Author Topic: NFL power rankings (going into week 14)  (Read 768 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: NFL power rankings (going into week 14)
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2010, 07:39:05 PM »
yea man, jets showing no heart, they better get their shit together, that game was painful to watch.

shallow, what happened to KC defense?! i dont think they will make the playoffs, SD should win out.

oh and green bay loses to detroit, rodgers out, they may miss the playoffs to, its a tights wildcard race in nfc

ok, lets go eagles!

I fully expect SD to put up points playing at home, and I knew Croyle would have a hard time adjusting; it's not an offense you can just walk into exceed in at your first start. It takes a long time before you get to throw the ball enough to make an impact. Same with happened with Cassel in 08 and this year. KC just couldn't run the ball and had no threat of a pass. I said at the beginning they'd split with SD. KC better hope SF plays hungry on Thursday because St Louis will be tough. But SD will lose at Cinci if they get past SF or not. They'll kill Denver; that offense is finished with out McDaniels, and the D already sucks.

Either way, KC controls their own fate. If they beat the Rams they're in. And they D didn't do that bad considering how long they were on the field. The only time KC's offense was in SD territory it was after a forced fumble, and they managed to lose yards after that. They only got like 5 first downs all game. They'll be less conservative next week because if SD beats SF next week is as close to must win as it gets.

But the Chargers didn't show me anything special. There's no reason a fired up Niners playing for what is still a possible playoff spot can't fuck them up. If SF wind and KC wins then the Niners are tied on top of the division, with Seattle having to finish the season against Atlanta, at Tampa Bay, and then host the Rams. The AFC West is going to be tricky. I'm ruling out Seattle because I can see them losing all three games. But Singletary may end up keeping his job. And if they get they can be fired up to beat the Saints in San Fran. Then, if anyone can prepare a team to win in Chicago in January, it's Mike Singletary. can you imagine the 8-8 Niners in the Superbowl? Just for kicks I'd like to see it happen. Good luck to anyone thinking they're gonna beat Atlanta in the Georgia Dome though. Can't see anyone beating NE in NE either.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2010, 08:23:25 PM »
oh, and i dont know if you saw the pre game NBC show but rodney harrison was preaching what you have been about not rushing New england, and if we get an atlanta NE superbowl, highly likely, i can see NE winning rather easily. but who knows.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2010, 08:48:46 PM »
oh, and i dont know if you saw the pre game NBC show but rodney harrison was preaching what you have been about not rushing New england, and if we get an atlanta NE superbowl, highly likely, i can see NE winning rather easily. but who knows.

What did Rodney say exactly?

I think the team wit the best chance winning in NE is a team they'll take for granted. And that's KC. Indy too, nut Indy cannot win there. Not these Colts. But if KC makes it through and gets to New England they have the best chance in the AFC to win there.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2010, 08:51:05 PM »

I think the team wit the best chance winning in NE is a team they'll take for granted. And that's KC. Indy too, nut Indy cannot win there. Not these Colts. But if KC makes it through and gets to New England they have the best chance in the AFC to win there.

on any given day any team can beat anyone    (except the 2008 Lions, who may have still been better than the 2008 Rams)

the Pats worst nightmare wouild be facing the Eagles in the SB if they both make it that far
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2010, 09:26:55 PM »

on any given day any team can beat anyone    (except the 2008 Lions, who may have still been better than the 2008 Rams)

the Pats worst nightmare would be facing the Eagles in the SB if they both make it that far

Pats can lose in the SB for sure. I just have a hard time seeing them lose in the cold weather. I still say, and you can check my posts from the 07 season, that they key to defeating that offense is Matt Light. If you figured out how to beat him you'd get Brady rattled and kill them. Everything else will fall into play if you can get past Light. Spagnuolo had him guessing on almost every down in the SB. A 3-4 defense with Light not knowing if an LB or DB is going to rush Brady will fuck them up. Too many defense worry too much about the whole line and Brady.

The 80s Parcells Giants with LT would have killed these Pats. Taylor off the edge would be Brady so shaken up after every hit he'd look like Grossman.

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2010, 08:41:09 AM »
shallow i really cant remember

so w/ the eagles, we really saw vick get shook up yesterday, damn he took a beating, and on the one pick and a couple throws it really seemed like they rattled him, god that o line sucks, but damn, hes got skills, and an arm, and andy reid did the right thing in running the ball, shady with 143, jackson, 200+ yard career game on 4 catches. overall, the only thing stopping this offense is the suspect o-line, the defense, oh lord, i mean, just when you think they had it together, the secondary gets picked apart, we really need samuels (and a new fucking coordinator, i swear just cause Mcdermott was under JJ shouldnt give him a longer nfl career, he stinks) 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2010, 09:00:04 AM »

so w/ the eagles, we really saw vick get shook up yesterday, damn he took a beating, and on the one pick and a couple throws it really seemed like they rattled him, god that o line sucks, but damn, hes got skills, and an arm, and andy reid did the right thing in running the ball, shady with 143, jackson, 200+ yard career game on 4 catches. overall, the only thing stopping this offense is the suspect o-line, the defense, oh lord, i mean, just when you think they had it together, the secondary gets picked apart, we really need samuels (and a new fucking coordinator, i swear just cause Mcdermott was under JJ shouldnt give him a longer nfl career, he stinks) 

It actually upsets me, not just for personal anger reasons, that Brady who would get destroyed in Philly this year will get more MVP votes than Vick. To me value means how good is your team with you? Are you needed to win? I think Matt Cassel might be more valuable this year than Brady.

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2010, 10:29:49 AM »
yea but vick leads EVERYONE in pro bowl voting, thats gotta count for something.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2010, 12:42:12 PM »

It actually upsets me, not just for personal anger reasons, that Brady who would get destroyed in Philly this year will get more MVP votes than Vick. To me value means how good is your team with you? Are you needed to win? I think Matt Cassel might be more valuable this year than Brady.

Frosty the Snowman >>> Tom Brady.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2010, 02:21:25 PM »

Frosty the Snowman >>> Tom Brady.

Frosty>>Peyton>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Brady.