Author Topic: Green Lantern  (Read 1157 times)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Green Lantern
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 04:11:20 PM »
This movie was kinda wack. Cool effects and shit but not really that funny, Seth needs other funny guys in his movies, not just him.

hi
is not even out yet dude

I believe he's thinking of "Green Hornet."

Lol he is..

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 01:08:19 AM »
o fuck, my bad

JohnnyL

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 10:28:25 AM »
o fuck, my bad

It's all good.  I knew what you meant.

G-Funk

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2011, 04:53:17 PM »
This movie was kinda wack. Cool effects and shit but not really that funny, Seth needs other funny guys in his movies, not just him.

hi
is not even out yet dude

I believe he's thinking of "Green Hornet."

Lol he is..
looooool!
well at least I know not to see that movie.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2011, 01:39:21 AM »
Well I finally got to see GL sunday.  Its a good movie, don't bother with 3D cause just like POTC 4 there's barely anything 3D.  $ saving tip of the day  ;)  Hollyweird should either put more 3D stuff in movies or don't bother doing them  >:(  Those who might not like the movie might not realize that the story of GL must be told, can't cram everything into 1 movie.  I don't know if this was in the comic books but i'm sick & tired of relationships in action movies.  Enough with seeing ex loves, their exes for a reason, it sometimes ruins the action movies.  Hal shoulda went with new pussy.  The redhead is a bitch.  Good, but not movie of the year.  Its good for a superhero change, cause on movies, comics, cartoons, its always superman batman & spiderman.  But barely others.

JohnnyL

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2011, 11:12:49 AM »
    For what it's worth, I enjoyed the movie, but it did have some problems.  I'm not sure it deserves the anal rapage it's receiving from all of the critics, but I do think some of the criticisms were accurate.  The stuff with Parallax and the stuff on Oa I thought worked well.  In a way that surprised me, because I thought that might be where the movie would run into the most trouble.  But really, I thought all the stuff with the various Green Lanterns and the Guardians worked fine.  Mark Strong's Sinestro, I thought was particularly good.
    The parts where I thought they ran into trouble was  the stuff back on Earth, when Hal returns with his powers. Hector Hammond, for instance seems like he could be an interesting character when he's introduced, but ultimately by the end of the film, the character seems wasted. Also, there were elements of the story (with Jordan's family, for instance) that seemed like they were put in to build to something later in the film, but then those elements were never revisited.  It makes me wonder how much of the movie may have been cut, to keep the pacing of the film quicker. 
    To me, the overall movie was a mixed bag but there were a enough good elements in play that I think a sequel could work very well.  Right now, Warner Bros. is acting like a sequel will happen, but I think that is still up in the air.  They spent over $200 million making this movie, so I'm sure they're waiting to see how well this one is going to do at the box office before they make any final decisions.