a concept like this he would fail.
Diddy is famous so people WILL buy his shit.

By the way, he said he used european influences. I´m European and hip-hop is just one of the many genres i enjoy, but I really think this is shitty music. So fail on the music, and win on the sales.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU</a>

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 05:03:02 PM »
I like the concept but thought the execution was rather average.  It got unnecessary hate because it's Diddy but those sales aren't great by any means
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 05:55:02 PM »