Author Topic: Kush is a weak single for Dre because it has no class  (Read 2893 times)

Matty

Kush is a weak single for Dre because it has no class
« on: December 04, 2010, 11:59:11 AM »
think that would be the best way for me to sum up why i'm not really down with this joint as much as some. buzz single or not, it just doesn't have the level of class i'd generally associate with a dre production. not the sound exactly...more the kind of sheen and polish to it. very surprising for his own single given how meticulous dude is. someone else made a thread about his beats from the core g-unit era...all those tracks shit on this one. its just nowhere near that level of quality. i highly doubt i'd ever want to play it far off in the future.

so after all these beats and ideas that would have been saved this project...this is really one of the best 15/20? don't get me wrong it knocks and everything in its own way, but seems kind of watered down compared to a lot of his previous production. again not strictly to do with the sound, more the execution of the track with like the corny 1, 1, 1 shouts and all the heeeys and hooos. a bit crowded and messy. plus dre's drunk/angry sounding flow doesn't help. akon is a personal thing but i find his wailing annoying, always have. 'holla at my niggie'.

i'm still confident detox will have some super crazy ish, but this track seems like a really unusual way to get the ball rolling. very lacklustre and dissapointing. dre would have been better off canning this track altogether. 0/1 so far. you'd of expected the set-up for this album to be absolutely perfect, promo singles and all.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=anticipointment

i don't want to hear excuses or justifications just if anyone thinks this track is something special or meets their expectations for the whole detox aura and why. or just flame me for having 'ridiculous' standards, 'reading into it too much' or not understanding what a buzz single is supposed to be ;D

if the next thing to drop off the project isn't absolutely insane...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 07:54:56 AM by Matty »

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Kush is a weak single for Dre because it has no class
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 12:01:13 PM »
After hearing Game on it, I think it'd be a better single to lead R.E.D than it would Detox. 

Dr. Dre sounds out of place on the track and the general atmosphere doesn't feel right. 

But, whatever works, at least he's releasing music which I'd prefer to see than stashing it up and waiting til he dies and the label profiting off it through releases.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 12:01:43 PM »
kush is really disapointing, dre brings nothing new to the table

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 12:13:23 PM »
Nothing wrong with the track, except like said above, nothin new. Thats not what we were waitin for to hear from Dre. We didnt wanted a dope track, we wanted a revolutionary track, like it was with "2001". But its just one track..

Matty

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 12:18:18 PM »
Nothing wrong with the track, except like said above, nothin new. Thats not what we were waitin for to hear from Dre. We didnt wanted a dope track, we wanted a revolutionary track, like it was with "2001". But its just one track..

for me it doesn't even stand up as much of a dope track next to his previous production on single style joints. i think that was the absolute minimum i expected from anything to do with detox, 'revolutionary' or not. that's why it's so dissapointing. but yeah, just the one so far.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 12:39:57 PM »
Nothin mindblowing bout the joint.. but I fuck with that beat and somehow it has madd replay value..

Still could have wished for some verses that doesnt sound like quick freestyles off the dome.. lol

David Mack

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • $700,000 richer Blood
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 12:48:48 PM »
The song is cool but it really didn't meet my expectations. The expecations are high after hearing jointz like "still dre" and "nothin but a g thang" and this song is no where near that level. Its still better than most of the mainstream garbage that is out there though. 8)

Officer Perez

??? I don't know this guy so fuck you!

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 12:54:01 PM »
this song is good for what it is . but in 2010 no one can relate to it, i remember when One Blood by The Game came out, everybody was doing freestyle over it, same with I wanna Rock... but this one doesnt have the same effect,

Matty

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2010, 01:05:37 PM »
this song is good for what it is . but in 2010 no one can relate to it, i remember when One Blood by The Game came out, everybody was doing freestyle over it, same with I wanna Rock... but this one doesnt have the same effect,

i think i'd agree. no resonating effect whatsoever. and that's always the sign of really well conceived tracks. this isn't even a grower to me.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 01:09:26 PM »
i think Dre is not sure about the direction of his single, if you look at the creation of Under pressure for example.

by the way, Matty, you forgot to attach this song:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zG0ATtt_-d0?fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zG0ATtt_-d0?fs=1</a>
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 01:11:08 PM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

Matty

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2010, 01:14:52 PM »
i think Dre is not sure about the direction of his single, if you look at the creation of Under pressure for example.

i hate to say it I reckon a finished version of Under Pressure would have been far superior to Kush. the framework for it was way cleaner and catchy, albeit poppy.

Will_B

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2010, 01:17:01 PM »
Don't forget the teeny bopper crossover audience can = massive sales.

This is 2010, some people out there never heard of Dre as an artist or plain forgot bout him lol.

Dre said it was a leak, he was playing it safe. Drop a crossover track first, get some airplay.

Get massive sales too for a leaked track that was never meant for release. How often does that happen?

Matty

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2010, 01:24:59 PM »
Don't forget the teeny bopper crossover audience can = massive sales.

This is 2010, some people out there never heard of Dre as an artist or plain forgot bout him lol.

Dre said it was a leak, he was playing it safe. Drop a crossover track first, get some airplay.

Get massive sales too for a leaked track that was never meant for release. How often does that happen?

well that's obviously the aim, but this is still a weak crossover track for dre. his other stuff aimed at a mainstream audience is far more infectious and classy. not saying it doesn't work on that level at all, but seems way too low quality to be setting the mood for detox.

Lucifuge

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2010, 01:32:09 PM »
Good points.but i dont know,i bump that shit like mutherfucker 8) 8)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Will_B

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2010, 01:36:25 PM »
but this is still a weak crossover track for dre.

Hardly a weak track. I don't like rating shit on forums as cats all have different ideas on whats hot - it's an 8.5/10 for me though. :D