Author Topic: Ghostface Killah - Apollo Kids (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 1016 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Ghostface Killah - Apollo Kids (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2010, 08:40:26 AM »
first track is a banger
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Lucifuge

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2010, 10:05:01 AM »
producer credits.??

As you may well know, theres a section on this forum called The Vault which gives you details about producer credits.  ;)

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=259597.0

I wasnt see it. thanx
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2010, 06:28:41 PM »
Like Predator said, it is a very soulful album, but hip hop to it's core. Gets my vote as most consistent rapper in the game right now.

Blood$

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2010, 06:35:49 PM »
pretty good record overall, better than Big Doe Rehab but I feel like even though his last album was R&B it was put together better and had more of that "album" feel

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2010, 11:33:05 PM »
damn this album has no filler dope cd, perfect return to form for Ghost, after that Wizard of Poetry slip up...still one of the most consistant members of the Wu!
Slip up?

kemizt

soopa-man

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2010, 12:47:33 AM »
damn this album has no filler dope cd, perfect return to form for Ghost, after that Wizard of Poetry slip up...still one of the most consistant members of the Wu!
Slip up?
Yeah there were too many moments in that album where Ghost didnt really rhyme enough on, tracks like "Lets Stop Playin" were great tracks like "Ill Be that" and "Not Your Average Chick" were straight comedy and just really it went against what Wu was about but all in all he made a good attempt at some thing different but slipped up in comparison to gems like FishScaly, Supreme, BPW etc...

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2010, 03:37:26 AM »
pretty good record overall, better than Big Doe Rehab but I feel like even though his last album was R&B it was put together better and had more of that "album" feel

yeh its a shame but i think this is his weakest release yet...

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2010, 05:29:19 AM »
This is his best since Fishscale, way better than Ghostdini which other than the Fabulous track I wasn't really feeling. It's selfish but as much as Ghostdini was Ghostface it wasn't the Ghostface people wanted to hear.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2010, 10:24:04 AM »
fuck lucky for ghost frank dukes won the redbull comp and picked ghost!

dukes put up some bangers for this album

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2010, 10:27:14 AM »
This is his best since Fishscale, way better than Ghostdini which other than the Fabulous track I wasn't really feeling. It's selfish but as much as Ghostdini was Ghostface it wasn't the Ghostface people wanted to hear.

I always took Ghostdini as a experimental album with a main theme and musically more of a R&B sounding album. The storytelling on it was dope. But yeah THIS is the Ghost people have grown accustomed to hearing.

Anunikke

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2010, 05:44:01 PM »

I always took Ghostdini as a experimental album with a main theme and musically more of a R&B sounding album. The storytelling on it was dope. But yeah THIS is the Ghost people have grown accustomed to hearing.
I'm still not sure whether WOP is an experimental concept album or def jam tightening the lease.

Skeptic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2010, 10:28:42 PM »
does he have many story telling tracks on this, i love his story tracks!!!

Lunatic

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2010, 12:07:35 PM »
1. Purified Thoughts - 5/5. Typical great Wu sounding track. And "typical" isn't a bad thing. They all kill it. My incredibly good sources tell me Ghost & Priest are knockin' out another joint as we speak  ;)

2. Superstar - 3.25/5. Not bad. Busta kills it. I hate the chorus though.
3. Black Tequila - 4/5. I can enjoy it. Again, great typical Wu sounding cut.
4. Drama - 5/5. Love this right here. Nice to see Ghost work with Joell/Game. Like to see Ghost work with different ppl since we usually just see the usual suspects. Game kills it.

5. 2Getha' Baby - 5/5. Great hip-hop at its finest. Love the soulful feel it has. Probably my favorite joint on the album.
6. Starkology - 3.5/5. Pretty typical sounding again, but just a bit below of what I expect from a joint like this
7. In Tha Park - 4/5. Solid joint. Real hip-hop right here.

8. How You Like Me Baby - 3.75/5. Good joint right here. Love the soulful feel again.
9. Handcuffin' Them Hoes - 3/5. Not my cup of tea and I'm not very interested in Ghost/Jim Jones collabo's
10. Street Bullies - 4/5. Again, good, typical sounding Wu cut.

11. Ghetto - 4/5. Not much to say lol. Consistent good (Wu) good music.
12. Troublemakers - 5/5. Like this joint a lot. Redman killed it!

All in all, a typical good Ghostwritten album. Very consistent sound, cohesive as always. What you expect is what you get.

Btw, seen a lot of people comment on Ghostdini. I liked that album. It was different for Ghost and I think it worked. Just my opinion. Loved the storytelling element it had.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2010, 04:02:08 PM »
1. Purified Thoughts - 5/5. Typical great Wu sounding track. And "typical" isn't a bad thing. They all kill it. My incredibly good sources tell me Ghost & Priest are knockin' out another joint as we speak  ;)

4. Drama - 5/5. Love this right here. Nice to see Ghost work with Joell/Game. Like to see Ghost work with different ppl since we usually just see the usual suspects. Game kills it.

5. 2Getha' Baby - 5/5. Great hip-hop at its finest. Love the soulful feel it has. Probably my favorite joint on the album.
6. Starkology - 3.5/5. Pretty typical sounding again, but just a bit below of what I expect from a joint like this

8. How You Like Me Baby - 3.75/5. Good joint right here. Love the soulful feel again.
9. Handcuffin' Them Hoes - 3/5. Not my cup of tea and I'm not very interested in Ghost/Jim Jones collabo's

All in all, a typical good Ghostwritten album. Very consistent sound, cohesive as always. What you expect is what you get.

Btw, seen a lot of people comment on Ghostdini. I liked that album. It was different for Ghost and I think it worked. Just my opinion. Loved the storytelling element it had.

Agreed. Ghostdini was a concept album and a damn good one at that.

Lunatic

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2010, 05:15:44 PM »

Agreed. Ghostdini was a concept album and a damn good one at that.
Exactly. Without looking at the tracklist, if my mind serves me correctly, half or more than half was storytelling records. I remember I was allowed an early listen at the album and wrote a review for Raptalk. Was very impressed indeed
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com