Poll

Will Detox top My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy's production?

Hell yes, always trust the good doctor and his team of ghost producers
40 (72.7%)
Nah, Kanye got him
15 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: So who thinks Detox will top My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy's production?  (Read 1486 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Dre sounds dope on under pressure more so then he does on Kush.  Jay-Z sounded terrible.  He should've released under pressure with Eminem

whoa... that's completely wack.  Dre was cool on UP, Jay MURDERED UP, and Eminem would've sounded completely outta place on that.

I thought both Dre and Jay sounded uncomfortable on the track, I don't know about Em over this type of beat as well.
Dre's delivery was weird

In later years when we are all either senior or have passed away, our great grandkids can look back through the history pages of music and see Kanye on page 2 and Dre on page 87 under 'Hip-hop'.
This is of course a statement I made based on their mainstream success.

Are you high?

No I am completely aware of what I'm saying. I'm not saying Dre will be forgotten but if you think hip-hop? Dre, Pac, Jay-Z, Nas etc. (the greats) but music overall in the 21st century you'll definitely see Kanye alongside Coldplay, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Justin Timberlake etc. (cultural icons).
Dre will not be part of that I hate to say. But this is steering away from the thread topic.
it does make a lot of difference whether Detox drops
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 06:01:54 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

Triple OG Rapsodie

In later years when we are all either senior or have passed away, our great grandkids can look back through the history pages of music and see Kanye on page 2 and Dre on page 87 under 'Hip-hop'.

Are you high?

No I am completely aware of what I'm saying. I'm not saying Dre will be forgotten but if you think hip-hop? Dre, Pac, Jay-Z, Nas etc. (the greats) but music overall in the 21st century you'll definitely see Kanye alongside Coldplay, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Justin Timberlake etc. (cultural icons).
Dre will not be part of that I hate to say. But this is steering away from the thread topic.

lmao Kanye isn't a cultural Icon. Maybe one day he will go down as being greater than Dre if he continues to be successful. But as of right now? He's not on Dre's level yet. He hasn't pioneered an entire sound of hip hop. He may have dabbed outside of hip hop a little because of 808s and Heartbreak, but most people still see him as a rapper. And frankly he's more recognized for his antics than his musical output.

Elkoizm

Are you high?

Just for the heck of it, what sound has Dre pioneered and which era did it take place? What albums? I'm not taking jabs, it's a direct question. And this time, again I'm not high.

lmao Kanye isn't a cultural Icon. Maybe one day he will go down as being greater than Dre if he continues to be successful. But as of right now? He's not on Dre's level yet. He hasn't pioneered an entire sound of hip hop. He may have dabbed outside of hip hop a little because of 808s and Heartbreak, but most people still see him as a rapper. And frankly he's more recognized for his antics than his musical output.

Elkoizm

Also if it makes any difference, if I had to take a road trip or be in a situation similar and I had Dre and Ye to choose from, I WILL choose Dre.
Dre is partially why I'm apart of this forum and a fan of West Coast hip-hop.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Kanye more like the modern day dr.dre.  They're both incredibly influential for their respective eras.  Also, the entire new school is influenced by Kanye.  Drake's style is Kanye's 808s sans auto-tune
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
idk

Kanye is a genius and Dr. Dre is a legend.  If u want my opinion I think Dre will have 2 step his game up a little (hopefully not imitating Kanye becuz y'all know how the industry goes).  Dr. Dre is my preferred choice of listening but Kanye is a legend already, if u don't like him then that's merely just YOUR PERSONAL OPINION becuz his music/catalog speaks VOLUMES, in NOT JUST hip hop but music period, anybody can hear that.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
I'm a BIG fan of Kanye, but I seriously don't understand the hype for MBDTF. There were like 3-4 good cuts, and the rest of it ranged from decent to garbage. His older albums are easily better.

As for who will have the better produced album, only time will tell, but I think Dre is gonna take this one.