Author Topic: LBC Crew - "Haven't You Heard" (Cover & Tracklist)  (Read 3124 times)

m-dogg

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: LBC Crew - "Haven't You Heard" (Cover & Tracklist)
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2010, 02:50:02 PM »
it will be a glorious day when this is finally released and is in perfect audio quality (crossing my fingers).

seriously, this has been my most wanted album for 15 straight years.  wondered if it would ever see the light of day.  good things come to those who wait I guess...VERY happy they scrapped the old + new formula and kept it all OG...

also looking forward to Big C-style's release too!

OG Hack Wilson

where the fuck is 2pac on Out the moon lol

they took off the dopest verse lmao

Did they possibly add Pac later and he did not appear on the OG?

yeah that very well may be the case but Pac's verse was also a radio edit verse (no swears) so I assume they have a dirty one
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2010, 11:24:56 PM »
so is this gon have newly recorded tracks or not? some people are sayin yes and some no......

Well, it's weird because they were actually playing new LBC Crew tracks on the Wideawake/Death Row website, fairly recently.  But it looks like those tracks won't appear on this album.  Maybe they're saving them for a second album.  Really, I'm glad they're not including the new songs with the old ones.  The new songs were sounding good, but I'd rather they release the original project in its original form.
snippets, or full songs?

only 2 new LBC Crew-tracks so far. one full, and one snippet..

also im pretty sure this is not the original form of teh album.. just a compilation.
the original form doesnt exists, cus there were tracks missing. Lil C-style destroyed some songs..

the fact, that a dedication to a radio-dj (exclusive for his show), is featured on this release - makes it even more obvious..
plus, the advacne-tracklisting differs..

be grateful for what you are getting. we are getting a lottt of songs in cdq that we did not have in cdq. and some of these are totally unheard.
also, this tracklisting is pretty similar to tracklisting of the advance.

there are like 2 songs form the advance that aren't on this album, and i think that they are on the 19th street compilation coming out at the same time.

yea, the radio drop is going to be on the album. and that radio drop just so happens to be fucking sick. can't wait to hear it in cdq.

also, this has been covered before - lil c style destroyed a few tapes, ok, but backups of every song are kept. backup dat's, backup cds, all of that...

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2010, 11:43:28 PM »
so is this gon have newly recorded tracks or not? some people are sayin yes and some no......

Well, it's weird because they were actually playing new LBC Crew tracks on the Wideawake/Death Row website, fairly recently.  But it looks like those tracks won't appear on this album.  Maybe they're saving them for a second album.  Really, I'm glad they're not including the new songs with the old ones.  The new songs were sounding good, but I'd rather they release the original project in its original form.
snippets, or full songs?

also im pretty sure this is not the original form of teh album.. just a compilation.
the original form doesnt exists, cus there were tracks missing. Lil C-style destroyed some songs..

the fact, that a dedication to a radio-dj (exclusive for his show), is featured on this release - makes it even more obvious..

be grateful for what you are getting. we are getting a lottt of songs in cdq that we did not have in cdq. and some of these are totally unheard.

there are like 2 songs form the advance that aren't on this album, and i think that they are on the 19th street compilation coming out at the same time.

yea, the radio drop is going to be on the album. and that radio drop just so happens to be fucking sick. can't wait to hear it in cdq.

also, this has been covered before - lil c style destroyed a few tapes, ok, but backups of every song are kept. backup dat's, backup cds, all of that...

excuse me, sir - how do u assume im ungrateful? what r u talkin about?

i was just sayin - taht there isnt any LBC Crwe-album.. just a bunch of seperate songs from differwent sessions. thsi WideAwake-release is just a mish-mash , consisting of different LBC Crew-sessions.. nothing more.

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2010, 12:00:30 AM »

snippets, or full songs?

i was just sayin - taht there isnt any LBC Crwe-album.. just a bunch of seperate songs from differwent sessions. thsi WideAwake-release is just a mish-mash , consisting of different LBC Crew-sessions.. nothing more.

aight aight, my bad. i assumed too much, lol.

maybe there wasn't an LBC Crew album exactly recorded and set for release.

But 'Haven't You Heard' was a real album, that was really set for release. Are you saying that was more a Snoop compilation album than an LBC Crew album?

procrastiNate

« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2010, 12:15:57 AM »
I really don't see what the big deal is. Whether or not Haven't You Heard was a Doggystyle Records compilation or an LBC Crew album, the album that we are getting is closest to the Haven't You Heard tracklisting as possible. Flossn', Beware of My Crew, Hit Rocks and Doggystyle '96 have all been properly released so why put them on the new album when we could get different songs in their place that have never been leaked or released in good quality? Yeah, they could've put the original version of Funk Wit Yo Brain with Tray Deee on here but other than that I don't think this release could be any better.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 12:21:46 AM by procrastiNate »

« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2010, 12:34:43 AM »

snippets, or full songs?

aight aight, my bad. i assumed too much, lol.

maybe there wasn't an LBC Crew album exactly recorded and set for release.

But 'Haven't You Heard' was a real album, that was really set for release. Are you saying that was more a Snoop compilation album than an LBC Crew album?

no, im not sayin anything bout that ether. your confused. lol  ;)

but, yes..
i guess the project was originally supposed to be a Dogghouse-records introduction at one point --- showcasing "new" talent like Charlie Wilson, LBC Crew etc etc.. hence, the solo-song wit Snoop ("havent u heard")..
but it later became more like a bonafide LBC Crew project..

i remember an interview wit Snoop wit Theo. i have it on audio somewhere..
when Bad azz, Daz and Tech were wit him..

Okka

« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2010, 04:10:21 AM »
no, im not sayin anything bout that ether. your confused. lol  ;)

but, yes..
i guess the project was originally supposed to be a Dogghouse-records introduction at one point --- showcasing "new" talent like Charlie Wilson, LBC Crew etc etc.. hence, the solo-song wit Snoop ("havent u heard")..
but it later became more like a bonafide LBC Crew project..

i remember an interview wit Snoop wit Theo. i have it on audio somewhere..
when Bad azz, Daz and Tech were wit him..

Doggystyle Records. Snoop came up with the Dogg House in 2000 but he had to change it.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2010, 07:11:35 PM »
Flossn', Beware of My Crew, Hit Rocks and Doggystyle '96 have all been properly released so why put them on the new album when we could get different songs in their place that have never been leaked or released in good quality?

You have a point if the 14 songs they're putting on there fill up the 80 minute limit for a CD -- otherwise, if there's space left over, I would prefer they put the songs you listed on there for completion's sake.  To have all the songs on one disc.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Will_B

« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2010, 03:24:33 AM »
I'm sure they've got old track listings from the various sessions of the album, I'm hoping it comes out like they intended it to sound in 1996/97.

procrastiNate

« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2010, 04:56:09 AM »
Flossn', Beware of My Crew, Hit Rocks and Doggystyle '96 have all been properly released so why put them on the new album when we could get different songs in their place that have never been leaked or released in good quality?

You have a point if the 14 songs they're putting on there fill up the 80 minute limit for a CD -- otherwise, if there's space left over, I would prefer they put the songs you listed on there for completion's sake.  To have all the songs on one disc.
I'd rather them put some more unreleased tracks on there to fill up the disc. There are still more LBC Crew songs in the vault.

procrastiNate

« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2010, 05:02:31 AM »
After the album comes out these LBC Crew tracks will still be unreleased...

lbc crew - beware of my crew [remix] [produced by dj pooh?]
 lbc crew - crooked
 lbc crew - don't say bitch
 lbc crew - feel this
 lbc crew, (bad azz, tray d, crooked i, salim' h. grant, baby girl) - flossin' [other version] [produced by salim h. grant, soopafly]
 lbc crew (snoop, tray d, mcgruff, mahallia franklin (the queen of funk), kevin vanardo, bo roc and salim h. grant) - funk wit' yo brain [original]
 lbc crew - keep it hot
 lbc crew - life's hard
 lbc crew - nina ross
 lbc crew - no recognition
 lbc crew - one
 lbc crew - on the floor
 lbc crew - snoop's shit
 lbc crew - st. ides [commercial]
 lbc crew - tight situation
 lbc crew - untitled [produced by dj pooh]
 lbc crew - untitled 6/20/95
 lbc crew - untitled 6/26/95
 lbc crew - untitled 6/31/95
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 05:10:19 AM by procrastiNate »

« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2010, 05:08:38 AM »

You have a point if the 14 songs they're putting on there fill up the 80 minute limit for a CD -- otherwise, if there's space left over, I would prefer they put the songs you listed on there for completion's sake.  To have all the songs on one disc.
I'd rather them put some more unreleased tracks on there to fill up the disc. There are still more LBC Crew songs in the vault.

this.

its not like there is a lbc crew-album to begin with - so if WideAwake wamts to put out a  LBC crew-compilation -- why fuck it up like teh previous releases, by including bunch of old stuff...

then again - just like god, canadians works in mysterious ways..

but, were gettin some of the suff in CDQ, so im good..  8)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 05:25:45 AM by imsohappydatmydiccsbig »

It's All About 18

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2010, 07:08:23 AM »
After the album comes out these LBC Crew tracks will still be unreleased...

lbc crew - beware of my crew [remix] [produced by dj pooh?]
 lbc crew - crooked
 lbc crew - don't say bitch
 lbc crew - feel this
 lbc crew, (bad azz, tray d, crooked i, salim' h. grant, baby girl) - flossin' [other version] [produced by salim h. grant, soopafly]
 lbc crew (snoop, tray d, mcgruff, mahallia franklin (the queen of funk), kevin vanardo, bo roc and salim h. grant) - funk wit' yo brain [original]
 lbc crew - keep it hot
 lbc crew - life's hard
 lbc crew - nina ross
 lbc crew - no recognition
 lbc crew - one
 lbc crew - on the floor
 lbc crew - snoop's shit
 lbc crew - st. ides [commercial]
 lbc crew - tight situation
 lbc crew - untitled [produced by dj pooh]
 lbc crew - untitled 6/20/95
 lbc crew - untitled 6/26/95

lbc crew - untitled 6/31/95
The Beware of my crew remix ain't unreleased...i got it on the DPGC Remix LP
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 07:09:56 AM by It's All About 18 »

procrastiNate

« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2010, 07:10:35 AM »
That's a bootleg. Doesn't count.